Should the Anti-Vaxxers go to Jail

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
hamstandard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Should the Anti-Vaxxers go to Jail

Post by hamstandard »

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/mo ... 0fc00/amp/

As they post more and more information n this forum, more and more say yes.
---------- ADS -----------

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Should the Anti-Vaxxers go to Jail

Post by TG »

FOD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:31 am What a sad, sad society Canada has become. This will end very poorly for all *-Canadians.
Give me a break, it's Canada not North Korea!
While I do not condemn this idea at all --> Should the anti-vaxxers go to jail, yeah right... :roll: It all boils down to that:
“A majority of Canadians have little sympathy for the unvaccinated,”

I am certainly not the only one getting fed up by this know it all conspiracy non-sense.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Wow. On the spectrum of abject stupidity, where at one end there are the people who believe that there are microchips in the vaccine, the other end is home to these idiots. Covid may have officially (and totally preventably) wrecked our society. Can't wait to see how our experts science our way out of this one.

This is a timely and interesting read :
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pandem ... -1.6319844

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Just be thankful as an anti vaxer when you go to jail you can say it’s for multiple counts of second degree murder, and not child abuse.

If Covid was killing kids and you had to identify as a child abuser that would get your ass kicked in prison.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Vaticinator wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:26 am Wow. On the spectrum of abject stupidity, where at one end there are the people who believe that there are microchips in the vaccine, the other end is home to these idiots. Covid may have officially (and totally preventably) wrecked our society. Can't wait to see how our experts science our way out of this one.

This is a timely and interesting read :
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/pandem ... -1.6319844
Do you think vaccination status should determine medical treatment? One of the reasons that people are unhappy with the unvaccinated is because healthcare isn't dependent on vaccination status. A member of my family has now had a significantly life-improving operation postponed for months (possibly years) because hospitals are reserving space for COVID patients, and she is not happy about that.

If unvaccinated people were able to carry the full consequences of their decision, maybe there would be less angst about them.

Personally I don't believe that. I think once you walk (or are carried) through the hospital door, you should get treatment.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

I think everybody should go to jail. That would solve everything.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Oh and this "I have no sympathy for the vaccinated".

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

I am all for restrictions on the willfully unvaccinated such as not being able to dine indoors during pandemic restriction times, be in indoor public places without a mask, and not receive a COVID-19 vaccine tax credit, but I am very against applying monetary penalties (taxes, fines, etc.), or denying services outright without a safe alternative (outdoor dining, takeout, etc.).

Quebec has problems with "them vs us" and it shows with the COVID tax, religious headwear ban, and the language police.

Let's not let the Florida of Canada tempt us to punish the stupid and ignorant. Getting the vaccine is a choice and should not be made to be a decision between paying rent and paying a fine.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

8 months ago on the radio the host was talking about how it was not appropriate to ask someone's vaccine status. The discussion was concluding that at work, or with family and friends it's not socially acceptable to ask vaccine status (ya know because that's how life was a couple years ago)

Today that same radio host supports vaccine mandates and passports :lol:

Well that aged well, like some fine ass Canadian cheddar. :lol:

So for all those who don't support jail time, just give them 8 months to really think about it. Minds can change! Throw in a more transmissible less deadly than omicron virus next winter and jail time will be on the table. Everything is on the table folks!

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

imjustlurking wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:33 am I am all for restrictions on the willfully unvaccinated such as not being able to dine indoors during pandemic restriction times, be in indoor public places without a mask, and not receive a COVID-19 vaccine tax credit, but I am very against applying monetary penalties (taxes, fines, etc.), or denying services outright without a safe alternative (outdoor dining, takeout, etc.).

Quebec has problems with "them vs us" and it shows with the COVID tax, religious headwear ban, and the language police.

