Job Posting

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Job Posting

Post by hsilgnepilot »

link821 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:48 pm HireVue interview questions sent out this morning. 20 questions, Multiple choice/short answer.
What kind of experience do you have? I applied and haven’t received anything yet. Mind you I applied late Thursday night and if they were sent out Friday morning that’s pretty quick given the posting has only been up a few days!
---------- ADS -----------

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:36 am
link821 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:48 pm HireVue interview questions sent out this morning. 20 questions, Multiple choice/short answer.
What kind of experience do you have? I applied and haven’t received anything yet. Mind you I applied late Thursday night and if they were sent out Friday morning that’s pretty quick given the posting has only been up a few days!
1900, ATPL, 704 Multi turbine pic. Was also in the March 30th class.

PostPandemic
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PostPandemic »

"The initial review of applications will begin on the "Apply by Date" indicated" (Apply by Date: May 31, 2022). Which mean they should not* have taken a look yet at applicants ?

Last edited by PostPandemic on Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

link821 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:15 am
hsilgnepilot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:36 am
1900, ATPL, 704 Multi turbine pic. Was also in the March 30th class.
Right on. Best of luck. I did my drug test the day before they announced the layoffs in March 2020, so likely would’ve been an April class. Back then was just 1000 704 FO. Now have 2700, Q400 time and ATPL sign off pending so hoping to hear something soon.

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Deleted.

Last edited by maverick12 on Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

PostPandemic wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:26 pm "The initial review of applications will begin on the "Apply by Date" indicated" (Apply by Date: May 31, 2022). Which mean they should have taken a look yet at applicants ?
Yes.

HireVue questionnaire got sent already to some applicants. It was basically the same questions as when the first phone call was going out before COVID. The only questions were about flight experience, willing to relocate, salary expectations, work and schedule conditions, etc... As I said, I had those exact same questions when I got the first phone call that initiated the hiring process back in 2019.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
tincandriver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tincandriver »

PostPandemic wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:26 pm "The initial review of applications will begin on the "Apply by Date" indicated" (Apply by Date: May 31, 2022). Which mean they should have taken a look yet at applicants ?
I’ve read it somewhere that if the posting Requisition Id says “ONGOING” that means they’ll review applications as needed.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

So I mean this seriously and out of curiosity. Why does Jazz make applicants go through multiple rounds of Interviews, medical, psych, sim etc. where it seems no other regional does any of that?

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

C-GGGQ wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:35 pm So I mean this seriously and out of curiosity. Why does Jazz make applicants go through multiple rounds of Interviews, medical, psych, sim etc. where it seems no other regional does any of that?
'Cos it's a partial entry into Air Canada? Better for the mothership to weed out 'undesirables' before they get too far along in the process? (Geez - I hope that I pass the psych eval now! :smt040 )

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

Best of luck for those who interviews this week and next week.

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
kiwi_paradise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kiwi_paradise »

Anyone who didn't have a GS schedulded before COVID got news yet ?

superbilly24
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by superbilly24 »

Had completed interview and sim eval in 2020, but not the medical. Re-applied last month the day the posting came out, still haven't heard anything. Wondering if they are going through the applications in the order they came in since I know a few people that received emails in the past weeks, and they applied before me the day the posting came out, and they were not in the process in 2020.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

I know of a few pilots who didn’t have offers prior to Covid that were recently sent the hirevue questionnaire link. All of them either have their ATPL or are over 1500hrs.

kiwi_paradise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kiwi_paradise »

I guess everyone is very impatient to take it to the next step. I both have an ATPL and over 1500 hrs, but I didn't receive anything yet.
I was in the pool preCovid, and flew through the pandemic non stop.
Well it'll happen someday and while we're getting there, fly safe everyone!

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

Anyone get called for an interview yet? Or just the first hirevue more so “questionnaire” so far?

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:57 am Anyone get called for an interview yet? Or just the first hirevue more so “questionnaire” so far?
Interviews are happening as we speak for those who had their ground school cancelled in march and april 2020.

I can only assume they will start interviews once they are done with those 40 people.

jazzsucks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jazzsucks »

Are they accepting college candidates or just External hires with high time?

Last edited by jazzsucks on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bring me the horizon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bring me the horizon »

I did my hirevue interview about 3 weeks ago and answered truthfully. I received a call the next day questioning one of my answers in regards to pay, to which I replied honestly. I decided not to continue with the application process and withdrew my application. I was one of the people in the March 30, 2020 ground school.

Regionals and flowing into AC seemed like the thing to do a couple years ago but the world as well as mine, have changed. I can't afford to feed by family with poverty wages.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

bring me the horizon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:30 pm I did my hirevue interview about 3 weeks ago and answered truthfully. I received a call the next day questioning one of my answers in regards to pay, to which I replied honestly. I decided not to continue with the application process and withdrew my application. I was one of the people in the March 30, 2020 ground school.

Regionals and flowing into AC seemed like the thing to do a couple years ago but the world as well as mine, have changed. I can't afford to feed by family with poverty wages.
Good on you. I wish more pilots in Canada had that attitude - maybe we would have better wages and work conditions.

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:19 am
bring me the horizon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:30 pm I did my hirevue interview about 3 weeks ago and answered truthfully. I received a call the next day questioning one of my answers in regards to pay, to which I replied honestly. I decided not to continue with the application process and withdrew my application. I was one of the people in the March 30, 2020 ground school.

Good on you. I wish more pilots in Canada had that attitude - maybe we would have better wages and work conditions.
Sadly, many will come to Jazz, knowing full well the what the starting salary is, and in case they try and play dumb, they're also told the salary during the interview, yet still come here. Most will come and deal with these salaries with the caveat of possibly going to mainline sooner than later. Now that the pandemic has shown them how vulnerable our industry is, that's when they started, once again, voicing their disgust at the stating pay. Funny how, now that mainline has indicated that they expect hiring to begin again, the talk of Jazz's poor started pay has gone silent.

The same pilots here complaining about the shitty starting pay are also now referring their friends for positions at Jazz.And yet they wonder why changing the starting pay at Jazz is not on the unions radar. They know EXACTLY why most will come to jazz.

Until there are ZERO applicants, don't expect anything to even be considered. But we know that won't happen. Cudos to the OP.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”