Truckers convoy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Truckers convoy

Post by rookiepilot »

photofly wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:32 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:18 am I reposted it. I didn't write it or look anything about it. Nor is it my obligation to do so.

Reposts or retweets aren't endorsements of the people quoted, their beliefs, or anything else, as everyone knows.

Learn the rules better.

Got a problem? Take it up with the Mods.
We are grateful to you for posting that excerpt. We are also grateful to whoever put some context behind the people quoted, in that excerpt. No need to snark.

I do note that your scepticism about why and how the lying media is lying to, spinning, or misleading us is equally applicable to media stories of all tenors.
Did I ever say it wasn't? I post from all sources. Not one only.

But it appears criticism of JT from ANY source is trolled, the fan club is so strong. That's what's consistent.

Didn't want criticism? Don't accept the job of PM!
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:23 pm
Did I ever say it wasn't? •
Did I ever say that you said it was!!?

You have this infinite capacity to assume as though every comment anyone else makes in response to something you said has to be a personal dig at you, and contradicted.

Relax. Sometime people have things to say that isn’t actually arguing with you.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

7ECA wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:40 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:31 pm I am not defending Russia at all! Its horrid. Tragic.

Why are you defending the western media as truthful, unbiased, factual, balanced, in anything?

Did they not lie about WMD in Iraq?
Explain to me what your zealous hatred of the "western media" has to do with Russia invading Ukraine.

And then, while you're at it, show where I've "defended the western media".
Well, I haven't seen the media this pro-war since Gulf War One. After the dust had settled it turned out that a large part of what the media had told us about Saddam and the situation surrounding the war was just pure propaganda. What is on the media now resembles, in tone and volume, exactly what it looked like in '90. Someone is trying very hard to get us a society to react on emotion without giving a critical look to the whole picture; in short, we are being manipulated. I'm very worried when someone wants to manipulate us into direct conflict with a peer level nuclear power.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 pm Well, I haven't seen the media this pro-war since Gulf War One. After the dust had settled it turned out that a large part of what the media had told us about Saddam and the situation surrounding the war was just pure propaganda. What is on the media now resembles, in tone and volume, exactly what it looked like in '90. Someone is trying very hard to get us a society to react on emotion without giving a critical look to the whole picture; in short, we are being manipulated. I'm very worried when someone wants to manipulate us into direct conflict with a peer level nuclear power.
Quoted in full for posterity...

Having said that, I'm only interested in responding to the latter bit of your comment as the first bit is irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Although, if you're arguing that using chemical weapons against the Kurdish minority as well as the invasion of Kuwait weren't "as bad" as what the media portrayed, I do believe there's much bigger issue at play, again...

You're absolutely right, the Ukrainians are hoping for an emotional reaction - and why shouldn't they hope we'll be moved by the seemingly endless suffering at the hands of Russian cruise missiles and artillery shells; in addition to cluster munitions and dumb bombs being dropped indiscriminately on civilians as well as military targets. I mean, how could anyone with any shred of decency not look at the ruined theatre in Mariupol and not grieve for the 300+ innocent people whom died in a senseless attack?

It's a bit like how Rookie likes to rail on about how why is a Ukrainian worth more than a Syrian, or a Ugandan, etc. No one says they are, every life has value and is precious. But, there's a very large Ukrainian diaspora in Canada; which can sway opinion - not to mention there hasn't been a conflict of this magnitude in Europe let alone anywhere else in the world for some time. Yes, arguably the conflict in Syria was long and brutal - but that began as a crackdown on reformers, morphed into a civil war, then into an insurgency and conflict against ISIS... back into a civil war, etc.

But, I want to know what you feel is the "whole picture"? What isn't being reported in the reams of news footage, social media videos, etc., that you feel needs to be said about this invasion, illegal war of annexation, etc.? As for "direct conflict with a peer level nuclear power", seems to me that everyone is doing pretty much all they can to avoid any actual direct confrontation with Russia. Maybe that's the problem, actually, rather than sanctioning individuals/businesses, confiscating a few yachts or properties, freezing bank accounts, maybe we should actually be thinking about what comes next - because it's pretty unlikely that Putin will stop in the Donbas or Luhansk as he certainly didn't stop in Crimea... so why should we be so hesitant to beat our ploughshares into swords when our enemy flaunts international norms at every turn?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:28 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:31 pm I am not defending Russia at all! Its horrid. Tragic.

