How to get back to Aviation ??

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

cpl2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

How to get back to Aviation ??

Post by cpl2020 »

Hi Everyone I've been away from aviation for a while almost 4 years
What options do I have to get back?
I am not current anymore. I've got around 1300hrs.
should I get my PPC or doesn't matter for the company since I will do the training anyway.

Thanks,
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: How to get back to Aviation ??

Post by Bede »

Go get an IPC and start sending out resume's. I don't see you having a difficult time finding work.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Sorry, what's an IPC? And if you are referring to an instrument rating PPC, I thought instrument ratings no longer expired?

Conflicting Traffic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Conflicting Traffic »

hithere wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:18 pm Sorry, what's an IPC? And if you are referring to an instrument rating PPC, I thought instrument ratings no longer expired?
IPC = Instrument Proficiency Check is for instrument rating recency requirements. It's true that instrument ratings no longer "expire", but that's just a semantics game in the sense that they don't have formal expiry dates attached to them. You still need to have passed an IPC within the past two years for the rating to be current.

PPCs are for type ratings, and if you do one, it does count toward the recency requirements of the instrument rating (i.e. - you can do a PPC in lieu of an IPC).

See CAR 401.05 for more detail.

----------------------------------------
Conflicting Traffic please advise.
triplebarrel
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by triplebarrel »

cpl2020 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:02 pm Hi Everyone I've been away from aviation for a while almost 4 years
What options do I have to get back?
I am not current anymore. I've got around 1300hrs.
should I get my PPC or doesn't matter for the company since I will do the training anyway.

Thanks,
PPC is usually done by the employer when you get a job. The one you are after is an IPC which is done at a flight school. You have the option to do it in a simulator which will be good enough for getting back to work however if you are already at 1300 hours you might as well do the IPC in an airplane ( and get a group 1 IPC ) if you do your IPC in an airplane it will count towards the ATPL requirements

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Can an IPC be done to regain currency/recency if a persons last IFR ride was more than 24 months ago, or is there another requirement ?

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

No other requirement. They removed the requirement to have to rewrite the INRAT a few years ago. Just an IPC will do now

Return to “Flight Training”