Truckers convoy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Truckers convoy

Post by rigpiggy »

Anybody get any pictures of it full length? Those in the yyz-yow corridor tomorrow should get some pics.
---------- ADS -----------

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Truckers convoy

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Are you talking about “The small fringe minority of people who are on their way to Ottawa are who are holding unacceptable views that they're expressing do not represent the views of Canadians who have been there for each other who know that following the science and stepping up to protect each other is the best way to continue to ensure our freedoms, our rights, our values as a country,”

Guys, I can assure you we don’t need Mr. Trudeau to define what is and is not acceptable points of view. This is “black face Trudeau” telling us what is acceptable… seriously?

Follow the science! Guys like Trudeau ruin science with statements like this and every scientist likely cringe’s as they hear this.

The best way to continue our freedoms is to never give them up to begin with.

Let’s go truckers!

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

I got a video of it while flying yesterday. We were flying 100 mph against the convoy and they were coming at us at 50 mph. The video is 7 min long. Do the math. Lots of vehicles.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Bede wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:07 am I got a video of it while flying yesterday. We were flying 100 mph against the convoy and they were coming at us at 50 mph. The video is 7 min long. Do the math. Lots of vehicles.
871 trucks.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

150 mph= 2.5 miles min x 7 or 17.5 miles x 5280x1.15 106000'/100' for spacing 1060 trucks more or less

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Regardless please post the video and leave a link

iflygirl_92
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by iflygirl_92 »

I think they are MORONS.
What a waste of fuel, time and money.
The lengths people go to NOT to do the right thing is incredible.
Yeah sure I'm tired of the pandemic too, but I'm not a moron.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I saw the SW Ontario version of the convoy yesterday. Hard to tell how many because there wasn’t an official start or end vehicle but there sure as heck were a lot of people out cheering them on. Hundreds on each overpass. Was nice to see.

Let’s Go Brandon
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rigpiggy wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:56 am 150 mph= 2.5 miles min x 7 or 17.5 miles x 5280x1.15 106000'/100' for spacing 1060 trucks more or less
He said 100 mph so I used statute miles instead of nautical miles and assumed an average length of 53 feet per truck with a one truck length gap to get 871 trucks. Either way it’s quite a lot of trucks.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

The Ontario Provincial Police counted 113 trucks that were larger than pickup trucks going through Thunder Bay.

This movement is not as large as its proponents would like you to believe.

I sure hope the truckers appreciate the Timbiebs they get from the Maverick Party for their campaign fundraising efforts.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 am I saw the SW Ontario version of the convoy yesterday. Hard to tell how many because there wasn’t an official start or end vehicle but there sure as heck were a lot of people out cheering them on. Hundreds on each overpass. Was nice to see.
I find is suspicious that the media is making such an effort to downplay the amount of support for the truckers, and some even go so far as to label them radicals or whatever buzzword fits the narrative this week. That alone should be cause for concern.

Impact
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Impact »

I have to admit, what's impressive is the Gofundme. About to break $7M.

If that's not an indicator of sentiment, I'm not sure what is.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

More related to Covid than aviation, so moved to the C forum.

Two posters given a 1 week holiday.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:46 am
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 am I saw the SW Ontario version of the convoy yesterday. Hard to tell how many because there wasn’t an official start or end vehicle but there sure as heck were a lot of people out cheering them on. Hundreds on each overpass. Was nice to see.
I find is suspicious that the media is making such an effort to downplay the amount of support for the truckers, and some even go so far as to label them radicals or whatever buzzword fits the narrative this week. That alone should be cause for concern.
Russell Brand has a fair perspective on this that I think everyone could benefit from.

https://youtu.be/itbSIqY4Nnw

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Protest theatre in response to covid theatre.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Agreed. And when they are done in the capital they should then proceed to Toronto and blockade that bastion of Liberalism for a while. Reality is a slap in the face for people in the PMO's office, O Toole and company and Singh.

Impact
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Impact »

Just another canuck wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:54 am There are a lot of numbers out there, which I think are quite inflated. However, lots of reports of more trucks, both large and small, joining the effort from all directions. Whatever the final number is, it will be more than enough to make an impact on the city of Ottawa. Our own media is now being forced to at least somewhat cover the convoy and there are plenty of independents doing a great job. There is support all over the world and shout outs from Don Jr., Elon Musk, Tucker Carlson and many more. You may not like these people, but they have a lot of influence and their message reaches a lot of people.

I stood on the side of the highway for 2 1/2 hours with my wife and kids and can honestly say it was very emotional to watch. Polling suggests almost 80% of Canadians support this effort in one way or another, hence the very well supported GoFundMe. I suspect nothing will come of this and our poor excuse for a leader will hide until it dissolves, then come out to call the “fringe minority” racist and bigoted again.

I would like nothing more than all restrictions and mandates to be lifted. It will come in time. If nothing else, this effort will show our government what most Canadians want. They won’t admit any faults or change anything in response to it, which may turn into a positive in the end as the Liberal government and Trudeau will lose elections for the foreseeable future. Hopefully O’Toole will step down and Poilievre will win the leadership election for the CPC. Him or Lewis who I voted for last time. Would be interesting to have Lewis in just to watch the Liberals lose 90% of their playbook. Of course, I wouldn’t put it past them to call her racist and misogynistic too. They’re just that despicable.
Like it or not, there is a palpable momentum shift. Omicron is essentially comparable to a cold. People know this, not only from the data, but intuitively (after they filter out the media/political hype).

Remember, Covid has become a bureaucratic industry. Very very few bureaucrats want Covid to die out, as that would threaten their livelihoods/silos. Tens of thousands of public service jobs would be lost, which would be fine with me.

I see a shift in attitudes at work as well. Even the most ardent pro-mandatory vaxxers are starting to bend from their positions. They've had their time in the sun. Time to step aside, and embrace normalcy.

Just another canuck
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Just another canuck »

Last edited by Just another canuck on Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the things you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
Vaticinator
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Vaticinator »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/health ... -1.6331223

Looks like our government is either entirely missing the point, or intentionally framing this protest as being about something that it is not. (Maybe they've been reading the AvCanada Covidian playbook.)
Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos defended his government's vaccination push Friday as a convoy of protesters opposed to vaccine mandates prepares to descend on Ottawa this weekend.

"The enemy is not vaccination. The enemy is COVID-19 and the best tool to fight this enemy is to be vaccinated," he said during a public health briefing Friday morning.

"We understand now there is frustration around COVID-19, but we also know that the only way to exit COVID-19 is to get vaccinated."
He conflates the protest against mandates with a protest against vaccines (again, plenty of that on display here). Then he goes on to spew some anti-science implying that we can end covid and that the vaccines are the only way to do so, both of which are assertions that basically every doctor and scientist I've heard recently would disagree with.

Return to “Covid”