Why are you defending the western media as truthful, unbiased, factual, balanced, in anything?

Did they not lie about WMD in Iraq?
Explain to me what your zealous hatred of the "western media" has to do with Russia invading Ukraine.

Well, I haven't seen the media this pro-war since Gulf War One. After the dust had settled it turned out that a large part of what the media had told us about Saddam and the situation surrounding the war was just pure propaganda. What is on the media now resembles, in tone and volume, exactly what it looked like in '90. Someone is trying very hard to get us a society to react on emotion without giving a critical look to the whole picture; in short, we are being manipulated. I'm very worried when someone wants to manipulate us into direct conflict with a peer level nuclear power.
And its not about lives at all. Neither the media nor the West could give a crap about human lives. That should be obvious.

This is about control, and no more than ensuring continued dominance of the US dollar petrodollar system.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I predict soon they will drop Vaccination requirements for international traveller’s .

Except for truck drivers of course.

Petty and mean spirited, our leader.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:26 am

This is about control, and no more than ensuring continued dominance of the US dollar petrodollar system.
When I look at the world in general, I try to be realistic. Sometimes you look at the small picture and sometimes you look at the big picture. Looking at the big picture, there will always be the little guys on the block and the big guys. That is just the way it is. When it comes to the big guys, one should ask themselves under whose influence they want to be. One can look at the contenders over the last 100 years in our world to be the biggest on the block. The contenders have been Germany as it was, Japan as it was, the U.S., Russia, and China.

Take your pick. As much as one can attack the US for its policies over the years, I still think it beats all the rest and to be honest, all the rest combined. That is one of the main reasons why probably 90% of the world's immigrants who have chosen one of the above countries at the time they were a contender has chosen the U.S.

One can state that things may not have been so great for certain countries that have had wars where the US was involved directly or indirectly but in virtually all of those situations, it was a situation where they were going to fight each other no matter what.

I am quite happy with the US as the dominant power. As one of the countries next door to a big guy on the block, it seems to be a better option than some other countries have experienced recently.

American petrodollars for me.

And going deeper, when it comes down to it....it is a vote for me. Who is me? the descendants of those who left the British Isles(and those who stayed behind) and together have created(along with those wanting to join us) a hell of a lot better option than what any other powerful group has put forward.

Last edited by pelmet on Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:37 am

When I look at the world in general, I try to be realistic. Sometimes you look at the small picture and sometimes you look at the big picture. There will always be the little guys on the block and the big guys. That is just the way it is. When it comes to the big guys, one should ask themselves under whose influence they want to be under. One can look at the contestants over the last 100 years in our world. The contenders have been Germany as it was, Japan as it was, the U.S., the Russian, and the Chinese.

Take your pick. As much as one can attack the US for its policies over the years, I still think it beats all the rest and to be honest, all the rest combined. That is one of the main reasons why probably 90% of the world's immigrants who have chosen one of the above countries at the time they were a contender has chosen the U.S.

One can state that things may not have been so great for certain countries that have had wars where the US was involved directly or indirectly but in virtually all of those situations, it was a situation where they were going to fight each other no matter what.

I am quite happy with the US as the dominant power. As one of the countries next door to a big guy on the block, it seems to be a better option than some other countries have experienced recently.

No one is disputing what you say.

But lets call it what it is. Not frame it in the manipulative BS the media is selling now.

The Media is absolutely frothy to see boots on the ground.

But not theirs. Not their sons and daughters. No “elites” — are over there defending Ukraine.

I don’t respect the media! I don’t have to. They have ZERO character, ZERO moral compass — most of them.

When the media systematically lies as agents of the government, and this becomes acceptable behaviour, don’t be surprised when massive social unrest appears one day that make the truckers protest look like a garden party.

Sleepwalking into this future.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:45 am I don’t respect the media! I don’t have to. They have ZERO character, ZERO moral compass — most of them.
Unless they’re attacking Trudeau. Then you’re all over it.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:54 am
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:45 am I don’t respect the media! I don’t have to. They have ZERO character, ZERO moral compass — most of them.
He is the PM!! He is the leader! What do YOU expect? Constant praises? NO ONE made this drama teacher accept the role. Scrutiny comes with the territory! You disagree? It’s MY country. I have a right to disagree on how it’s being run!

That should be their job. And the opposition's Job. Hold the feet of the leader to the fire — isn’t that the term?

Most of the media spends most of their energy attacking the right wing opposition who have ZERO power now, and haven’t for many years.

