UK data showing vaccinated all ages more prone to get Covid

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: UK data showing vaccinated all ages more prone to get Covid

Post by Aviatard »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 pm
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:25 pm The conversation is regarding unvaccinated Canadians and people that question his mandates:

"They are extremists who don’t believe in science, they’re often misogynists, also often racists,” said Trudeau.
Insane that this our PM.

Does he actually want these people to get vaccinated, because his strategy is shit. Sounds more like he is interested in dividing people up and stirring fear and hate.
Do you mean you're in agreement with tolerating misogynists, racists, western separatists and terrorists?
---------- ADS -----------

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:00 pm Do you mean you're in agreement with tolerating misogynists, racists, western separatists and terrorists?
DF33610B-A536-41DA-8B56-A8BD8C15589D.jpeg
DF33610B-A536-41DA-8B56-A8BD8C15589D.jpeg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1372 times

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:25 pm
photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 am
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 am I paraphrase
No kidding.
Here you go then:

The conversation is regarding unvaccinated Canadians and people that question his mandates:

“They are extremists who don’t believe in science, they’re often misogynists, also often racists,” said Trudeau. “It’s a small group that muscles in, and we have to make a choice in terms of leaders, in terms of the country. Do we tolerate these people?”

Meanwhile Trudeau PMO henchman Gerald Butts calls people questioning the narrative "Western separatists" and "terrorists".

Wake up.
Trudeau was referring to people who are “fiercely against”vaccination. Which isn’t all unvaccinated Canadians, by any means, and also not the same as people who question his mandates.

I don’t agree with what he said. But I do think you’re playing the victim card.

I have no idea what Butts was referring to, but he’s not the Prime Minister.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:52 pm
photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:04 am

No kidding.
Here you go then:

The conversation is regarding unvaccinated Canadians and people that question his mandates:

“They are extremists who don’t believe in science, they’re often misogynists, also often racists,” said Trudeau. “It’s a small group that muscles in, and we have to make a choice in terms of leaders, in terms of the country. Do we tolerate these people?”

Meanwhile Trudeau PMO henchman Gerald Butts calls people questioning the narrative "Western separatists" and "terrorists".

Wake up.
Trudeau was referring to people who are “fiercely against”vaccination. Which isn’t all unvaccinated Canadians, by any means, and also not the same as people who question his mandates.

Bullshit I'm playing the victim card. I'm calling out the craziness of it.

I might not play virtue signal identity politics, but I'm not a racist or misogynists, certainly not a terrorist... Western separatism is starting to sound pretty fucking good though.

Butts is deep inner circle PMO playing Trudeau's strings, we've known this for, years, like seriously Trudeau isn't capable of forming much thought on his own beyond "what's for lunch?" and "is it 3 o'clock yet?"

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:21 pm
photofly wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:52 pm

Here you go then:

Wake up.

Bullshit I'm playing the victim card. I'm calling out the craziness of it.

I might not play virtue signal identity politics, but I'm not a racist or misogynists, certainly not a terrorist... Western separatism is starting to sound pretty fucking good though.

Butts is deep inner circle PMO playing Trudeau's strings, we've known this for, years, like seriously Trudeau isn't capable of forming much thought on his own beyond "what's for lunch?" and "is it 3 o'clock yet?"
He’s baked out of his mind half the time. Remember this? What a disgrace. :x

Let’s Go Brandon
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

He's lying. See how he trips over himself and looks away from the questioner while he tells the lie? Then he moves back to talking points which aren't lies and is able to look at her.

Not to mention the tetra pack container he is talking about is single use and not reusable, the fiber portion of it can be recycled through a costly process, but the approximately 1/3 plastic/aluminium content is destined for single use and the land fill.

You would think he would have a better story.
prepared at least...

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

FOD wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:42 pm
Aviatard wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:00 pm
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:51 pm

Insane that this our PM.

