Job Posting

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Job Posting

Post by thepoors »

Outlaw58 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:02 pm
thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:36 pm ...Honestly don't see how it makes sense on their end either.
A good first step toward understanding would be to read what other posters have already stated, only 1 hour ago (ie rudder).

The applicants that Jazz was prepared to hire in 2020 have all evolved differently over the course of the last 23 months. Some have not flown 1 minute since then, some have flown a lot and have acquired new qualifications. Some are still very interested to work at Jazz and some have moved on to new pastures. Jazz needs to know that.

You also have to factor in the level of available experience that is available today compared to what was available back in 2020. That also plays a factor in who Jazz will find a is desirable candidate. Just because you once were, doesn't mean you still are....at the risk of repeating myself, a lot has happened over the last 23 months.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.

Not harsh at all. I understand your points and obviously updating your application and doing an/some additional interviews is perfectly reasonable.

What I don't like is ol'Arnie acting like going through the entire Jazz hiring process for a second time in 2 years wouldn't be annoying. For example if you've already done the sim and psych eval, and passed, why would you need to repeat that? That's the part I don't get. I'm not sure if anyone can give a reliable answer at this point as to whether that will be required. But it seems to me that would be a waste of time for both the candidate and hiring department. That's all I was trying to get clarification on. Others have mentioned some sort of "priority" in the pool but no explanation on what that would look like.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:06 pm Others have mentioned some sort of "priority" in the pool but no explanation on what that would look like.
I have absolutely nothing to do with hiring but I do know this - circa 2022/2023 a 2500 hour ATPL candidate has more value to Jazz than a 250 hour bare commercial.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to estimate that this may be a factor on who gets offered a spot in the first few courses of 2022/2023.

yhz41
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by yhz41 »

thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:06 pm
thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:36 pm ...Honestly don't see how it makes sense on their end either.
A good first step toward understanding would be to read what other posters have already stated, only 1 hour ago (ie rudder).

The applicants that Jazz was prepared to hire in 2020 have all evolved differently over the course of the last 23 months. Some have not flown 1 minute since then, some have flown a lot and have acquired new qualifications. Some are still very interested to work at Jazz and some have moved on to new pastures. Jazz needs to know that.

You also have to factor in the level of available experience that is available today compared to what was available back in 2020. That also plays a factor in who Jazz will find a is desirable candidate. Just because you once were, doesn't mean you still are....at the risk of repeating myself, a lot has happened over the last 23 months.

Not harsh at all. I understand your points and obviously updating your application and doing an/some additional interviews is perfectly reasonable.

What I don't like is ol'Arnie acting like going through the entire Jazz hiring process for a second time in 2 years wouldn't be annoying. For example if you've already done the sim and psych eval, and passed, why would you need to repeat that? That's the part I don't get. I'm not sure if anyone can give a reliable answer at this point as to whether that will be required. But it seems to me that would be a waste of time for both the candidate and hiring department. That's all I was trying to get clarification on. Others have mentioned some sort of "priority" in the pool but no explanation on what that would look like.
Based on what the industry just went through in the past 2 years....they definitely should be doing psych evals again. You can check your entitlement at the door dude. Jazz doesn't owe you a thing.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:06 pm

I understand, and please do not give any attention to the "attitudes" out there.

Plain and simple it may seem like extra work at first glance to redo some of the testing but the reality is that with all the time that has passed, it is actually less work to apply the recruitment template process to everyone. That said, Jazz knows who the candidates who were given groudschool are and everything else being equal, they will be given priority when GS are assigned.

But IMHO, we are getting away from the wonderful news that Jazz is hiring again!!! It's a FIRST step, not the ONLY step towards mass hiring and the entire industry will need lots of pilots very soon. It is a fact that the vast majority of folks reading this post will NOT be part of the next new hire class. Some will though AND there will be many more after that, and that's what should be taken away.

Remember that the folks you trash on these boards today, may sit beside you in a cockpit tomorrow.

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

FYI

Hiring Minimums will be 750 hours total including 100 hours multi engine.
ATPL not required.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

airway wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:14 pm FYI

Hiring Minimums will be 750 hours total including 100 hours multi engine.
ATPL not required.
Oh, so Jazz is heading towards becoming a single pilot operation too :wink:

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Encore is hiring at 250 hours.

Not sure if those candidates will have a GS before 2023 though ...

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

thepoors wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:36 pm
Arnie Pye wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:21 am Please tell me about your struggles to electronically submit a new resume and maybe do another interview.

Jazz has an expensive but decent health plan so when they hire your whiny ass you can at least talk with a psychologist about all of your struggles with MS Word and how you should go right into a Captain spot because your mom thinks you're the best pilot out there.
Hey thanks for the tip boomer. :roll: I'd love to see your competency with Word...

