Truckers convoy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Truckers convoy

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:41 pm
photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:39 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:37 pm It would be a lot easier to take the Ukrainian outrage more seriously if people had shown some compassion in Libya, Iraq, Syria, or Yemen
Every single one of them a great democratic state, to be sure.
Obviously you couldn’t care less about the human suffering, only their perceived (your wrong on Ukraine) form of government.

Nice.
So... long on Russia?
---------- ADS -----------

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

tsgarp wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:25 pm and Napoleon (who was really just a French Hitler)
You have a very strange interpretation of history.

I think this guy would explain it better than me why.
https://www.cairn.info/revue-napoleonic ... age-84.htm
The two men’s origins, both social and - I would argue - sociological, are fundamentally different. Their education and upbringing were not the same. The circumstances surrounding their development differ fundamentally. Their political agendas share nothing in common. Napoleon created the French Empire and conquered a large part of Europe before being defeated. Hitler founded the Third Reich, also came to dominate the continent and, like Napoleon, saw his career end in catastrophe. But Napoleon did not destroy France. Nor did he destroy Europe. His legacy was subsequently celebrated, embraced and expanded on. His life’s work continued after his exile and death: administration, education, legal codes and institutions left by him still abide in form. No moral stain could ever make him as abject, scorned or diabolical a figure as Hitler. We can dispute his achievements, debate his motivations, even challenge the “White Legend” version of his life, but Europeans today do not feel the same violent contempt for him as they do for the memory of Hitler.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:43 pm
photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:39 pm
Every single one of them a great democratic state, to be sure.
Obviously you couldn’t care less about the human suffering, only their perceived (your wrong on Ukraine) form of government.

Nice.
So... long on Russia?
I’ll answer, if you first clarify why you see African lives (or other areas) in states you don’t think much of, are worth so much less than “Europeans”.

Your move.

BTW, You forgot include in quoting me the countries……here you are…Libya, Iraq, Syria, or Yemen

Haiti…..Somalia….Uganda…….lots more.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:05 pm
photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:43 pm

Nice.
So... long on Russia?
I’ll answer, if you first clarify why you see African lives (or other areas) in states you don’t think much of, are worth so much less than “Europeans”.

Your move.

BTW, You forgot include in quoting me the countries……here you are…Libya, Iraq, Syria, or Yemen

Haiti…..Somalia….Uganda…….lots more.
Did Russia (or anyone) invade those countries with anything like 190,000 troops? I must have missed it.

However - to answer your question, I was born and grew up in Europe, very much under the shadow of a potential Russian nuclear attack. As a child I watched instructional TV broadcasts on how to make your own nuclear shelter in the back garden and read government pamphlets on how to know which siren was the all clear and which was the imminent nuclear attack, and when to know to stockpile food and water. I remember learning how important it was to bag bodily waste, because trying to dispose of it outdoors would expose you to the potential for contamination by nuclear fallout. Now I see the Russians invading a state not so very far from where I was born - closer by a long way than Toronto to Vancouver, and threatening nuclear attack, and I’m reminded of the danger of war again in Europe. I think my outrage is quite ok.

I find your faux-patrician pretend-evenhandedness and cynicism quite appalling, to be honest. But I guess I will deal with my disappointment.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:34 pm

I find your faux-patrician pretend-evenhandedness and cynicism quite appalling, to be honest.
Good. I find your hypocrisy, that a Canadian/ American/ Europeans life worth so much, but an African is worth sh—, equally appalling.

Its so common and always makes me sick.

To be honest.

But I’ve travelled a lot to many places, have friends in many countries, and learned all life is precious.

A million people were brutally slaughtered in Rwanda. Think about that.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:48 pm
photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:34 pm

I find your faux-patrician pretend-evenhandedness and cynicism quite appalling, to be honest.
Good. I find your hypocrisy, that a Canadian/ American/ Europeans life worth so much, but an African is worth sh—, equally appalling.

Its so common and always makes me sick.

To be honest. But I’ve travelled a lot to many places, and learned all life is precious.
And you have no problem using that as an excuse not to care about the present situation. All life may be equally precious to you, but you certainly give the impression it would be more accurate to say all life is equally worthless to you.

