Athletes speak up

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Athletes speak up

Post by TG »

FOD wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:59 am
TG wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:56 am
FOD wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:57 am Not defending anything from either side of the argument. But contrary to your personal experience with COVID, I don’t know anyone who passed due to COVID. On the other hand, myself included, I know many who have had troubling reportable adverse reactions to the vaccine. Despite this I do not speak out against the vaccines, only the mandates. The treatments were effective, may remain effective for those at significant risk, but, long term effects remain to be determined. It would be prudent to continue to be aware of side effects as time goes forward.
Last time I lost a friend from a road accident was in 1988. Nobody since, no hard car crash but plenty of fender benders not hurting anyone. Maybe we should stop all this nonsense road/car safety rules!? Do that sound silly? It does yes.
Covid's mandates are (Soon to be called "were") Safety rules against it. That's probably why you don't know of anyone who passed out of Covid.

Personally I do and before you ask: Last summer, Mid-40's, Mediterranean diet, no known comorbidity unless being Anti-vax count as one (Not kidding)

Uff. Again with the car accident and safety crap.

Have a nice day. Good talk.
No, not really what I would call good talk but hey! I was expecting that kind of really dumb answer :bear:
The other one usually goes as "But you don't inject your seat belt inside your bodyyyyy"

That shows you have zero concept about safety which is impossible. So what's going on there!? Too biased to acknowledge it or too knowledgable so you had it all figured out?
Both I guess...

And JerryRig, Go seek help you delusional weirdo :mrgreen:
Or take a Vodka break from your desk at the troll farm.
---------- ADS -----------

JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Novak Djokovic, who is playing his first tournament of the season in Dubai this week, is the only unvaccinated player in the men's top 100.
Hasn't put much of a dent in the standard of men's tennis, has it?

I don't see a lot of Olympic athletes dropping dead, either. A bunch of world records were broken this year, all by vaccinated athletes:
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/sports/ ... year%20ago.

So again, plenty of evidence that being vaccinated has only very rare lasting effects on elite athletes.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
JerryRig
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by JerryRig »

photofly wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:07 am So again, plenty of evidence that being vaccinated has only very rare lasting effects on elite athletes.
And Anchor people.
https://rumble.com/vvet43-breaking-mult ... -air..html

How many in the cockpit has this happened to that are being covered up?
Why did transport canada change it’s policy to allow experimental drug use in the cockpit?

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

None.
Did you know that a solar eclipse helped end a six-year war in 585 BCE? When the sky suddenly darkened during a battle between the Lydians and the Medes in modern Turkey, soldiers took it as a sign to cease fighting.
Now ya know.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

JerryRig wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:37 am
photofly wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:07 am So again, plenty of evidence that being vaccinated has only very rare lasting effects on elite athletes.
And Anchor people.
What do they have in common? That's right, news. Proof positive that news is bad for your health.
JerryRig wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:37 am How many in the cockpit has this happened to that are being covered up?
Why did transport canada change it’s policy to allow experimental drug use in the cockpit?
Answers:

1. None.
2. They didn't.

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

JerryRig wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:37 am
And Anchor people.
And aliens have invaded Earth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBT68a56s70

Castorero
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Castorero »

Things are a bit slow this time of year in my neck of the woodlot and inevitably I slid into the only unread Topic on this website,
I tried to restrain myself, but to no avail.
I closed the eyes and picked one thread at random, what could go wrong?

Assuming this post even barely represents the meanderings of curious minds in the Covid Monastery, I pray that its contents are carefully copied and archived for posterity.
The contents will surely be of interest to some bright young academic in the Humanities who may have drawn a blank in finding a topic upon which to hitch the hopes for a Masters or PhD.

The vagaries of the human mind in all its florid delusional tenets on one end, and the rational pleadings on the other, with all the variants in between, are all there laid out bare.

A lot of material to support years of patient study.

I have no doubts that some bright mind will pick up the Covid cudgel sooner or later and enlighten us on what Covid added to our ever expanding knowledge of the human mind .

There is little to add other than to say that the original misgivings to stay away from the IMC of Covid Discussion without an IFR rating remain intact. May the Good Lord forgive the unintended Hubris.

Time to go milk the sheep...literally.

Castorero ...over and out

Return to “Covid”