It's not just electronically submitting a resume, and doing another interview. I'd be very happy to do that. But if they're resetting everyone to zero there's multiple interviews, sim eval, psych eval, and medical. All those require booking time off from my current job and it's a PITA having to repeat all of it again if that's the route they're going. Honestly don't see how it makes sense on their end either.
Sorry, Millenial. I forgot to heap praise on you for using there, their and they're properly. Good job. Your high school teacher will be so proud! Your participation medal is in the mail.

I'm a Gen-X by the way. You know, the old farts that are most likely doing the hiring and training these days.

Quit strutting around like you rent the place :lol: and update your resume.

On a more serious note, good luck. it actually is good news that anyone at a major airline is doing some off the street hiring.

freedsie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by freedsie »

Babar350 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:31 pm Encore is hiring at 250 hours.

Not sure if those candidates will have a GS before 2023 though ...
All applicants under 1000 hrs were turned away. Average experience level of those selected was 3000 hrs. I did not hear about when their GS classes are.

Source: year 3 YYC FO, former colleague of mine.

MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

Anyone know if there's a quota regarding number of graduates from partner schools that the regionals must hire each year?

MrA

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

MrAviator19 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:41 am Anyone know if there's a quota regarding number of graduates from partner schools that the regionals must hire each year?

MrA
To my knowledge, there never was. There are pathway programs with some flight school, but I don't think Jazz ever commited to hire from anywhere.

Also, I think for now Jazz needs people with enough experience to go left seat soon.

tango308
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tango308 »

faculties11 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:33 am What is take home pay for a first year FO?
these may differ a bit now but it gives an general idea. Take home pay as a year 1 FO in 2020 was:

Jan20 = 2700
Feb20 = 2400
Mar20 = 3100 *did some OT

*These include family coverage for my wife and kids under our collective plan and exclude per-diems.

Last edited by tango308 on Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrAviator19
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrAviator19 »

the-minister31 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:10 am
MrAviator19 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:41 am Anyone know if there's a quota regarding number of graduates from partner schools that the regionals must hire each year?

MrA
To my knowledge, there never was. There are pathway programs with some flight school, but I don't think Jazz ever commited to hire from anywhere.

Also, I think for now Jazz needs people with enough experience to go left seat soon.
Thanks. That's what I thought too especially with all the experience sitting out there right now. I don't see hiring from partner schools for 250-hr people until at least 2023-24 so anyone wanting to be a pilot, now is the time to enroll in one of these programs.

MrA

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Hey guys, do you know whether it’s sufficient to just put down someone as a Jazz internal referral with their email and phone number or do I need to also get the referring employee to fill up a form or something like Encore/Porter?
Thanks

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Hi Maverick,

There are details on what is required for references in the portal. IIRC (haven't looked in a couple years) it has to be someone in a TC managerial role. i.e.; ops manager, chief pilot, director of flight ops etc. While you can add someone from Jazz, it's probably not super relevant.

We USED to have an employee referral program, but I havent looked in a while and I'm not sure it applies to pilots (flt ops) these days. Or if it ever did.

I'm optimistic. I foresee some serious demand in the industry as we come out of the politico-enabled nonsense of the last year and a half.

Fingers crossed for all those who are applying/have previously applied that the process goes smoothly.

Cheers!

maverick12
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maverick12 »

Rowdy wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:53 pm Hi Maverick,

There are details on what is required for references in the portal. IIRC (haven't looked in a couple years) it has to be someone in a TC managerial role. i.e.; ops manager, chief pilot, director of flight ops etc. While you can add someone from Jazz, it's probably not super relevant.

We USED to have an employee referral program, but I havent looked in a while and I'm not sure it applies to pilots (flt ops) these days. Or if it ever did.

I'm optimistic. I foresee some serious demand in the industry as we come out of the politico-enabled nonsense of the last year and a half.

Fingers crossed for all those who are applying/have previously applied that the process goes smoothly.

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply Rowdy! I notice in the pilot job posting it says an internal jazz referral is beneficial to the application so I’m guessing it applies to flt ops

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

maverick12 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply Rowdy! I notice in the pilot job posting it says an internal jazz referral is beneficial to the application so I’m guessing it applies to flt ops
References and referrals are 2 different things. Reference is as Rowdy stated, from your former and ideally current supervisor(s). Referrals is from someone working at Jazz that knows you. Have your contact get in touch with his supervisor and he will know what to do with the referral.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Outlaw58 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:14 pm
maverick12 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Cheers!
References and referrals are 2 different things. Reference is as Rowdy stated, from your former and ideally current supervisor(s). Referrals is from someone working at Jazz that knows you. Have your contact get in touch with his supervisor and he will know what to do with the referral.

Thanks fitty eight! Appreciate the input. Its this mentality and environment at JAZZ that makes me really enjoy working here :)

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

HireVue interview questions sent out this morning. 20 questions, Multiple choice/short answer.

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Good luck to all applying to Jazz! Very glad to see hiring starting again, looking forward to meeting some of you for indoc.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”