TC written exams wait times

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Riggie
Rank 0
Rank 0

TC written exams wait times

Post by Riggie »

A bit of a rant here, but is anyone else starting to get really frustrated with the current wait times to write TC exams?

At my local TCCA office they are booking into JUNE. As a flight instructor with students wanting to do flight tests and finish licenses / ratings I, and they, starting to feel really frustrated with this. I’ve seen students start to feel disheartened with flying after working so hard on groundschool and lessons in preparation and then be told they have to wait 3 months to write an exam and do a flight test.

It doesn’t help that for some reason TCCA is still only open 2 days a week. Prior to COVID you could get an exam appointment within days.

I’m sure my experience isn’t unique, but I have to wonder if TC realizes how much of an issue this is to the pilot community. Rant over.
---------- ADS -----------

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: TC written exams wait times

Post by 780Pilot »

I’m assuming your trying to write outside of Alberta, because the YEG and YYC offices are open 5 days a week. Crazy to see they are still dragging their heels at some locations thou but I’m not surprised, takes 7 months to get a rating sticker now days.

Riggie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Riggie »

Ontario. Good to hear they are back to normal hours in other parts of the country, hopefully they do so here soon.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

I requested ATPL exams and AIRAT in December. Just about to go in for second one next week. So 4 months lead time. Probably has gotten worse since then. This is Hamilton. I didnt try Toronto.

Curious if anyone has written anything after March 21st. Are they still trying to pull some mask nonsense? I'm going next week and hope not to have to deal with it.

Return to “Flight Training”