Helicopters 2022 season….

This forum has been developed to discuss helicopter related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Helicopters 2022 season….

Post by The Mole »

An FAA license is easy, handed out like candy. Only pilots i know who got green cards married americans. Everyone else works for a Canadian operator and fly's under nafta or what ever its called now.
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

The Mole wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:26 pm An FAA license is easy, handed out like candy. Only pilots i know who got green cards married americans. Everyone else works for a Canadian operator and fly's under nafta or what ever its called now.
If you move there you’ll have to work under whatever visa suits your individual needs based on federal law depending on that state’s conditions. L-1B is the one you’ll be using if there’s a USA subsidiary you can do an intra company transfer with.

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm
The Mole wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:26 pm An FAA license is easy, handed out like candy. Only pilots i know who got green cards married americans. Everyone else works for a Canadian operator and fly's under nafta or what ever its called now.
If you move there you’ll have to work under whatever visa suits your individual needs based on federal law depending on that state’s conditions. L-1B is the one you’ll be using if there’s a USA subsidiary you can do an intra company transfer with.
Thats just working for a Canadian company with a US division. Same shit with better clients

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:44 pm
Thats just working for a Canadian company with a US division. Same shit with better clients

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

No, not where I work.

The Mole
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Mole »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:37 am No, not where I work.
Can you jump ship and work for Southern Cal Edison, PJ, Maverick, Blue Hawaiian? or another American company once you get an L1B visa ?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

The Mole wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:41 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:37 am No, not where I work.
Can you jump ship and work for Southern Cal Edison, PJ, Maverick, Blue Hawaiian? or another American company once you get an L1B visa ?
If you go to any of those companies cited you’ll need to talk to them about sponsorship. As far as I know the L1 a and b is for I yea company transfer only when there is a Canadian company to transfer from. There as dozens of different visas to suit your needs

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

So I’m getting contacted by desperate operators right now for AME help. Things that busy in Canada right now? Looks like fire season is a wash

Return to “Helicopter Forum”