Let's not let the Florida of Canada tempt us to punish the stupid and ignorant. Getting the vaccine is a choice and should not be made to be a decision between paying rent and paying a fine.
Agreed. One thing I hate the most about this whole thing is the complete lack of nuance in argument on both sides. Quebec clearly has cultural/societal issues that goes way beyond COVID. Personally, as much as the constant conspiracy theory threads on this website annoy the shit out of me, along with people making accounts for the sole purpose of putting forward fraudulent/discredited studies on treatments etc, I do not/would not favour monetary or stringent legal penalties against those who are unwilling to be vaccinated. If you make the personal choice to not get vaccinated, and you end up in the hospital, I’m well within my rights to think you’re a bit of a mouth-breather. On the other side of the coin, you’re well within your rights to continue to receive care at a Canadian hospital to the same degree as vaccinated Canadians. Sometimes it rubs me the wrong way for sure, but really, what other option is there… I’d prefer a messy and imperfect compromise than threatening the legal framework for personal freedom in this country.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6323751

If you have two shots and refuse the third when they make it mandatory next month, does this make you antivax?

How will we shame the people who have two shots that won’t get the third?

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:05 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6323751

If you have two shots and refuse the third when they make it mandatory next month, does this make you antivax?

Yes!
I don’t think you’ll find as many as you think that won’t get the booster, my guess it’ll be the same who only got vaccinated because they were persuaded(to keep their jobs) to.
Got mine, no ill effects!

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:05 am https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6323751

Unpopular opinion maybe but hear me out: what if we jail the people who make accounts solely to post Covid stuff on here? Just asking questions.

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

Hot Wings wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:26 am If you make the personal choice to not get vaccinated, and you end up in the hospital, I’m well within my rights to think you’re a bit of a mouth-breather. On the other side of the coin, you’re well within your rights to continue to receive care at a Canadian hospital to the same degree as vaccinated Canadians. Sometimes it rubs me the wrong way for sure, but really, what other option is there… I’d prefer a messy and imperfect compromise than threatening the legal framework for personal freedom in this country.
I agree. Exactly the same as it's been forever with personal choices of all kinds - smoking, alcohol use, not exercising, etc, etc. All personal choices that could and do result in your needing medical care as a direct result of that specific personal choice.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

FOD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:58 am It may not be North Korea. But folks like you are pushing it in that direction. You wouldn’t complain one bit about being on ‘inside’ of that kind of regime would you. Your dogmatic henchmen rhetoric on here demonstrates it. If the microchip idiots represent the extreme of one side, you represent the extreme of the other end.

Will you quietly forget who you became during these terrible times? Or will you continue your extremism beyond this pandemic? What will it be next?
Yeah right... I wrote I was against this silly idea of putting in jail people who are not vaccinated! I will also make it clear that they should not be taxed or fined but sure, flag me as an extremist.

If at this point in time you still haven't figured out why getting vaccinated is the best thing to do for yourself and the greater good, not much else will make you change your mind. What truly annoys me is those spouting their anti-vax conspiracy theory none sense in real life.
Doing so is border line criminal! There is enough example of weak minded people falling into this trap, getting sick and dying of this virus as consequence and I'm pretty confident that if they were a way to brought them into account, this anti-vax cr@p would mostly stop dead in its track (No punt intended)

Now, spouting your anti-vax rhetoric here will only get you "Hamster wheel debunked!" What you and the like are doing in this forum is just trying to convince Yourself that You are correct in Your assertion of things.

That's all... Well no, I didn't talk about unvaccinated clogging ICU and postponed/canceled planned surgery due to that, but that's another topic.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Quite disturbing people would even be considering jailing someone for not taking a vaccine that they don’t even need. Several European countries have had enough of the charades and are getting rid of all restrictions and it’s time we do it here.

Let’s Go Brandon
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

FOD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:31 am
Cite one anti-vaxx comment I’ve made. I challenge you to find any conspiracy theories that have been furthered by me. The only thing I’ve done around here is try to point out those that take it too far.
That’s true. I can’t recall Mr FOD ever saying that vaccines are bad. He is no dummy and he gets wound up over things that make no sense, is pretty arrogant and generally a d*ck but an anti-vaxxer he is not.