Does he actually want these people to get vaccinated, because his strategy is shit. Sounds more like he is interested in dividing people up and stirring fear and hate.
Do you mean you're in agreement with tolerating misogynists, racists, western separatists and terrorists?
Hmm, your idiot king is himself a criminal, racist and sexual assaulter. Kind of weird your defending him by accusing someone else who is unlikely to be those things of supporting those things. What a crazy and sad sad society Canada has become.

How about a tax on those people who vote liberal. That’s would be worth pursuing. Oh wait…
You’re very easily triggered. Do you think counseling would be good for you, little snowflake?

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 am The vaccines reduce hospitalizations by between 70% and 90% for Omicron, which is pretty good.
70-90% reduction from what baseline and for whom? 20 year old athletes? Hypertensive, obese 60 year olds?

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:48 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:33 am The vaccines reduce hospitalizations by between 70% and 90% for Omicron, which is pretty good.
70-90% reduction from what baseline and for whom? 20 year old athletes? Hypertensive, obese 60 year olds?
That's a pretty abject comment disguised as a question you're making there.
And FOD on mushroom calling Trudeau a "criminal, racist and sexual assaulter" !!? m-p letters are not written as d-e-a-u :mrgreen:
Not to forget Montado, I mean CaptPoop...No, WellThatAgedWell or is it jonmom? Hard to keep up with his multiple disorder personality.

At least Altiplano, you had a valid come back:
altiplano wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:46 am
TG wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:15 am Would you ask a crew to throw their check list out the window during an engine fire?
Interestingly enough, that's exactly what the Trudeau Government and their Technocrats did.

They had a playbook for a Corona virus pandemic developed in 2006 for the Federal Government, including involvement from Tam herself.

They threw it all out the window and what we got was very different.
But my point was that the government didn't sit on its hands doing nothing. They did something, whatever it was they did something! they followed some sort of a check list just not one you were expecting. Actually, you and the likes wanted nothing done to indispose your life.
-No lockdown
-No restrictions
-No masks
-No vaccination
-etc...
Nothing! Because nothing is working!---> It's an assertion on what's going straight from sitting in row 32 of an Air Canada flight.
Air Canada yes! Not some bogus airline in Congo crewed by drunken Russians on a clapped out An12 in which you seems to believe we are in. If that was the case, I would question their actions as well. Everyone would!

I'm in that same cabin, if anything I would probably obstruct so better sit tight and follow the orders for a proper evacuation at the end.

Disclaimer: I do not approve of all political decisions from our current Canadian administration.
This Air Canada analogy will go way above Montado, I mean CaptPoop, no WellThatAgedWell, no jonmom's head(s)

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:48 pm
Compared to unvaxxed.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

Yes of course, but a 20 year old is already at a reduced risk of hospitalization versus a 70 year old just based on their age alone. And a 40 year old with a healthy body fat percentage is already at a reduced risk versus an obese 40 year old. Furthermore, it has been shown that some lifestyle choices and health issues reduce the amount of neutralizing antibodies post vaccination, likely making the vaccines less effective. So is that 70-90% reduction across the board, for all possible cohorts? Or is that best case scenario?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

That's the problem. There is no baseline. At this point this is just supposition based on juked numbers put out by biased stakeholders.

Let's keep some perspective here, 99.9%+ of generally healthy people will not have adverse events - vaccinated or not. Omicron has a reduced virulence more akin to other coronaviruses that circulate in our world every year ie. a cold.

The consequences of the paths we have taken in this country will affect our society far beyond the end of this pandemic. Economically, socially, developmentally, healthwise, and more.

I'm not saying "do nothing" but what we did was worse than nothing as it didn't make a difference, marginalized millions, divided society, betrayed Canadian values, and still record numbers 2 years later.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:47 am Yes of course, but a 20 year old is already at a reduced risk of hospitalization versus a 70 year old just based on their age alone. And a 40 year old with a healthy body fat percentage is already at a reduced risk versus an obese 40 year old. Furthermore, it has been shown that some lifestyle choices and health issues reduce the amount of neutralizing antibodies post vaccination, likely making the vaccines less effective. So is that 70-90% reduction across the board, for all possible cohorts? Or is that best case scenario?
Im sure that info is available if youre really interested, which i know yore not.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am Let's keep some perspective here, 99.9%+ of generally healthy people will not have adverse events
I care a lot for some unhealthy people. Why are you leaving them out of your consideration?
- vaccinated or not. Omicron has a reduced virulence more akin to other coronaviruses that circulate in our world every year ie. a cold.
Disputed: Not many people die of a cold.

