UK data showing vaccinated all ages more prone to get Covid

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: UK data showing vaccinated all ages more prone to get Covid

Post by CpnCrunch »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 pm
Fluvoxamine is approved for Covid treatment in this country.
The discussion was about the government (Health Canada), which hasn't approved it. The article even mentions that. Last I heard Ontario wasn't a country. Fluvoxamine doesn't seem to be helping them much.
As you can see, there is a small reduction in risk in hospitalisation in ER for 6+ hours, but no effect on mortality or hospitalisation. Compared to 90% reduction in mortality for vaccines and similar large reduction in hospitalization. So you'd need to be crazy to say we should be concentrating on Fluvoxamine instead of vaccines.
The larger point is that so much of what you are latched on to, so much of what you push as fact and settled is bullshit. These vaccines may have their place in the pandemic recovery, but they are not all that they are made out to be and your faith is over placed.

Time to open your eyes.
I don't have overplaced faith or say anything settled. I look at the science as it stands right now, but you seem to be denying.
---------- ADS -----------

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 pm Fluvoxamine doesn't seem to be helping them much.
Neither do the vaccines, if the record case numbers are any indication. They certainly don't seem to be preventing much spread, which leads to infections, which leads to negative outcomes. But I suppose it's doing a great job of keeping healthy people who were unlikely to end up experiencing a negative outcome regardless, out of ICUs. The unhealthy...not so much. But let's keep ignoring that and keep boosting, right? The vaccines are the way out of this, right? Justin and Teresa told us so. I'm sure the next wave will be different!

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm That article covers so much and yet the Covidians latch on to one single thing which the article mentions... never mind that the regulator in Ontario has approved it... must be nothing there... :roll:

Talk about small mindset!

Read deeper Covidians. Wake up!

Yeah, I'm awake all right thanks! You are the one sleeping. Here is an interview for you to read:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/16/heal ... index.html
Pandemic denial: Why some people can't accept Covid-19's realities

Using denial as a coping mechanism is not always a bad choice. Short-term, it gives someone the time to adjust to a situation. When it becomes a long-term crutch and puts others in harm's way, it can be dangerous.

CNN: What is denial and why do we deny things that are obviously true?

Eve Whitmore: Denial is a construct used in psychology to describe how people deal with reality constructs. It's not considered one of the more preferred mechanisms -- we call them defense mechanisms.

Mark Whitmore: Denial is a way for people to defend themselves against anxiety. When they're in periods where there's a lot of anxiety and it's perceived as a threat, then people develop strategies to protect themselves, their sense of security and safety. And one of these is simply to deny whatever the threatening source is exists. In this case, you would simply say, "Well the epidemic is a hoax. It doesn't really exist."
Denial sometimes gets confused with rationalization, which is when people try to explain away or diminish the threat of the source of anxiety. When people say, "Covid-19 is just another flu," they're admitting that it exists, but they're minimizing it and saying it's not as severe as everybody is saying.
You and your backslapping buddies are in long term denial (By the way, this article date back to Aug 2020)

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 pm
altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:05 pm
Fluvoxamine is approved for Covid treatment in this country.
The discussion was about the government (Health Canada), which hasn't approved it. The article even mentions that. Last I heard Ontario wasn't a country. Fluvoxamine doesn't seem to be helping them much.
As you can see, there is a small reduction in risk in hospitalisation in ER for 6+ hours, but no effect on mortality or hospitalisation. Compared to 90% reduction in mortality for vaccines and similar large reduction in hospitalization. So you'd need to be crazy to say we should be concentrating on Fluvoxamine instead of vaccines.
The larger point is that so much of what you are latched on to, so much of what you push as fact and settled is bullshit. These vaccines may have their place in the pandemic recovery, but they are not all that they are made out to be and your faith is over placed.

Time to open your eyes.
I don't have overplaced faith or say anything settled. I look at the science as it stands right now, but you seem to be denying.
As I also said, the article is more than fluvoxamine, you chose to grasp at that single point of all that was said in that article because you didn't even read or comprehend what was written.

Your statements on the science are flared and I'm not denying anything, I'm saying it's deeper than the 90% number that you toss out.

You have blinders on.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

TG wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:43 am
altiplano wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm That article covers so much and yet the Covidians latch on to one single thing which the article mentions... never mind that the regulator in Ontario has approved it... must be nothing there... :roll:

Talk about small mindset!

Read deeper Covidians. Wake up!

Yeah, I'm awake all right thanks! You are the one sleeping. Here is an interview for you to read:

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/16/heal ... index.html
Pandemic denial: Why some people can't accept Covid-19's realities

Using denial as a coping mechanism is not always a bad choice. Short-term, it gives someone the time to adjust to a situation. When it becomes a long-term crutch and puts others in harm's way, it can be dangerous.

CNN: What is denial and why do we deny things that are obviously true?

