Flat pay and unions...

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ReturnoftheMike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Flat pay and unions...

Post by ReturnoftheMike »

alkaseltzer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:34 am How much proportional representation is there for pilots on flat pay?

If almost 50% of the pilots are on flat pay….
Shhhh you simpleton

Dirty Mike & the boyz got you covered

My boyz are earning their cottage displacements, you don't worry. Move along now before I have to alert the Corp of any ruckus

Mike
---------- ADS -----------

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

ReturnoftheMike wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:22 am [quote=alkaseltzer post_id=<a href="tel:1199083">1199083</a> time=<a href="tel:1655476460">1655476460</a> user_id=58347]
How much proportional representation is there for pilots on flat pay?

If almost 50% of the pilots are on flat pay….
Shhhh you simpleton

Dirty Mike & the boyz got you covered

My boyz are earning their cottage displacements, you don't worry. Move along now before I have to alert the Corp of any ruckus

Mike
[/quote]

I get your drift. Maybe we should put Tony Ledsham and some tigers in a cage and release them at your cottage home?

Lolz

ReturnoftheMike
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ReturnoftheMike »

Your comedic pursuits are noted but ultimately fruitless.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

How right TL was in all of this.

Driven over the edge perhaps, but he was screaming out loud at what was going on at the highest levels - collusion in the gutting of our pay and contract while these guys paid themselves - and AC pilots just turned their heads.

I hope everyone that thought his outbursts were distasteful without looking deeper, you that supported his censure remember that and what has since gone on. It's on you.

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

Make sure you fill out the current company employee survey and let them know how flat pay has affected you.

NEJO79
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NEJO79 »

What is AC’s policy on LOAs? Is It possible to go on an LOA a year or so after being hired to work a more lucrative contract in Asia (when they start hiring again) while holding a seniority number then return a few years later when you can hold a decent line or upgrade to Captain? I assume years of service would be frozen but at least you would be more senior and have more options for a schedule or upgrades?

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

NEJO79 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:35 am What is AC’s policy on LOAs? Is It possible to go on an LOA a year or so after being hired to work a more lucrative contract in Asia (when they start hiring again) while holding a seniority number then return a few years later when you can hold a decent line or upgrade to Captain? I assume years of service would be frozen but at least you would be more senior and have more options for a schedule or upgrades?
With Barb gone, and with the way things are going right now, I reckon you'd have almost no chance at an LOA unfortunately.

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

NEJO79 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:35 am What is AC’s policy on LOAs? Is It possible to go on an LOA a year or so after being hired to work a more lucrative contract in Asia (when they start hiring again) while holding a seniority number then return a few years later when you can hold a decent line or upgrade to Captain? I assume years of service would be frozen but at least you would be more senior and have more options for a schedule or upgrades?
There is no chance of that

200Above
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 200Above »

Roughly 38 pilots were approved LOA's since bid 22-01. Pilots who had a bond or employment contract were approved LOA's. I hear if you didn't have one of these documents, you had to come back or resign (26 pilots resigned since the last bid, FYI)

My LOA was approved and I'll have to come back Aug 2023. I haven't flown in two years.

Return to “Air Canada”