but what we did was worse than nothing
Disputed.
as it didn't make a difference
Disputed.
marginalized millions
Disputed.
divided society
It takes two sides to divide. I don't see you doing a lot of healing of divisions.
betrayed Canadian values
Canadian values are something everyone claims as their own, especially if they can blame someone else for betraying them. I don't see your version of Canadian values as having any special significance, to be honest.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Im sure that info is available if youre really interested, which i know yore not.
OK, well I just figured that, since you've made a big scene in the past and been very rude about demanding proper fact checking, checking sources, only presenting the most recent, updated data, et cetera, you would have pulled your numbers from somewhere that provided the necessary context and might have that handy to share.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Vaticinator wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:56 am
CpnCrunch wrote: Im sure that info is available if youre really interested, which i know yore not.
OK, well I just figured that, since you've made a big scene in the past and been very rude about demanding proper fact checking, checking sources, only presenting the most recent, updated data, et cetera, you would have pulled your numbers from somewhere that provided the necessary context and might have that handy to share.
Nah, I can't be bothered doing all the scientific legwork around here for no pay. Why should I care if you get a vaccine anyway?

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

photofly wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:07 am
altiplano wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:47 am Let's keep some perspective here, 99.9%+ of generally healthy people will not have adverse events
I care a lot for some unhealthy people. Why are you leaving them out of your consideration?
I think we all care about someone who is at risk to covid. The best thing we can do is protect them. Economic outcomes are a great predictor of health. Protecting people from covid doesn't mean at all cost.

We should take science based approaches. Ya know like n95 masks. Vaccines for the most vulnerable, boosters for the most vulnerable.

Saying you want to protect people you know from covid and you think the answer is vaccinate all truckers... Or vaccinate all kids... Mask all kids in school... These are just radical ineffective ideas you manifest. Why not focus on what works?

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:40 am
I think we all care about someone who is at risk to covid. The best thing we can do is protect them. Economic outcomes are a great predictor of health. Protecting people from covid doesn't mean at all cost.

We should take science based approaches. Ya know like n95 masks. Vaccines for the most vulnerable, boosters for the most vulnerable.

Saying you want to protect people you know from covid and you think the answer is vaccinate all truckers... Or vaccinate all kids... Mask all kids in school... These are just radical ineffective ideas you manifest. Why not focus on what works?
I don't think the answer is "vaccinate all truckers" - and to be honest you haven't asked nor have I given you my opinion on that, on vaccinating children, or any other specific measures. But wrapped up in your comment are assumption about what "works", what's "radial", and what's "ineffective". Those are things people disagree on.

Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

CpnCrunch wrote: Why should I care if you get a vaccine anyway?
That was my question all along. Finally, we agree.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

- vaccinated or not. Omicron has a reduced virulence more akin to other coronaviruses that circulate in our world every year ie. a cold.
Disputed: Not many people die of a cold.

but what we did was worse than nothing
Disputed.
as it didn't make a difference
Disputed.
marginalized millions
Disputed.
divided society
It takes two sides to divide. I don't see you doing a lot of healing of divisions.
betrayed Canadian values
Canadian values are something everyone claims as their own, especially if they can blame someone else for betraying them. I don't see your version of Canadian values as having any special significance, to be honest.
"Disputed, disputed" - with what? The fact is you dispute it with nothing because it's true, look beyond your front door.

And absolutely respiratory infections kill people every year, and we know that over half of covid deaths are in fact people that died with covid, not from it, the studies and reports are out there.

A good starting point for Canadian values is in the Charter, and they've been trampled by the provinces and feds.

Easy to say two sides when you're the midwit taking satisfaction and cheering for more boots to get layed into those already beaten down.

This country is out of step with reality and people like you are the problem.

Return to “Covid”