Recent FIRST OFFICER job posting by ORNGE

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Recent FIRST OFFICER job posting by ORNGE

Post by MrAviator19 »

To those that applied or know someone that did - any news/updates on whether interview calls have gone out yet? Job originally posted here on Jan 11.

Cheers!

MrA
---------- ADS -----------

keppy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Recent FIRST OFFICER job posting by ORNGE

Post by keppy »

Nope nothing yet.

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

Yes.

fai_saudagar
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fai_saudagar »

What's your experience? Are they going to Calling 500 hrs as well?

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

fai_saudagar wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:26 am What's your experience? Are they going to Calling 500 hrs as well?
The way it looks, it's highly unlikely since they received a ton of applications from higher time pilots. ORNGE has historically also hired many from the flight instructing world so I'm not sure if this is still their strategy. I say this as a pilot with nearly 1300 hours on the PC-12, all medevac... :roll:
I'm sure there are way more experienced people fighting for this job though.

Anyone have any idea how many openings are there? The ad mentions "all bases".

MrA

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

They're sending out invites for phone interviews that are happening next week.

I agree that its a bit unlikely that anyone in the 500 hour area is going to be called this time around. For reference I'm around 1400 total, mostly instructing time but a little bit of 702 in a twin.

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

Pre screening yesterday and next week, main interview on second week of Feb.

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

Can anyone share any info re their Interview, general HR questions IFR etc, please feel free to PM?

shamrock104
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by shamrock104 »

Anyone hear back yet?

littlewings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by littlewings »

Would they not have to hire basically all 500hr wonders? Why would someone with over 1000hrs even look at this when they are going to sit and rot in the right seat of a pc12 :lol:... with 1400 hrs of right seat in a 172 you could go fly for <inset 705 job here>
RockSalty wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:22 pm They're sending out invites for phone interviews that are happening next week.

I agree that its a bit unlikely that anyone in the 500 hour area is going to be called this time around. For reference I'm around 1400 total, mostly instructing time but a little bit of 702 in a twin.

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

littlewings wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:05 am Would they not have to hire basically all 500hr wonders? Why would someone with over 1000hrs even look at this when they are going to sit and rot in the right seat of a pc12 :lol:... with 1400 hrs of right seat in a 172 you could go fly for <inset 705 job here>
RockSalty wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:22 pm They're sending out invites for phone interviews that are happening next week.

There’s more to life than flying 705. I fly medevac on a king air and don’t plan on leaving it in the near future even though I could easily jump ship for a regional.

As far as employers go I hear that ornge is a great one, I know plenty of guys that are hanging out there and love it.

littlewings
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by littlewings »

I totally agree with you, but Ornge is not the place to be unless you go in with captain qualifications, otherwise you'll get trapped in the right seat without an ATPL (my friends are your friends :goodman: ) and be forced to move on, or drown in debt with the pitiful FO pay..(40K). I heard they are bleeding pilots as the 705's open up, I suspect the only guys to be sticking around would be 5 lifers who can't leave for financial reasons..
RockSalty wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:44 pm
littlewings wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:05 am Would they not have to hire basically all 500hr wonders? Why would someone with over 1000hrs even look at this when they are going to sit and rot in the right seat of a pc12 :lol:... with 1400 hrs of right seat in a 172 you could go fly for <inset 705 job here>

There’s more to life than flying 705. I fly medevac on a king air and don’t plan on leaving it in the near future even though I could easily jump ship for a regional.

As far as employers go I hear that ornge is a great one, I know plenty of guys that are hanging out there and love it.

Appls&ornges
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Appls&ornges »

Just thought I might jump in on the "Ornge is a great employer" post... the Only thing that has been able to retain pilots at Ornge is a pandemic!! If Ornge is such a great employer, why is their FW group about to go on strike?

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Return to “Employment Forum”