Job Posting

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Job Posting

Post by Bede »

bring me the horizon wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:30 pm I did my hirevue interview about 3 weeks ago and answered truthfully. I received a call the next day questioning one of my answers in regards to pay, to which I replied honestly. I decided not to continue with the application process and withdrew my application. I was one of the people in the March 30, 2020 ground school.

Regionals and flowing into AC seemed like the thing to do a couple years ago but the world as well as mine, have changed. I can't afford to feed by family with poverty wages.
+1. I had to do this once before about 20 years ago. "You don't pay enough to live in YVR. No thanks." Nothing changes until there is no supply.
---------- ADS -----------

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

Anyone heard anything post interview regarding Sim evals? From what I’ve heard it sounds like sims will be in yvr or yyz, no mention about yyc Mount Royal sim being used. Sounds like the May class will be smaller as some current pilots are still awaiting initials.

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

link821 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:42 pm Anyone heard anything post interview regarding Sim evals? From what I’ve heard it sounds like sims will be in yvr or yyz, no mention about yyc Mount Royal sim being used. Sounds like the May class will be smaller as some current pilots are still awaiting initials.
When did you do your interview? I have mine in a couple days. IIRC, before covid when I went through the process it was about a week from interview to booking of sim eval.

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

link821 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:42 pm Anyone heard anything post interview regarding Sim evals? From what I’ve heard it sounds like sims will be in yvr or yyz, no mention about yyc Mount Royal sim being used. Sounds like the May class will be smaller as some current pilots are still awaiting initials.
No news yet, I'm assuming it's gonna come soon since they said mid may for the first ground school...

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

Caterpillar wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:05 pm
No news yet, I'm assuming it's gonna come soon since they said mid may for the first ground school...
Who said mid-may for first jnitial GS? Interviewers?

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

the-minister31 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:25 am
The CP in my interview when I asked what their time line for a first class was looking like!

hsilgnepilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hsilgnepilot »

link821 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 am
the-minister31 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:25 am

The CP in my interview when I asked what their time line for a first class was looking like!
Mid May first ground school. Will likely be a slightly smaller class. Afterwards planning to hire 16 pilots every 3 weeks. Good luck everyone.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Jazz is looking to hire for attrition, not growth. Largest attrition destination will be AC.

Jazz wants to hire out ahead of AC hiring/ Jazz resignations. Jazz will need approx 8-10 weeks lead time to hire a replacement pilot.

AC hiring in September? Jazz will need to start hiring no later than June.

kiwi_paradise
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kiwi_paradise »

rudder wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:29 pm Jazz is looking to hire for attrition, not growth. Largest attrition destination will be AC.

Jazz wants to hire out ahead of AC hiring/ Jazz resignations. Jazz will need approx 8-10 weeks lead time to hire a replacement pilot.

AC hiring in September? Jazz will need to start hiring no later than June.
Well I hope they make their move soon. They are loosing skilled ATPL pilots for Swoop/Flair.
I heard Jazz got some flight school instructors in the process, I wonder what they are looking for
with those inexperienced pilots. Strange move

sio31790
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sio31790 »

This is true, most of the ATPL 2500-3000 + that had their applications at Jazz are currently gone for Swoop or Flair.
Very strange move from Jazz to hire guys with low time when you can get experienced people that could end up filling the left seat spots quickly.

I think they are counting a lot on the "pathway" and high chance to join AC coming from Jazz instead of going OTS which became very competitive now.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

kiwi_paradise wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:37 pm I heard Jazz got some flight school instructors in the process, I wonder what they are looking for with those inexperienced pilots. Strange move
I will challenge that statement. Most of the interviews conducted so far are people that got their ground school cancelled in 2020. Some of those people were instructors back then and still are.

I also know a lot of people got their Hirevue first interview done, but this doesn’t mean nothing. I hate the fact they call it an interview, in reality it’s more of a questionnaire to fill and send with your application.

People with 2000+ total time and ATPL are and will be preferred until that pool is exhausted. There is a very large group of individuals sitting between 750 to 2000 out there, and Jazz has always been interested in those. Reach 1000, have some 703 time, and write your ATPL, and it’s almost an automatic interview in the months to come.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

hsilgnepilot wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:40 am
Mid May first ground school. Will likely be a slightly smaller class. Afterwards planning to hire 16 pilots every 3 weeks. Good luck everyone.
100% confirmed.

fpsbc
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by fpsbc »

How long from HireVue to Interview? Still doing the Sim Evals?

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

fpsbc wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:13 pm How long from HireVue to Interview? Still doing the Sim Evals?
Sim evals are still a thing.

And no one knows for the HireVue to interview… Give them some time, they have a lot of people and resumes to go thru. It won’t be at the same pace as 2019/2020 since there is only 1 ground school every 3 weeks instead of 2.

RegionalPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RegionalPilot »

First ground school confirmed on May 16. Best of luck to all applicants!

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

RegionalPilot wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:41 am First ground school confirmed on May 16. Best of luck to all applicants!
And every third Monday thereafter.

Outlaw58
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Outlaw58 »

rudder wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:43 pm
RegionalPilot wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:41 am First ground school confirmed on May 16. Best of luck to all applicants!
And every third Monday thereafter.
Let the good times roll! :)

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

Interesting,
I got an email last week asking me to do the hireVue "interview" although I didn't even submit my application yet...

aya123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aya123 »

Does anyone mind sharing what the sim eval involves?

Gicash09
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Gicash09 »

It’s a small IFR flight test at least that how it looks like.
Takeoff with approach and go around with a NDB HOLD!
Once that is done you do an approach with one engine
45 minutes before the sim you have access to the SOP and speeds and everything to memorize before the sim
You memorize the best you caN
The most important is the communication DONT DO ANYTHING before talking.
They wanna see your CRM level aswell
Hope it helps

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”