Pay Scale at Keewatin?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Pay Scale at Keewatin?

Post by mmm..bacon »

Says pay "per CBA" in the ad. http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=154857
Anyone know/care to share what that is, please?
---------- ADS -----------

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Pay Scale at Keewatin?

Post by Invertago »

40 King air FO
60 King air Capt

50 C560 FO
90 C560 Capt

14//14 rotation 1-2 days travel on. your days off to get to YWG or YFB or what other community you might be going to.

They used to have retention bonuses but they cut all those early in the pandemic as of course pandemics are bad for a medevac business. They also laid off a bunch of undesirable's early on, replaced them with airline pilots who are now leaving so expect lots of hiring and advancement opportunity. New bond every upgrade though. $12500 18 months king air, $15500 C560.

PC12 numbers are somewhere in the middle.

King air's are in and out of all the small communities, gravel, challenging flying exciting and fun if you want that. Citation is more ILS to ILS long boring legs less variety less stress. PC 12 does the stuff the King Air's can't... aka the most exciting if you like single engine over the arctic...

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Invertago wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:24 am 40 King air FO
60 King air Capt

50 C560 FO
90 C560 Capt
Yikes. Must be lots of other operators in the area that pay more...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

You could just pin this thread. Pay scale hasn't changed in 30 years. 30 from now, it will still be the same.

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

I made 86K in 1988 as a C550 captain.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

I used to make 100k as a KA200/PA31 driver maybe 400 hrs/yr

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Liftdump wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:15 pm I made 86K in 1988 as a C550 captain.
That doesn't sound like much until you pump the numbers into the bank of Canada inflation calculator and it comes out to the buying power of $180 000/ year today.

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/rates/relat ... alculator/

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

It seemed like pretty good coin to me in 88

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

Is it me or I feel Keewatin will be one of the first operator to suffer from the upcoming hiring cycle?

Is there any minimum requirements for experience with the medevac contract they have? If so, how can they attract a rotational 200 captain with 60 000$, while I can go at Jazz and make a tiny bit less, while flying and working south of 60...?

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
CanadianPsycho
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CanadianPsycho »

Any recent updates?

BeaverDreamer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BeaverDreamer »

CanadianPsycho wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:07 pm Any recent updates?
As of Aug 2022 or so:

Prop FO 45k
Jet FO 55k

BE20 Capt. 72k
BE20 Capt. w/ 2500+ hours 82k
PC12 Capt. 85k
Jet Capt. 102k

All year 1 base salary.

RockSalty
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RockSalty »

BeaverDreamer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:34 pm
CanadianPsycho wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:07 pm Any recent updates?
As of Aug 2022 or so:

Prop FO 45k
Jet FO 55k

BE20 Capt. 72k
BE20 Capt. w/ 2500+ hours 82k
PC12 Capt. 85k
Jet Capt. 102k

All year 1 base salary.
Is there any extra pay based on flight time or mileage or something?

Slidingwest
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Slidingwest »

Take a look at their job posting. Looks like up significantly depending on machine since last year according to the numbers linked above.King Air tops at 135K C560 tops at 145K plus benefits.Still not what it should be but moving in right direction.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

What they don't advertise is that your rotation is actually 2 days of travel each way when commuting to iqualiut. So, you're schedule is actually 2 days unpaid travel, 14 days in location and 2 days unpaid travel home. So plan on a lifestyle of 18 days away 10 days at home. $60/day perdiems vs the industry standard now of $4.25/hr (aka $102/day)

Typical week at work, fly a 14 hour duty day, get 10 hours off to eat sleep and do company course work as needed. Then after 10 hours sit in the hotel ready to drop everything to rush for a flight. Better spend your days in between napping because more often then not the phone will ring at 11pm starting your next 14 hour duty day. In winter you probably won't see the sun for litterally weeks at a time. Don't expect to do anything outside a 5 minute walk from the hotel for your 2 weeks. Phone rings, dump your restaurant supper in the trash and rush out.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

The man who runs skud and shall not be named here, posted a copy of it on his site a couple days ago. I would say it's definitely "new and improved"

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Invertago wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:15 am Typical week at work, fly a 14 hour duty day, get 10 hours off to eat sleep and do company course work as needed. Then after 10 hours sit in the hotel ready to drop everything to rush for a flight. Better spend your days in between napping because more often then not the phone will ring at 11pm starting your next 14 hour duty day. In winter you probably won't see the sun for litterally weeks at a time. Don't expect to do anything outside a 5 minute walk from the hotel for your 2 weeks. Phone rings, dump your restaurant supper in the trash and rush out.
I thought that was done nowadays. That's how it used to be. I heard now they do 12 ON at the hangar and 12 off. I may be wrong.

It's true though. It's not an easy gig but it'll make you a good pilot I think. Flying up to Arctic Bay, Pangnirtung, Qikiqtarjuaq at night gets your blood pressure up and your ass-cheeks will tighten a bit. It's good fun though. It's not for those that do it for the Instagram likes and pretend to be a 777 F/O at mainline. Go there, work hard, learn and feel good about actually saving lives. It's a rewarding job if you have the right mindeset.

P.S. The B200 with the G1000 is a wicked machine for that. I absolutely love it.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:45 pm
Invertago wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:15 am Typical week at work, fly a 14 hour duty day, get 10 hours off to eat sleep and do company course work as needed. Then after 10 hours sit in the hotel ready to drop everything to rush for a flight. Better spend your days in between napping because more often then not the phone will ring at 11pm starting your next 14 hour duty day. In winter you probably won't see the sun for litterally weeks at a time. Don't expect to do anything outside a 5 minute walk from the hotel for your 2 weeks. Phone rings, dump your restaurant supper in the trash and rush out.
I thought that was done nowadays. That's how it used to be. I heard now they do 12 ON at the hangar and 12 off. I may be wrong.

It's true though. It's not an easy gig but it'll make you a good pilot I think. Flying up to Arctic Bay, Pangnirtung, Qikiqtarjuaq at night gets your blood pressure up and your ass-cheeks will tighten a bit. It's good fun though. It's not for those that do it for the Instagram likes and pretend to be a 777 F/O at mainline. Go there, work hard, learn and feel good about actually saving lives. It's a rewarding job if you have the right mindeset.

P.S. The B200 with the G1000 is a wicked machine for that. I absolutely love it.
It’sa great way to get some jet hours and move on but the quality of life (pay plus schedule) is awful. At least the aircraft were well kept. Company management will use and abuse pilots given every chance they get, but if you stand up for yourself they back off. Be sure to know your rights, not just CARs know your labor laws.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

Here it is:

Attachments
Screenshot_20230227-130758~2.png
Screenshot_20230227-130758~2.png (614.87 KiB) Viewed 2093 times
Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

That’s a huge improvement over a year ago, still not worth the lifestyle IMO but happy to see the improvement!

airway
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by airway »

Invertago wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:15 am
$60/day perdiems vs the industry standard now of $4.25/hr (aka $102/day)
That's the industry standard? I guess we have some work to do at my company. We get $85 for a full day.

Return to “Employment Forum”