CortoMaltese
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CortoMaltese »

pelmet wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:44 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:20 pm

Why does everyone assume that every Russian citizen wants Western Governments pushing east? Do you all think Russian people are sitting around waiting to be "liberated by America"
It is not every Russian citizen, it is just about every other citizen near Russia that wants western governments pushing east to protect them from Russian citizens.
Let's go Pelmet!! :wink:

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:48 pm
A million people were brutally slaughtered in Rwanda. Think about that.
Are they being slaughtered now? And because of that atrocity, nobody should be concerned about Ukraine today? “Small war, not many dead”? Is that it? I don’t understand you.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:51 pm

[it would be more accurate to say all life is equally worthless to you.
Again putting words in everyones mouths here.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:06 am [nobody should be concerned about Ukraine today? “Small war, not many dead”?
Again putting words in every other posters mouth.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:06 am
photofly wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:06 am [nobody should be concerned about Ukraine today? “Small war, not many dead”?
You’re welcome to say what you do think, if you feel misrepresented.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:13 am
rookiepilot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:06 am
You’re welcome to say what you do think, if you feel misrepresented.
Ukraine has become truly horrifying. I am in shock as is everyone I know.

Thats what I think.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11 pm Ukraine has become truly horrifying. I am in shock as is everyone I know.

Thats what I think.
The illegal war and invasion of Ukraine was horrifying from the first minute onward - it hasn't suddenly become horrifying.

The Russians fired cruise and ballistic missiles into Ukraine, often striking residential areas, before rolling armoured and mechanized infantry into the country with little regard for civilian casualties. The latest strikes, targeting civilian infrastructure purposefully (such as the Mariupol maternity hospital) as a signal to the Ukrainian people that their lack of a warm welcome for their so-called "liberators" is nothing short of a war crime but also speaks to the lengths and depravity of the Putin regime where there are no limits to the barbarity that will be perpetrated against the "enemy". This is the "new" Russian playbook, as refined predominantly in Syria, but also in Central Africa where mercenary organizations like the Wagner Group (amongst others from Russia) have honed their craft.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

7ECA wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:40 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:11 pm Ukraine has become truly horrifying. I am in shock as is everyone I know.

Thats what I think.
The illegal war and invasion of Ukraine was horrifying from the first minute onward - it hasn't suddenly become horrifying.

The Russians fired cruise and ballistic missiles into Ukraine, often striking residential areas, before rolling armoured and mechanized infantry into the country with little regard for civilian casualties. The latest strikes, targeting civilian infrastructure purposefully (such as the Mariupol maternity hospital) as a signal to the Ukrainian people that their lack of a warm welcome for their so-called "liberators" is nothing short of a war crime but also speaks to the lengths and depravity of the Putin regime where there are no limits to the barbarity that will be perpetrated against the "enemy". This is the "new" Russian playbook, as refined predominantly in Syria, but also in Central Africa where mercenary organizations like the Wagner Group (amongst others from Russia) have honed their craft.
So we were told. We were told many things by the media. Forgive me if I was a bit slow to believe the carefully washed reporting allowed to reach my ears.

The media would be a lot more credible today on such things if they didn't knowingly lie to us about WMD when the US invaded Iraq.

Knowingly. Don't even think of saying they were fooled too. I say prove it!

What are we being sold today? A pretext to invade and ultimately control Russia's resources? Oh yeah, it's never anything to do with oil.....

Are you that Naive to believe that the Russians are the only ones using disinformation?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:45 pm So we were told. We were told many things by the media. Forgive me if I was a bit slow to believe the carefully washed reporting allowed to reach my ears.

The media would be a lot more credible today on such things if they didn't knowingly lie to us about WMD when the US invaded Iraq.

What are we being sold today? A pretext to invade and ultimately control Russia's resources? Oh yeah, it's never anything to do with oil.....

Are you that Naive to believe that the Russians are the only ones using disinformation?
What in the fucking hell are you rambling on about?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:45 pm

Asked and answered

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Thats what I think.

So we were told. We were told many things by the media. Forgive me if I was a bit slow to believe the carefully washed reporting allowed to reach my ears.

I’m not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that this war is something that was desired by the west with the long term goal being an invasion of Russia to gain control of its resources?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:50 pm

I’m not sure I understand. Are you suggesting that this war is something that was desired by the west with the long term goal being an invasion of Russia to gain control of its resources?
Are you saying that hasn’t been part of the playbook of the West in numerous cases?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

There’s been a lot of shady dealings in Ukraine over the past 10 years. The Biden’s being one of them. I’m not saying I agree at all with Putin but there’s a lot of shit going on that we aren’t being told.

Watch “Ukraine on Fire”. It’s an Oliver Stone documentary from 2016. Gives a good history of Ukraine over the past 100 years.

Let’s Go Brandon
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:01 pm
pelmet wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:50 pm

Are you saying that hasn’t been part of the playbook of the West in numerous cases?
No answer. What a surprise.

Hypocrisy everyone and everywhere.

People are such cowards on this site when confronted with ugly facts.

Return to “Covid”