What good is that? Talk about bias and hypocrisy!!

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:14 am
He is the PM!! He is the leader! What do YOU expect? Constant praises? NO ONE made this drama teacher accept the role. Scrutiny comes with the territory! You disagree? It’s MY country. I have a right to disagree on how it’s being run!

That should be their job. And the opposition's Job. Hold the feet of the leader to the fire — isn’t that the term?

Most of the media spends most of their energy attacking the right wing opposition who have ZERO power now, and haven’t for many years.

My post was nothing about whether a PM should be criticized. Of course they should. It was about your media inconsistency.

Rookie: the media LIES!!!!
Media: TRUDEAU SUCKS
Rookie: MEDIA TELLS TRUTH!!!

I swear your posts get more Trumpian every day.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:49 am

My post was nothing about whether a PM should be criticized. Of course they should. It was about your media inconsistency.

I ripped Trump loudly and constantly on this site. Total fool.

Next.

Who’s an adult?

Thatcher. Harper. Bush Sr. Obama.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

pelmet wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:37 am

When I look at the world in general, I try to be realistic. Sometimes you look at the small picture and sometimes you look at the big picture. There will always be the little guys on the block and the big guys. That is just the way it is. When it comes to the big guys, one should ask themselves under whose influence they want to be under. One can look at the contestants over the last 100 years in our world. The contenders have been Germany as it was, Japan as it was, the U.S., the Russian, and the Chinese.

You're both right.

7ECA on the other hand is....7ECA.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ium=social

Now we know the true agenda —- regime change to pro American, and control of resources, as I said.

Even without Russia invading Ukraine, we’d end up in the same place eventually. Would have been first Ukraine, then Russia.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm
Aviatard wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:49 am

I ripped Trump loudly and constantly on this site. Total fool.

Next.

Who’s an adult?

Thatcher. Harper. Bush Sr. Obama.
Here’s the thing.

Those here who obviously admire Trudeau by their comments — also admire China’s dictatorship and persecution of its minorities.

Because Trudeau — very publicly — does.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:18 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ium=social

Now we know the true agenda —- regime change to pro American, and control of resources, as I said.

Even without Russia invading Ukraine, we’d end up in the same place eventually. Would have been first Ukraine, then Russia.
Based on the events of the last month, it seems like quite a reasonable desire. It has been a desire of mine for a long time along with further breakup of the nation.

Why? Because I fully expected that the events of the last month would occur continuing a long tradition. Look up what happened in Poland and Finland for anyone not familiar.

There are a bunch of free countries in that area that would be quite happy with my outlook. Wonder why? Because it is only the US that prevents them from being like the Ukraine.

And if you lived there, you would feel the same way too.

There are a lot of bad people out there that would leave us looking like Ukraine if they could. Maybe people will realize that the ‘peace through strength’ and ‘freedom is not free’ idea is a lot more important than they might imagine.

Don’t expect the NDP types to understand though. We went through the Cold War with them opposed to NATO and now he is more worried about teeth than spending money on defence.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:58 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 1:18 pm https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ium=social

Based on the events of the last month, it seems like quite a reasonable desire. It has been a desire of mine for a long time along with further breakup of the nation.

Why? Because I fully expected that the events of the last month would occur continuing a long tradition. Look up what happened in Poland and Finland for anyone not familiar.

There are a bunch of free countries in that area that would be quite happy with my outlook. Wonder why? Because it is only the US that prevents them from being like the Ukraine.

There are a lot of bad people out there that would leave us looking like Ukraine if they could. Maybe people will realize that the ‘peace through strength’ and ‘freedom is not free’ idea is a lot more important than they might imagine.

Don’t expect the NDP types to understand though. We went through the Cold War with them opposed to NATO and now he is more worried about teeth than spending money on defence.
As long as a country has resources, US will seek regime change for “humanitarian” reasons…..

As long as they have resources.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:19 pm

Those here who obviously admire Trudeau by their comments — also admire China’s dictatorship and persecution of its minorities.

You mean like this:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7726055/chin ... an-rights/

?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:50 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:19 pm

You mean like this:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7726055/chin ... an-rights/

?
No, This. How he really feels came out first.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.2421351

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:35 pm
pelmet wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:58 pm

As long as a country has resources, US will seek regime change for “humanitarian” reasons…..

As long as they have resources.
Does this mean Trudeau and Singh are in danger?

Imagine if I had to sacrifice my life for them.

Return to “Covid”