Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

cpl2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

How to find a job in Canada ??

Post by cpl2020 »

Hello, Everyone,
I've applied for many jobs never heard back from them. what options do I really have to find a job with 1300 hr total time Cpl IFR MEL SEL ??
Should I get my IATRA Done to open more doors for me or SAMRA and SARON any advice, please ??

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: How to find a job in Canada ??

Post by Bede »

viewtopic.php?t=94553

Do you have a right to work in Canada (work visa, PR)?

cpl2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cpl2020 »

Bede wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:59 pm viewtopic.php?t=94553

Do you have a right to work in Canada (work visa, PR)?
Yes i do i have a PR

qwe221sd
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by qwe221sd »

cpl2020 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:48 pm Hello, Everyone,
I've applied for many jobs never heard back from them. what options do I really have to find a job with 1300 hr total time Cpl IFR MEL SEL ??
Should I get my IATRA Done to open more doors for me or SAMRA and SARON any advice, please ??

Thanks
Canada is a shit place for aviator compare to US especially.
Thousand of pilots are struggling to land a job at the moment even a flight instructor position.

cpl2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cpl2020 »

qwe221sd wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:08 am

Thanks
Thousand of pilots are struggling to land a job at the moment even a flight instructor position.
Well, do you have a way to work in the US ?? :D

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Thanks
Ah come on.

Canada is still one of the best countries to start out in aviation. What's the thing you worry about most as a new pilot? To find that first job. Your chances to find that in Canada are one of the best in the world. Do the jobs pay much? No, usually they don't. Can you make more somewhere else? Absolutely, and it gets even easier once you have some experience. Is it better in the US as a pilot? For now it it, but that's fairly irrelevant if you can't work there.

@cpl2020: How did you get your 1300 hours?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
qwe221sd
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by qwe221sd »

cpl2020 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:05 am

Thanks
Well, do you have a way to work in the US ?? :D
Get greend card first. Don't ask me how to , please google.

cpl2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cpl2020 »

digits_ wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:17 am

Thanks
Ah come on.

Canada is still one of the best countries to start out in aviation. What's the thing you worry about most as a new pilot? To find that first job. Your chances to find that in Canada are one of the best in the world. Do the jobs pay much? No, usually they don't. Can you make more somewhere else? Absolutely, and it gets even easier once you have some experience. Is it better in the US as a pilot? For now it it, but that's fairly irrelevant if you can't work there.

After I finish my training in the US the Scholl owner offer me a job as a flight instructor (TEMPORARY) I was under a student visa

qwe221sd
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by qwe221sd »

cpl2020 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:21 am

Ah come on.

After I finish my training in the US the Scholl owner offer me a job as a flight instructor (TEMPORARY) I was under a student visa
Get instructor rating and apply.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Thanks
Ah come on.

The US comes up a lot because they fly the same equipment and same routes as us for 3x the pay, I do agree Canada is probably the easiest place to get a job flying something

cpl2020
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cpl2020 »

Thank you

Risenskyimmigration
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Risenskyimmigration »

As others have said before, Canada is not the best country to work in aviation.

But if you'll decide to go to the USA, Visa is required.

And I think the most suitable Visa in your case would be the Temporary Work Visa. The most common work visa for Canadian citizens is the TN (Trade NAFTA) visa. It is available to professionals in certain occupations, such as engineers, scientists, and accountants, among others. To obtain a TN visa, you'll need a job offer from a U.S. employer, and you must meet the specific qualifications for the occupation.

Of course that it's a complex decision, but if you still decide to move, in this article you can find more about employment in the USA.

Last edited by Risenskyimmigration on Mon May 29, 2023 1:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mach1
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Mach1 »

Thanks
Currently, a pilot's licence and a pulse should do the trick. It depends on what kind of work you are looking for and where you are willing to live.

I'm going to knock this up a notch with my spice weasle. Bam!
CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Thanks
What kind of jobs are you applying for? If you write the Samra and saron I believe it also gives you the IATRA and since you are close to the atpl requirements I would probably just go ahead and write those.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:30 am

Thanks
What kind of jobs are you applying for? If you write the Samra and saron I believe it also gives you the IATRA and since you are close to the atpl requirements I would probably just go ahead and write those.
The user hasn't logged into avcanada since last year, pretty sure this is a mute thread at this point

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

twa22 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:45 am

Thanks
The user hasn't logged into avcanada since last year, pretty sure this is a mute thread at this point
People are still responding. So if it was mute then it would not even be visible.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:51 am

People are still responding. So if it was mute then it would not even be visible.
I meant mute as in replying to the original posters question

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

twa22 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:55 am
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:51 am

I meant mute as in replying to the original posters question
Cool!

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

twa22 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:45 amI meant mute as in replying to the original posters question
The word is "moot". You can look it up. :rolleyes:

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

albertdesalvo wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 10:09 am
twa22 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:45 amI meant mute as in replying to the original posters question
The word is "moot". You can look it up. :rolleyes:
Nope. Points are moot; threads go mute.

https://lmgtfy.app/?q=mute+thread

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”