Truckers convoy

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Truckers convoy

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:19 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:13 pm
Aviatard wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:49 am
My post was nothing about whether a PM should be criticized. Of course they should. It was about your media inconsistency.

Rookie: the media LIES!!!!
Media: TRUDEAU SUCKS
Rookie: MEDIA TELLS TRUTH!!!

I swear your posts get more Trumpian every day.
I ripped Trump loudly and constantly on this site. Total fool.

Next.

Who’s an adult?

Thatcher. Harper. Bush Sr. Obama.
Here’s the thing.

Those here who obviously admire Trudeau by their comments — also admire China’s dictatorship and persecution of its minorities.
Still the master of false equivalences eh? Criticizing you for your media bashing on the one hand, and then supporting the media when it serves your hatred of all things Trudeau does not equate to being a Trudeau supporter. It equates to calling you out on your bullshit.

If your statement about supporting Chinese persecution were true, then one could also say that someone who posts news articles where a member of the Alternative for Germany Party criticized Trudeau also admires AfG policies: anti-semitism, anti-vaccines, anti-Muslim, far right extremism, anti-refugee.

Those are some pretty shitty people to jump in bed with. Maybe you should explain why you’re opposed to helping refugees?
---------- ADS -----------

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Next.

Who’s an adult?

Here’s the thing.

Those here who obviously admire Trudeau by their comments — also admire China’s dictatorship and persecution of its minorities.
I seriously doubt that. Provide one example.

However, by their previous actions and vision for this country. Things like:

A tiny wealthy elite. (Tax cuts for business owners and the wealthy, subsidies and bailouts for big businesses).

A large indentured population (TFWs, regressive taxation, raising OAS age to 67, TFSA and other tax loopholes that most average Canadians can’t take full advantage of).

A paranoid police state (G8 riots, repeatedly running afoul with the Supreme Court for intrusive and illegal policy making that violated the Charter).

Aspiring to actual dictatorship (cult of personality ie: The Harper Government, elimination of campaign funding caps—again overturned by the Supreme Court. Just look at what Kenney is doing now in Alberta with the War Room not being subject to scrutiny and buying fake memberships in the UCP).

Little regard for the environment (runaway resource economies, belief that global warming is a hoax).

And… persecution of minorities (Muslims, First Nations, overt anti-LGBTQ stances).

…. the Conservative Party of Canada embodies the values of the Chinese Communist Party.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

I love when my big Canadian Flag on my truck triggers the Soyboys and Purple haired Karen's. Keep you masks on little sheep. Honk Honk.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Hey look, it’s last years April fools joke!
AAC9B1C3-8A8A-404A-9156-6A4AF2596AC3.jpeg
AAC9B1C3-8A8A-404A-9156-6A4AF2596AC3.jpeg (461.95 KiB) Viewed 3568 times

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:30 pm I’m simply curious who is lying this time around.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 12230/amp/
Look what the data reveals…….

First Squawk
@FirstSquawk
U.S HAS INCREASED OIL IMPORTS FROM RUSSIA AFTER THE SANCTIONS - DATA

1:06pm · 3 Apr 2022 · Twitter Web App
Replies
Retweets
Let’s do a poll:

Which does Biden care more about?

The lives of Ukrainians?

Or lower gas prices to win the midterms?

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

A repeat of my previous comment, who's data backs up this random person's comment on Twitter?

The EIA, shows a downward trend in imports of Russian oil; with another batch of data due to be released come the end of the month...

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... -NRS_1&f=M

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

7ECA wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:02 pm A repeat of my previous comment, who's data backs up this random person's comment on Twitter?

The EIA, shows a downward trend in imports of Russian oil; with another batch of data due to be released come the end of the month...

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafH ... -NRS_1&f=M
Take it up with First Squawk. They have 250'000 followers, so some think their news feed is credible.

BTW, If you follow EIA's news releases over time on anything, as I do, you'd know they are full of shit and constantly reverse themselves. No one trusts EIA data.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:05 am Take it up with First Squawk. They have 250'000 followers, so some think their news feed is credible.

BTW, If you follow EIA's news releases over time on anything, as I do, you'd know they are full of shit and constantly reverse themselves. No one trusts EIA data.
So basically, some anonymous person on Twitter said something with no sources or data to back up their "statement" and it's to be taken as Gospel simply because they have some followers? Interesting take on things.

Let me guess, you subscribe to the view that the mass killings of civilians in Ukraine is simply a "staged provocation", correct?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

7ECA wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:49 am
rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:05 am Take it up with First Squawk. They have 250'000 followers, so some think their news feed is credible.

So basically, some anonymous person on Twitter said something with no sources or data to back up their "statement" and it's to be taken as Gospel simply because they have some followers? Interesting take on things.

Let me guess, you subscribe to the view that the mass killings of civilians in Ukraine is simply a "staged provocation", correct?
I'm not getting the connection to what I linked from a respected news aggregator on Twitter -- thats all they do -- and your ridiculous and offensive statement that should earn you a holiday from the Mods. Hello -- Mod's?

Doubt that will happen, so I'll ignore your pathetic trolling attempt. Go back to your mommy's basement,little worm.Lunch is ready.

Seriously MODS! When are you going to control this kind of bullshit by pathetic losers?

I propose an AvCan policy: To be such a pathetic loser as to put words in others mouths words they didn't say of a disgusting nature -- as just happened here --- it's called gaslighting -- earns one an immediate one week holiday. Maybe a month.

