Air Canada Interview Prep

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

skylight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Canada Interview Prep

Post by skylight »

Thank you very much for your suggestions!
---------- ADS -----------

skylight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skylight »

Ash Ketchum wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:11 am From what I remember it was a physcological screen with hundreds of questions on a computer followed by a behavioral type interview with a few senior captains and HR and then the medical. I think the medical was the hardest as it goes into more detail than the TC medical (blood work etc...) and it's not uncommon to get sent for additional laboratory tests.

For the behavioral interview you need to act like it's your lifelong dream to work for AC and also admit any mistakes/failures you had in the past and how you improved after them.

I was in the AC hiring pool when Covid started (waited for about 6 months post interview with references called) so I will have to go through all this fun again when they start hiring.

That's good to know. Thank you
Good luck to the both of us as Air Canada starts hiring again 🙂

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rooster69 »

Always be honest. Don’t try and answer psych questions the way you think you should answer them, answer the questions as they pop in to your head.

CaptainKirk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CaptainKirk »

What people have said about me is true. I do have an Youtube channel where I embarrass myself and I do charge for my career and resume services. In fact, I will add one more: I even have a long nose and a bit of a ‘dad bod’.

BUT, my intention to help new pilots is pure. I don’t do it for free because 1) free is usually sh!t and you get crap results. 2) I’m great at producing results for you. 3) I’ve helped over 100 pilots get jobs which really is my legacy.

$225 for Airline Interview prep.
$75 for pilot resume writing.

www.pilotdmello.com

Pilots recently have gotten offers from Porter, Jazz, Air Inuit, Flair, Swoop, etc...

tango308
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tango308 »

CaptainKirk wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:08 pm What people have said about me is true. I do have an Youtube channel where I embarrass myself and I do charge for my career and resume services. In fact, I will add one more: I even have a long nose and a bit of a ‘dad bod’.

BUT, my intention to help new pilots is pure. I don’t do it for free because 1) free is usually sh!t and you get crap results. 2) I’m great at producing results for you. 3) I’ve helped over 100 pilots get jobs which really is my legacy.

www.pilotdmello.com

Pilots recently have gotten offers from Porter, Jazz, Air Inuit, Flair, Swoop, etc...
How do you manage to fit your ego through the aircraft door? Seriously.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I've done that for plenty of people for free, because I like to help and a few buck isn't worth a bad rep.
That being said I'm in the only major pilot group in the country still laid off, and things aren't looking good, I just know what looks good on paper. The shoemakers kids....

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

CaptainKirk wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:08 pm What people have said about me is true. I do have an Youtube channel where I embarrass myself and I do charge for my career and resume services. In fact, I will add one more: I even have a long nose and a bit of a ‘dad bod’.

www.pilotdmello.com

Weren’t you PFO’d and only hired when they changed the PML rules to ‘must hire 90% of those who apply’?

Last edited by Sharklasers on Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

DanWEC wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:07 pm I've done that for plenty of people for free, because I like to help and a few buck isn't worth a bad rep.
That being said I'm in the only major pilot group in the country still laid off, and things aren't looking good, I just know what looks good on paper. The shoemakers kids....
Apply to AC. But be warned Jenny will send you an email saying not to do a prep course because they are HR professionals and can tell a canned answer and they will hold it against you.

speedah
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by speedah »

Its funny that one of their own pilots is selling a prep course that they highly recommend you don't do..

Grounds for dismissal? One could only wish

bobcatdriver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bobcatdriver »

speedah wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:19 am Its funny that one of their own pilots is selling a prep course that they highly recommend you don't do..

Grounds for dismissal? One could only wish
Captain Kirk at it again?

UniqueNewyork
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by UniqueNewyork »

www.pilotdmello.com

You’re number 1 reason for this course is because “free is usually shit”, as if somehow paying for it will make it not shit? Just by reading your website, I wouldn’t even give you a single Russian Ruble to write a resume for me.

For all you aspiring Air Canada pilots out there reading this…please do yourself a favour and skip this guys prep course. There is thousands of us who got hired never having to spend a dime for “advice”. You can find enough information on Avcanada if you take the time to look for it to get you through the process. Also, there is no shortage of pilots willing to give you all the information you need for free without ripping you off $300.

Last edited by UniqueNewyork on Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

100%

That guy lacks credibility in a big way. Wannabe influencer or something.

Anyone that's up and coming is best to avoid him. There have been other pilot interview prep services in the past and the interviewers can see right through it. Air Canada knows who has the prepped, canned answers and will not hire you.

A big part of this business, and particularly this position is the community that we are. During my time moving through I have been helped and mentored by countless people from co-workers, to friends' dads whio were at the show, to even many people on avcanada, and nobody asked for a dime for their effort or time because someone did it for them too...

If anyone has questions or needs some suggestions from someone on the inside, I'll do it for free. PM me.

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

UniqueNewyork wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:10 am

www.pilotdmello.com

You’re number 1 reason for this course is because “free is usually shit”, as if somehow paying for it will make it not shit? Just by reading your website, I wouldn’t even give you a single Russian Ruble to write a resume for me.

For all you aspiring Air Canada pilots out there reading this…please do yourself a favour and skip this guys prep course. There is thousands of us who got hired never having to spend a dime for “advice”. You can find enough information on Avcanada if you take the time to look for it to get you through the process. Also, there is no shortage of pilots willing to give you all the information you need for free without ripping you off $300.
How did Murray Strom let this guy through?