Eve Whitmore: Denial is a construct used in psychology to describe how people deal with reality constructs. It's not considered one of the more preferred mechanisms -- we call them defense mechanisms.

Mark Whitmore: Denial is a way for people to defend themselves against anxiety. When they're in periods where there's a lot of anxiety and it's perceived as a threat, then people develop strategies to protect themselves, their sense of security and safety. And one of these is simply to deny whatever the threatening source is exists. In this case, you would simply say, "Well the epidemic is a hoax. It doesn't really exist."
Denial sometimes gets confused with rationalization, which is when people try to explain away or diminish the threat of the source of anxiety. When people say, "Covid-19 is just another flu," they're admitting that it exists, but they're minimizing it and saying it's not as severe as everybody is saying.
You and your backslapping buddies are in long term denial (By the way, this article date back to Aug 2020)
LOL CNN article during US election cycle on the most politicized issue of our time? Sure...

What am I denying exactly?

That mandates are the wrong path?

That vaccine passports are ineffective?

That the vaccines aren't all that were cracked up to be? That they don't prevent transmission or spread?

That denying people their rights is good?

News for you... after months, years even of vaccine passports, mandates, covid hotels, high vaccination rates in the population, high restrictions on the unvaxxed, lockdowns, curfews, travel restrictions, closed borders, masks and more this country has the highest rates of infection ever.

What you are denying is basic discourse. You use pejorative and inaccurate expressions like "science denier" and "anti-vaxxer" to put down anyone that asks questions. All you have is the dogma you have been fed, by the likes of CNN no doubt, and at some point tattooed it on your brain. You take all you have accepted over these years as indubitably settled.

Back to my original point, the narrative is changing. Already people like you are bring identified as a problem in recovery.

The good news is, you can lock your door and order your uber eats and stay off planes. You can still drive in your car or walk down the street with your mask on. You do you, and let the rest of the world that is ready move on.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

WTF did I just read in the “cnn interview” :lol:

TG is off the deep end everyone. He is deep in the religion. You know what religious people do, they pray for each other. Let’s pray for TG.

Dear Covid gods, TG has succumbed to the fear of your cold like symptoms. He accepts that you are the high and mighty of all viral creations. Let him feel your strength, your power of tasteless dry cough and sniffles. For he has sacrificed two years and put you on the pedestal of all things in his life. We trust you will only make him sacrifice what is required. If you deem this means he must mask and hide inside forever he will accept this duty in the name of all things holy and virulent. Amen.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:30 am WTF did I just read in the “cnn interview” :lol:
You were funnier when you were montado

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:02 am What you are denying is basic discourse. You use pejorative and inaccurate expressions like "science denier" and "anti-vaxxer" to put down anyone that asks questions.
But you aren't "asking questions", because you've already fixed on the answers you want to get. To the extent that you write sentences that end with question marks, they're all rhetorical devices to make some kind of point.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:44 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:30 am WTF did I just read in the “cnn interview” :lol:
You were funnier when you were montado
Who thought religion was supposed to be funny. Religion is about buying faith and hope. You tithe and pay into a system where you feel a higher power that gives you faith and hope in life.

How is this any different than buying your faith and hope from Trudeau with your taxes. Pay your tax and Trudeau will stand up like a pastor and sell you some faith and hope. There’s light at the end of this tunnel! 😂

Religion:
a particular system of faith and worship.
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.

Avitard, TG… who else is part of this worship team for Covid? Who wants to start a small group we can meet once weekly and talk about our Covid faith 🤣. I have never see so many people subscribe to a religion so fast.

Just admit your faith and religious beliefs and I’ll leave you be. We don’t need faith and hope religious thinkers trying to tell us “science”.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:49 am
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:02 am What you are denying is basic discourse. You use pejorative and inaccurate expressions like "science denier" and "anti-vaxxer" to put down anyone that asks questions.
But you aren't "asking questions", because you've already fixed on the answers you want to get. To the extent that you write sentences that end with question marks, they're all rhetorical devices to make some kind of point.
Again grasping.

You don't like how I asking what I was denying exactly?

You ought to see by now that anyone that isn't going along exactly like you and your team is getting axed on and defamed by any means. You don't like the way I write now. Trudeau says I'm a racist and misogynist terrorist for not blindly following and supporting his directives.

And still none of you can acknowledge the things that are surfacing, that shifts that are occurring.

The fact is you guys - and many Canadians - are into this so deep you're going to drown in it and it's apparent you want to hold the rest of us under with you.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:23 amTrudeau says I'm a racist and misogynist terrorist for not blindly following and supporting his directives.
I think you might be overstating your own importance, on the grand scale of things. You'd be more persuasive and credible if you could dial things back from 11 to 8.5 or below.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:48 am
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:23 amTrudeau says I'm a racist and misogynist terrorist for not blindly following and supporting his directives.
I think you might be overstating your own importance, on the grand scale of things. You'd be more persuasive and credible if you could dial things back from 11 to 8.5 or below.
I didn't say it, Trudeau did!

