Air Canada Interview Prep

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

skylight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Air Canada Interview Prep

Post by skylight »

Hello everyone,
With Air Canada recruitment expected to start soon, I am looking for guidance to prepare myself for the interviews and subsequent processes. Could you let me know what I might face, and how i should prepare myself?
I believe it is going to be an HR interview, Flight Ops interview, Medical, Flight Assessment and Psychometry. So no technical questions?
Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

unionism101
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Canada Interview Prep

Post by unionism101 »

Show up and be ready to tell them why you want come work for the NHL of Airlines and have a story that it has always been a dream of yours to "Fly the Flag" and can't wait to "Rise Higher"

Make sure to add you hope your union pushes for a cordial relationship with the company so as to "capture" as much flying as possible so we can all "Win as One"

Make sure to NOT google the Executive Bonuses when you realize the garbage truck driver who finished his class 3 drivers license last week just a month out of high school will make more than you to be a B777 First Officer.

skylight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skylight »

That's good to know. Looks like it the attitude that matters. Thanks @unionism101
So no technical, regulatory or knowledge-testing stuff at all?

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

skylight wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:15 am That's good to know. Looks like it the attitude that matters. Thanks @unionism101
So no technical, regulatory or knowledge-testing stuff at all?
They will want to know the nitty gritty of your flying experience, mistakes you've made and what you've learned from them. Have a bunch of your best "flying stories" primed and fresh in your memory.

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by porcsord »

Captain Kirkk wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:39 pm DM me for EXCLUSIVE information on the Air Canada interview process: we can set up a mentorship meeting to prepare you for the interview and psychological exam.

Fees are listed on my website. I am a highly experienced mentor and Air Canada pilot.

Kirk
Odd, I thought you were a laid off Air Canada pilot who leveraged a current 767 PPC for a temporary position at Cargojet and subsequently made a video about calling all your "friends" who you haven't spoken to in YEARS to beg for help? The same person who one week claimed that Air Canada wasn't for them, made a video supporting that claim, and then immediately jumped ship when the opportunity presented itself? The same person who made a video processing how much regional pilots make while inflating numbers with overtime and perdiems.

Or am I mistaking you for someone else.

Seriously though, don't reach out to this guy for his paid "mentorship".

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Bahahaha he's busted!

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Captain Kirkk wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:39 pm DM me for EXCLUSIVE information on the Air Canada interview process: we can set up a mentorship meeting to prepare you for the interview and psychological exam.

Fees are listed on my website. I am a highly experienced mentor and Air Canada pilot.

Kirk
Shameless.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Kirk
I have a hard time putting into words everything that's wrong with this. Shameless is right.
To the OP- best piece of advice: it's a small industry in Canada, earn others' respect and don't burn any bridges. You'll find by doing that you'll make your own luck.
Don't worry, no charge for that. :)

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

He doesn’t care about burning bridges, he’s been recalled to AC. It’s the NHL after all. But I have to wonder if his Captains even speak to him in cruise or want to go hang oIt with him on a layover if they have any knowledge of his self-aggrandizing videos or this mentoring cash grab scheme.

737Maximilian
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 737Maximilian »

I'm not a huge fan of the guy's messaging, but to play devil's advocate, "Captain Kirkk" appears to be a fake account not linked to "CaptainKirk" (aka KD). I think someone is just trying to get everybody's blood pressure up.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

737Maximilian wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:06 pm I'm not a huge fan of the guy's messaging, but to play devil's advocate, "Captain Kirkk" appears to be a fake account not linked to "CaptainKirk" (aka KD). I think someone is just trying to get everybody's blood pressure up.
Good catch. Doesn't change the sentiments about the guy but it's now a moo point. Back to AC interview questions!

the-minister31
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by the-minister31 »

737Maximilian wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:06 pm I'm not a huge fan of the guy's messaging, but to play devil's advocate, "Captain Kirkk" appears to be a fake account not linked to "CaptainKirk" (aka KD). I think someone is just trying to get everybody's blood pressure up.
To be fair, the fact that so many people didn't figure it out just means the parody is not that far off-track haha

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

From what I remember it was a physcological screen with hundreds of questions on a computer followed by a behavioral type interview with a few senior captains and HR and then the medical. I think the medical was the hardest as it goes into more detail than the TC medical (blood work etc...) and it's not uncommon to get sent for additional laboratory tests.

For the behavioral interview you need to act like it's your lifelong dream to work for AC and also admit any mistakes/failures you had in the past and how you improved after them.

I was in the AC hiring pool when Covid started (waited for about 6 months post interview with references called) so I will have to go through all this fun again when they start hiring.

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Is it you want to be a florist or not be a florist? I can't remember now.

Have Pratts - Will Travel
alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

porcsord wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:07 pm

Kirk
Odd, I thought you were a laid off Air Canada pilot who leveraged a current 767 PPC for a temporary position at Cargojet and subsequently made a video about calling all your "friends" who you haven't spoken to in YEARS to beg for help? The same person who one week claimed that Air Canada wasn't for them, made a video supporting that claim, and then immediately jumped ship when the opportunity presented itself? The same person who made a video processing how much regional pilots make while inflating numbers with overtime and perdiems.

Or am I mistaking you for someone else.

Seriously though, don't reach out to this guy for his paid "mentorship".
He was walking around CAE with a flea market aura about him.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

It’s funny the guy has such a bad rep from his blatant cockiness and self promotion people don’t differentiate him and his online troll with a similar name except with the extra “k” in the name. Pretty funny.

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

i met keith a few times. he's a nice guy, trying to help others. albeit in a different way. does no harm, so why some get their panties in a knot is beyond me.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

I found a clip from my latest job interview at Air Canada. I was not successful, but they did say to try again in 12 months.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

redbusdriver wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:07 pm i met keith a few times. he's a nice guy, trying to help others. albeit in a different way. does no harm, so why some get their panties in a knot is beyond me.
I'm not sure if you remember or were here a few years ago when he first came around selling his mentorship sessions to young, impressionable pilots and wannabe pilots. He rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with that, considering most pilots would offer the same help/advice completely free of charge. He then went on to make highly deceiving videos, one of them being how much a regional pilot could expect to make.

I think the main problem people have with him is the fact that he, like many in his generation (including myself) benefited greatly from an industry that was moving at a thousand miles an hour. If you could fog a mirror, you'd get hired almost anywhere. He never acknowledges any of these things, and portrays his achievements as triumphs against all odds. Was his advice of telling young pilots to get an instructor rating, get to 1000 hours as fast as possible to then get on with a regional, really worth anything? How insightful is it really to talk about "how to get a job during the pandemic", when the only reason he was able to do so is because he happened to be typed on the aircraft the company hiring needed. Would his advice hold had he been awarded the Airbus rather than the 67 when he started at Rouge?

His exceptionalism attitude and lack of self reflection doesn't sit well with people.

skylight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skylight »

DanWEC wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:18 pm

Kirk
I have a hard time putting into words everything that's wrong with this. Shameless is right.
To the OP- best piece of advice: it's a small industry in Canada, earn others' respect and don't burn any bridges. You'll find by doing that you'll make your own luck.
Don't worry, no charge for that. :)

Thank you for your advice. I will keep that in mind :)

Return to “Air Canada”