Mods -- how many don't post here anymore because of this specific issue?

There is a big difference between aggressive debating -- and character assassination through overt lying.

How about it folks? What do you want the site to be?

geodoc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by geodoc »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 am
7ECA wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 9:49 am

I'm not getting the connection to what I linked from a respected news aggregator on Twitter -- thats all they do -- and your ridiculous and offensive statement that should earn you a holiday from the Mods. Hello -- Mod's?

Doubt that will happen, so I'll ignore your pathetic trolling attempt. Go back to your mommy's basement,little worm.Lunch is ready.

Seriously MODS! When are you going to control this kind of bullshit by pathetic losers?

I propose an AvCan policy: To be such a pathetic loser as to put words in others mouths words they didn't say of a disgusting nature -- as just happened here --- it's called gaslighting -- earns one an immediate one week holiday. Maybe a month.

There is a big difference between aggressive debating -- and character assassination through overt lying.

About aviation?

How fondly we remember those halcyon days.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 am Mods -- how many don't post here anymore because of this specific issue?

Straw man arguments help no one.

I almost never see anyone here debate in good faith. Everyone is just trying to scream louder than the other guy, and claim moral superiority.

All is does is create more division.

Posting here is not worth my time or energy. Nobody is even trying to listen.

I'll probably regret posting this.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 am Doubt that will happen, so I'll ignore your pathetic trolling attempt. Go back to your mommy's basement,little worm.Lunch is ready.
Sick burn dude! You really got me there. :lol:

It's hardly a stretch, being that you've openly commented in this thread and elsewhere that you believe the war in Ukraine is anything but a "real" war. That this is somehow mere propaganda, simply a Western backed false flag to bring about a war against Russia - to see regime change and the hostile takeover of Russian energy resources.

In reality, it's an illegal war of aggression brought about by a megalomaniac with a receding grip on reality and a disjointed nationalistic historical narrative that sees Russia as a liberator and saviour of the "Greater Slavic Peoples" on a prophetic mission (if not an outright holy crusade) to free the oppressed peoples of Eastern Europe and bring them back into the warm embrace of Mother Russia. But, when those people show even the least bit of resistance to their "liberators" they're slaughtered wholesale in the streets, their apartment buildings are shelled and targeted by cruise missiles, men are dragged from their homes bound and summarily executed in churchyards, women raped, stores looted... I could go on, but there's little point in repeating the gross and wanton displays of depravity to an audience wholly unwilling to open their eyes and see the terror unfolding on the periphery of Europe.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

Well you did write this:
Aviatard wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:49 am
My post was nothing about whether a PM should be criticized. Of course they should. It was about your media inconsistency.

Rookie: the media LIES!!!!
Media: TRUDEAU SUCKS
Rookie: MEDIA TELLS TRUTH!!!

I swear your posts get more Trumpian every day.

Next.

Who’s an adult?

Here’s the thing.

Because Trudeau — very publicly — does.
So it’s fine when you put words in other peoples’ mouths and totally not gaslighting, right? When Are you going to start your one month holiday?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:51 pm

Well you did write this:

Next.

Who’s an adult?

Here’s the thing.

So it’s fine when you put words in other peoples’ mouths and totally not gaslighting, right? When Are you going to start your one month holiday?
If the Mods see that the same? Absolutely!

Who specifically did I single out?

No one.

Who did I lie what they said and misquote them?

No one.

Take it up with those accusing other posters of endorsing Russian genocide. Thats disgusting.

Your silence defends posters like this.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:17 pm
Aviatard wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:51 pm

Well you did write this:

Here’s the thing.

If the Mods see that the same? Absolutely!

Who specifically did I single out?

No one.

Who did I lie what they said and misquote them?

No one.

Take it up with those accusing other posters of endorsing Russian genocide. Thats disgusting.

Your silence defends posters like this.
You quoted me and said I admire persecution of minorities. And now you’ve singled me put again with another ridiculous accusation. You are everything you’re accusing others of being. That’s the textbook example of gaslighting. Aren’t you embarrassed by anything?

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

Arguing with an antivaxer is like trying to convince an Alcoholic that drunk driving is dangerous.
His reply will basically be "Give me a break you Trudeau lover Commy soya eater, I never had an accident!" :lol:

It won't improve your Tinnitus since they tend to be louder.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

I specifically retract this characterization. They aren’t the same thing.

When I’m wrong, I’m wrong.

I apologize to those I've offended.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:30 am

My suggestion to you is to follow through on my advice to upgrade your aircraft instead of angry arguments on this forum, regardless of who may be right

I am quite enjoying our peace agreement. I occasionally look at your Twitter. You mentioned some of the things you do in spare time. No mention of this forum.

It is much more fun spending one’s money on airplanes than spending time on this thread.

I look forward to hearing about your speed mods that cost a lot for a little benefit but got you hanging out at the airport.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

pelmet wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:21 am

My suggestion to you is to follow through on my advice to upgrade your aircraft instead of angry arguments on this forum, regardless of who may be right

I am quite enjoying our peace agreement. I occasionally look at your Twitter. You mentioned some of the things you do in spare time. No mention of this forum.

It is much more fun spending one’s money on airplanes than spending time on this thread.

I look forward to hearing about your speed mods that cost a lot for a little benefit but got you hanging out at the airport.
Wise advice....

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

I apologize to those I've offended.
All right. Takes a big person to do that. We will bury that hatchet. Thanks.

Return to “Covid”