I paraphrase but basically - people not with him on the vaccine mandates are anti-vaxxers and made up of racists and misogynists.

And now they are designating the anti-mandate convoy demonstration as terrorists!

But leftist anarchists blockading railways, attempting to derail trains, and more are lauded and appointed as Environment Minister...

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

TG is off the deep end everyone. He is deep in the religion. You know what religious people do, they pray for each other. Let’s pray for TG.

Dear Covid gods, TG has succumbed to the fear of your cold like symptoms. He accepts that you are the high and mighty of all viral creations. Let him feel your strength, your power of tasteless dry cough and sniffles. For he has sacrificed two years and put you on the pedestal of all things in his life. We trust you will only make him sacrifice what is required. If you deem this means he must mask and hide inside forever he will accept this duty in the name of all things holy and virulent. Amen.
ahahaha... I knew you bunch of clowns wouldn't pass the "CNN" tag.
Just proving my point actually, More deniers than ever! At this stage nothing, nothing but being plugged on O2 gasping for air will make you change your mind (Not wishing that to anybody)

But you know what, I will concede that eventually you will be right!
Yes, the thing will mutate to a sort of cold like symptoms, yes all the restrictions will be alleviated and you'll be able to backslap each others saying: "Ah! I Told you so, it was useless!" T.o.t.a.l.l.y missing what real mess it would have been if nothing had been done.

You basically wanted nothing done right from the start to bloc this virus correct!? Your big picture assertion of things had you decide that this virus was nothing to be afraid of correct?

Would you ask a crew to throw their check list out the window during an engine fire? Do nothing not to indispose their passengers in the back? Can you imagine if it was a DC-10? Or a L1011? Not a single passenger would notice the fire on #2 from their window! Even the purser could bitch on the crew and their deviation lol

But yes, I concede that at some point you will be right and the sooner you'll be right the better. You will be able to deny it even happened, at that stage I will not care as it will be behind.

Same, at some point you will be right about some recycled or new meds being super effective at dealing with it. Keep listing them randomly and you could hit the jackpot eventually.

But it still amaze me how you and the like can be in such a denial.
So here you go, not from CNN or Fox news this time.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 232100075X
Acceptance, denial, and belief change
It's an interesting reading, probably too long for your attention span..

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:33 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:41 pm Fluvoxamine doesn't seem to be helping them much.
Neither do the vaccines, if the record case numbers are any indication. They certainly don't seem to be preventing much spread, which leads to infections, which leads to negative outcomes.
The vaccines reduce hospitalizations by between 70% and 90% for Omicron, which is pretty good.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

TG wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 am Would you ask a crew to throw their check list out the window during an engine fire?
Interestingly enough, that's exactly what the Trudeau Government and their Technocrats did.

They had a playbook for a Corona virus pandemic developed in 2006 for the Federal Government, including involvement from Tam herself.

They threw it all out the window and what we got was very different.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... years-ago/

Why did they do that?

Indeed the priority became a political opportunity, a chance to reframe Canadian society.

Recall one of the first things they did was attempt to pass a bill consolidating power in their hands and away from the Commons, unlimited authority on spending, and all in a minority Government.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Oh great now TG is posting is research from a philosopher. Very much like religion.

Instead of showing science he is going philosophical on us.

"A hairdresser wore a mask and he did not have covid. He provided a hair cut to a client who then did not get covid from the hair dresser. This is how we know masks work. If you don't agree you must love Trump. Pastor Trudeau told us"- Love of Wisdom

is there a God?
What is truth?
What is a person? What makes a person the same through time?
Is the world strictly composed of matter?
Do people have minds? If so, how is the mind related to the body?
Do people have free wills?
What is it for one event to cause another?

TG you are so lost in religion :lol:

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 am I paraphrase
No kidding.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 am
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 am I paraphrase
No kidding.
Here you go then:

The conversation is regarding unvaccinated Canadians and people that question his mandates:

“They are extremists who don’t believe in science, they’re often misogynists, also often racists,” said Trudeau. “It’s a small group that muscles in, and we have to make a choice in terms of leaders, in terms of the country. Do we tolerate these people?”

Meanwhile Trudeau PMO henchman Gerald Butts calls people questioning the narrative "Western separatists" and "terrorists".

Wake up.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:25 pm The conversation is regarding unvaccinated Canadians and people that question his mandates:

"They are extremists who don’t believe in science, they’re often misogynists, also often racists,” said Trudeau.
Insane that this our PM.

Does he actually want these people to get vaccinated, because his strategy is shit. Sounds more like he is interested in dividing people up and stirring fear and hate.

Return to “Covid”