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

FOD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:31 am
TG wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:38 am
FOD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:58 am It may not be North Korea. But folks like you are pushing it in that direction. You wouldn’t complain one bit about being on ‘inside’ of that kind of regime would you. Your dogmatic henchmen rhetoric on here demonstrates it. If the microchip idiots represent the extreme of one side, you represent the extreme of the other end.

Will you quietly forget who you became during these terrible times? Or will you continue your extremism beyond this pandemic? What will it be next?
Yeah right... I wrote I was against this silly idea of putting in jail people who are not vaccinated! I will also make it clear that they should not be taxed or fined but sure, flag me as an extremist.

If at this point in time you still haven't figured out why getting vaccinated is the best thing to do for yourself and the greater good, not much else will make you change your mind. What truly annoys me is those spouting their anti-vax conspiracy theory none sense in real life.
Doing so is border line criminal! There is enough example of weak minded people falling into this trap, getting sick and dying of this virus as consequence and I'm pretty confident that if they were a way to brought them into account, this anti-vax cr@p would mostly stop dead in its track (No punt intended)

Now, spouting your anti-vax rhetoric here will only get you "Hamster wheel debunked!" What you and the like are doing in this forum is just trying to convince Yourself that You are correct in Your assertion of things.

That's all... Well no, I didn't talk about unvaccinated clogging ICU and postponed/canceled planned surgery due to that, but that's another topic.
Cite one anti-vaxx comment I’ve made. I challenge you to find any conspiracy theories that have been furthered by me. The only thing I’ve done around here is try to point out those that take it too far.
Then I have you wrong the same as you have me wrong.

My comments above absolutely stand for guys like Jerryrig and a few others unless they are all his multiple alias here. Guy(s) who can't stop posting bogus links, writing bogus arguments about vaccination and all. They belong to flat earth society.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

If you are ever wondering how we got to this point of people thinking non vax should be jailed just have a listen to how influenced people are by the Tech world.
Screenshot_20220123-070909.png
Screenshot_20220123-070909.png (820.42 KiB) Viewed 1874 times

Google told you how to feel and people no longer think for themselves. Funny enough google this guys name and the first link that comes up is "tinfoil hat time".

We are so easily manipulated and the left leaning nerds in California have us under control :lol:

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

I told myself I wasn't going to argue with people about covid online. There is likely no winning against someone who has made up their mind in the way that people in this thread (and others like it) have. I believe my time is better spent elsewhere, and this is a waste of energy. But I will say one thing, and hopefully be able to leave it at that.

I think it's really sad that we (humans) have stooped this low as a species. Especially Canadians, and the West in general. That these sick ideas suggested in this thread, and others, are not only thrown out there, and actually came to someone's mind but worse, taken seriously, normalized, and cheered on by a large enough percentage of the population says that we don't really deserve the civilized western culture that we worked so hard to achieve. That the idea of a two-tiered society is welcomed in this country, sickens me to my core.

For those who think that making people take a medical treatment (that doesn't work as advertised I might add) is ok, are you willing to personally assume liability for anyone that gets hurt or injured as a result of that treatment? I personally know 2 people, and met 2 others who suffered SERIOUS blockages after the vaccine that had them hospitalized for a week, give or take. in 3/4, the doctors acknowledged that it was a direct result of the vaccine. I know precisely ZERO people who have been hospitalized for covid. And I know quite a few people. I am not claiming that is a scientific study, but I support anyone who wants the choice of what goes in their body to be theirs.

I won't take anyone who supports these ideas seriously until they are willing to put their lives and livelihoods on the line for anyone that get injured or hurt as a result of them being forced to do something like this. The drug companies waved liability. Are you willing to assume it??

Return to “Covid”