Next Rating
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:26 am
So after 38 years I finally completed my CPL...haha
Slight detour, just finishing off 30 year career with fire department and moving on to the next career.
So 95% sure next step is instructor rating but just wanted advice/confirmation if you don't mind.
Plan is/was instruct P/T until I retire then perhaps continue P/T or F/T depending on how I feel. At some point in there will probably get IFR and multi while moving up to class 3/2/1 instructor. This is of course assuming I get hired somewhere.
Another retired firefighter who has been flying bush planes for quite a while suggested float rating and fly in the bush. Not sure how I feel about that, be fun flying but I understand it's 10% flying 90% Joe jobs which I don't really mind.
I suppose the other option would be multi/IFR and join the rat race with other freshly minted CPL's. Not really fair because I'll be collecting a pension better than they will make for the next decade.
Anyway, before I start the course thought I'd solicit some input,
Thanks
Slight detour, just finishing off 30 year career with fire department and moving on to the next career.
So 95% sure next step is instructor rating but just wanted advice/confirmation if you don't mind.
Plan is/was instruct P/T until I retire then perhaps continue P/T or F/T depending on how I feel. At some point in there will probably get IFR and multi while moving up to class 3/2/1 instructor. This is of course assuming I get hired somewhere.
Another retired firefighter who has been flying bush planes for quite a while suggested float rating and fly in the bush. Not sure how I feel about that, be fun flying but I understand it's 10% flying 90% Joe jobs which I don't really mind.
I suppose the other option would be multi/IFR and join the rat race with other freshly minted CPL's. Not really fair because I'll be collecting a pension better than they will make for the next decade.
Anyway, before I start the course thought I'd solicit some input,
Thanks