Commuting YYC

Discuss topics relating to Encore.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KA2824
Rank 0
Rank 0

Commuting YYC

Post by KA2824 »

Hello,
Anyone commuting from YYZ or YUL to YYC?
How is it? Better to get crash pad?
---------- ADS -----------

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Commuting YYC

Post by JBI »

Better to move to YYC.

Most new positions will be YYZ based (though likely some YYC FO positions will be available). I would strongly discourage anyone from commuting at Encore. The company got rid of the free commuting policy AND the “give yourself two flights and you’re good” policies. With the FO salary, working 18 days a month, having to pay for commutes and hotels and facing potential discipline if you miss check-in, it really doesn’t make sense as there are much better options in YYZ and YUL.

imjustlurking
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by imjustlurking »

JBI wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:02 pm Better to move to YYC.

Most new positions will be YYZ based (though likely some YYC FO positions will be available). I would strongly discourage anyone from commuting at Encore. The company got rid of the free commuting policy AND the “give yourself two flights and you’re good” policies. With the FO salary, working 18 days a month, having to pay for commutes and hotels and facing potential discipline if you miss check-in, it really doesn’t make sense as there are much better options in YYZ and YUL.
If you can hold YYC FO, you can definitely hold YYZ FO.

The wording some use is that YYZ is the junior base, but really nobody can afford to live in Toronto.

KA2824
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KA2824 »

Thanks for your reply, I thought most new positions would be for YYC.

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

KA2824 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:44 pm

Thanks for your reply, I thought most new positions would be for YYC.
No prob! Ya, generally speaking YYZ is the more junior base. For the foreseeable future FO vacancies will be both YYZ and YYC. Captain positions go slightly lower seniority in YYZ but for the most part will be available in both bases.

Return to “WestJet Encore”