If only the Airline Industry was this United

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: If only the Airline Industry was this United

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Jet Jockey wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:06 pm According to the Canadian trucking association, about 85% of truckers are vaccinated... Again a minority will stir up sh!t for no good reason.

The fact is Canada only reacted to the US government's announcement in early October 2021 to require all truckers to be vaccinated to be allowed in the USA.

Tell the truckers to go their tantrum in the USA... Good luck with that because they won't be allowed in.
Lots of vaccinated truckers are out protesting. Lots of vaccinated supporters standing on overpasses. This was never for the unvaccinated truckers this is for everyone who feels the government has been over reaching and abusing its power.

These vaccine mandates were brewed up a few months ago and lots has changed since then. Time to ask if vaccine mandates make any sense at all, and why aren’t government changing policies with the science?

I was never in agreement with vaccine mandates, but even if you were 4 months ago, would you agree the science has evolved significantly in this time? Delta vs omicron, evidence of viral loads in the vaccinated, evidence the vaccinated are still spreading Covid nearly as much as the non vaccinated, evidence of natural immunity etc.
---------- ADS -----------

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

The one thing that has remained constant throughout the pandemic is that the vaccine significantly reduces the probability that one will get seriously ill from the virus. Isn’t that enough of a reason to get vaccinated?

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

hithere wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:56 pm The one thing that has remained constant throughout the pandemic is that the vaccine significantly reduces the probability that one will get seriously ill from the virus. Isn’t that enough of a reason to get vaccinated?
I don’t know why people always run circles around these conversations. The same points come back up.

My response to this is, who are you speaking for?

Are you making this statement for a 19 year old healthy college student? Is this about a 10 year old with cancer? A 40 year old who is obese? A 50 year old athlete? This is very important to define don’t you think? Who is ending up hospitalized with Covid?

The vaccines are very safe, but not with zero risk. There are nearly 300 people (i think it was Canada wide but forget if it was on the Ontario or Canada website) who have died with a link to Covid vaccination and some are posted as “under investigation”. It appears they want to hide the information (or maybe that’s a stretch, but at the very least public health and the media attempt to under represent the vaccines risk and over represent the benefits). Other people have been hospitalized after vaccination. I am really only making this point to say, vaccines are not without risk, and this is important to acknowledge. By no means am I saying that these risks make the vaccines not worth taking for most people. For most people the vaccines are the right choice. It’s just not my choice to make for other people.

That said for most people the risk benefit made it worth it to get the vaccines… however as time goes on this changes. As time passes natural immunity increases through infection, and the virus is less virulent. If you keep assessing risk benefits, each day that passes it makes vaccines less important to some people each day that passes.

For example, a parent may have said with delta they want to vaccinate their 12 year old. But since omicron is here, maybe that makes less sense for a healthy 12 year old. Maybe you would choose to risk natural infection and immunity as the virus is now less virulent.

Maybe the most important point is this should really just be a personal choice we all make and we should be armed with the facts of the risks and benefits and this should be a discussion with our doctors. Does this help you understand why people might make a choice you disagree with? I encourage you to listen to Peter attias latest podcast on Covid, maybe that could give you some insight.. One of the doctors said they had antivax listeners who emailed in to say their podcast changed their mind and decided to get a vaccine. Being armed with unbiased information makes people feel empowered to make good choices. Unfortunately our government creates division, fear, and ultimately we all end up losing trust and this manifests groups of people who will be “antivax”.

Edit: so I wanted to link the adverse events data, here is where you can find it
https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid ... ne-safety/
Canada wide 269 deaths in the vaccinated, but they don’t make it clear if they can link the death directly to vaccination. This is part of the lack of information that can fuel the fire. Why don’t they finish these investigations and post the data. Why not just be clear about the risk?
A1207A89-5FAF-43C7-8966-8264A4823ED0.jpeg
A1207A89-5FAF-43C7-8966-8264A4823ED0.jpeg (615.05 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
Based on this data an argument could be made that nearly every other day, someone is dying from taking a Covid vaccine in Canada.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5756719

STOCKHOLM -- Sweden has decided against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11, the Health Agency said on Thursday, arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks. "With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm told a news conference.

What a difference from what Mr. Trudeaus message is.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:44 am https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5756719

STOCKHOLM -- Sweden has decided against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11, the Health Agency said on Thursday, arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks. "With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm told a news conference.

What a difference from what Mr. Trudeaus message is.
Meanwhile Fauxi wants to vax children under 5. Unreal. No sane parent will do that.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/19/fauci-s ... month.html

Let’s Go Brandon
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

The argument that the vaccine will reduce the severity of the "disease" has never been proven. It is simply regurgitated by all MSM and favoured talking heads as a fact. What a load of bs.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Well this topic certainly attracted the AvCanada's anti-vax/Deniers gang and their circle j@rk arguments (Hamster wheel's argument for the touchy Ones)

Have fun :mrgreen:

JeppsOnFire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JeppsOnFire »

I’m willfully vaccinated.
I am grateful to healthcare workers (et al) for their perseverance and hard work in unimaginable working conditions.
I support the convoy speaking out against what is, in my opinion, government overreach on personal liberties.
Texas had a ‘bans off my body’ protest which was applauded by so many yet the same people become angry and condescending with regards to those who oppose vaccine mandates. They, for some reason, cannot see the similarities to a government imposed vaccination.
Government does not get to choose for me. Full stop.

Transition9er2
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Transition9er2 »

Watching the convoys enter Ottawa and now seeing convoys grow and head into their provincial capitals is truly amazing!

For the first time in a very long time I am FINALLY feeling Proud to be Canadian again.

Looks like the fringe minority is actually making a lot of noise!

Ultimately I hope this continues to stay safe and peaceful for everyone!

T.

Return to “Covid”