Page 1 of 1

American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:57 pm
by PoorInstructor
Hey guys I just got accepted into embry riddle worldwide. It’s online and it’s an American university.

Before I spend big bucks, Would anyone know if westjet or air canada counts an online degree from embry riddle aeronautical university.

Like I know it helps to have a degree for westjet or air canada but does it have to be from a Canadian university for it to really help during application time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:39 pm
by flying4dollars
PoorInstructor wrote: ↑Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:57 pm Hey guys I just got accepted into embry riddle worldwide. It’s online and it’s an American university.

Before I spend big bucks, Would anyone know if westjet or air canada counts an online degree from embry riddle aeronautical university.

Like I know it helps to have a degree for westjet or air canada but does it have to be from a Canadian university for it to really help during application time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A degree is a degree. They likely don't care where it's from. Embry Riddle is very well known in the aviation community.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:31 am
by Stinky
I received a job offer from Air Canada a number of years ago with a degree from a U.S. University.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:09 am
by wirez
I got an AC job offer with an ERAU degree too.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:58 am
by Cessna 180
Why wouldn't it?

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:58 pm
by Liftdump
I went to Air Canada without a degree.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:43 pm
by co-joe
If putting more eggs in the same basket makes you happy then it doesn't matter where you get a degree from. Athatbasca vs Harvard there's zero difference, it's just a box to check on the application.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:26 am
by Bede
At WJ with an ERAU degree.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:33 pm
by '97 Tercel
If you're just doing it to get into AC or WJ then save the money, head up north/get some time then go to Jazz...

Then take the leftover money you didn't spend and buy crypto.

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:56 am
by flyingfool
Does Canada have any online aviation programs that offer University degrees like the US does?

Re: American Degree counts for Air canada/Westjet?

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:57 am
by Stinky
flyingfool wrote: ↑Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:56 am Does Canada have any online aviation programs that offer University degrees like the US does?
Maybe Athabasca