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

alkaseltzer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:47 am

www.pilotdmello.com

Pilot Movement to Air Canada
A commitment from Air Canada with the following subjects:
a. On an annual basis, Air Canada shall offer no less than 60% of its new hire positions to Pilots on the Pilot System Seniority List who have applied. This process shall be jointly monitored by the parties on a quarterly basis and shall be adjusted as needed to meet the 60% annual offer obligation. The parties shall meet and discuss unforeseen issues that could impact operations.
b. The hiring process for employment at Air Canada shall be in order of seniority from the group of Pilots that have applied.
c. All Pilots meeting Air Canada’s basic requirements specified in pilot position profile 18853 (as amended and superseded from time to time) shall be qualified candidates.
d. Air Canada retains its right of selection in making offers during the hiring process. Without prejudice to the 60% annual offer obligation, the parties recognize that not all candidates will be successful but at no time will Air Canada exceed an annual turndown rate of greater than 10% of qualified candidates (as defined in paragraph 11.c above) in exercising its right of refusal. The parties and Air Canada shall meet to discuss any ongoing issues with the turndown rate.

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

www.pilotdmello.com

Recently from Jazz? You must be very good because they didn't offer anything for the past 2 years...

If anybody wants advice, let's grab a beer and we'll figure it out. I'll even pay the beer !

genetic jack hammer
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by genetic jack hammer »

porcsord wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:07 pm
Captain Kirkk wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:39 pm DM me for EXCLUSIVE information on the Air Canada interview process: we can set up a mentorship meeting to prepare you for the interview and psychological exam.

Fees are listed on my website. I am a highly experienced mentor and Air Canada pilot.

Kirk
Odd, I thought you were a laid off Air Canada pilot who leveraged a current 767 PPC for a temporary position at Cargojet and subsequently made a video about calling all your "friends" who you haven't spoken to in YEARS to beg for help? The same person who one week claimed that Air Canada wasn't for them, made a video supporting that claim, and then immediately jumped ship when the opportunity presented itself? The same person who made a video processing how much regional pilots make while inflating numbers with overtime and perdiems.

Or am I mistaking you for someone else.

Seriously though, don't reach out to this guy for his paid "mentorship".
"Set up a mentorship meeting to prepare you...."

Anyone else get the feeling that said meeting will be held at Arizona's, with him leaving you pick up the tab?

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Sharklasers wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:06 am
alkaseltzer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:47 am

Pilot Movement to Air Canada
A commitment from Air Canada with the following subjects:
a. On an annual basis, Air Canada shall offer no less than 60% of its new hire positions to Pilots on the Pilot System Seniority List who have applied. This process shall be jointly monitored by the parties on a quarterly basis and shall be adjusted as needed to meet the 60% annual offer obligation. The parties shall meet and discuss unforeseen issues that could impact operations.
b. The hiring process for employment at Air Canada shall be in order of seniority from the group of Pilots that have applied.
c. All Pilots meeting Air Canada’s basic requirements specified in pilot position profile 18853 (as amended and superseded from time to time) shall be qualified candidates.
d. Air Canada retains its right of selection in making offers during the hiring process. Without prejudice to the 60% annual offer obligation, the parties recognize that not all candidates will be successful but at no time will Air Canada exceed an annual turndown rate of greater than 10% of qualified candidates (as defined in paragraph 11.c above) in exercising its right of refusal. The parties and Air Canada shall meet to discuss any ongoing issues with the turndown rate.
What a piss poor deal for AC. Penny wise pound foolish, as they say.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

alkaseltzer wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:03 pm
What a piss poor deal for AC. Penny wise pound foolish, as they say.
I guess you weren’t around 25 years ago when it was 100%?

Most of those hired during that incarnation of ‘flow’ are WB CA now.

It is what it is. All North American major carriers have some version of a flow system.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

genetic jack hammer wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:14 pm
porcsord wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:07 pm
Captain Kirkk wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:39 pm DM me for EXCLUSIVE information on the Air Canada interview process: we can set up a mentorship meeting to prepare you for the interview and psychological exam.

Fees are listed on my website. I am a highly experienced mentor and Air Canada pilot.

Kirk
Odd, I thought you were a laid off Air Canada pilot who leveraged a current 767 PPC for a temporary position at Cargojet and subsequently made a video about calling all your "friends" who you haven't spoken to in YEARS to beg for help? The same person who one week claimed that Air Canada wasn't for them, made a video supporting that claim, and then immediately jumped ship when the opportunity presented itself? The same person who made a video processing how much regional pilots make while inflating numbers with overtime and perdiems.

Or am I mistaking you for someone else.

Seriously though, don't reach out to this guy for his paid "mentorship".
"Set up a mentorship meeting to prepare you...."

Anyone else get the feeling that said meeting will be held at Arizona's, with him leaving you pick up the tab?
A PFO'd pilot who got in the back door after they made a quota for flow from express. Worked at AC for a matter of months before being layed off. Inside information and going to prepare you for the psychological exam? Haaaaaa!

Forget Arizona's with this guy, you'll get more "mentorship" spending your money down the road at The Landing Strip...

Lt. Daniel Kaffee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Lt. Daniel Kaffee »

Landing Strip is closed.... :roll:

Return to “Air Canada”