Will I be Denied a RAIC

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Ehvi8
Rank 0
Rank 0

Will I be Denied a RAIC

Post by Ehvi8 »

Hi folks,
Recently I was let go by a previous employer. I was fired with cause and never appealed the decision as this was a temporary job and is not aviation-related. Not to mention the union I was in was not very helpful. I ended up getting employment insurance soon after from CRA. I am about to get a job working the ramp at a major Canadian airport that requires a RAIC to be held. Will being fired have any impact on my application process?

The application process calls for work, education, travel, and living history for the last 5 years. I have no criminal record or affiliations. Since being fired I had also applied to the Armed Forces and their application process asked similar questions in terms of living, work, and travel. No issues there, although I did not make it into the RCAF.

Any insight would be wonderful!
---------- ADS -----------

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Will I be Denied a RAIC

Post by mmm..bacon »

IIRC, they just ask for work history, not why you left any particular job.
What they are trying to determine is if you are a security risk - so if you're 'known to police' or have significant others or close relatives with gang connections, then you might have trouble. Joe Average, you should be OK..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

You mentioned that you had no criminal record so I assume your firing wasn't criminally related either. You should get a raic no problem. Nowhere in the process does it inquire about any reasons you have for leaving jobs that you've held.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

No, after years in the trades I filled 3 pages of job history the last time I applied for one, dozens of companies. They just need to be able to trace your employment history for whatever period it is. They ask for the name and address of every employer, and make sure that for periods that you were unemployed, write the address of where you lived when you were unemployed. There can't be any gaps at all.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Has anyone recently had to deal with getting a police certificate from a foreign country if one has been out of the country more than 6 months as per these requirements for a TSC application ???

https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-servi ... plications

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goingmissed »

Ehvi8 wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:48 pm Hi folks,
Recently I was let go by a previous employer. I was fired with cause and never appealed the decision as this was a temporary job and is not aviation-related. Not to mention the union I was in was not very helpful. I ended up getting employment insurance soon after from CRA. I am about to get a job working the ramp at a major Canadian airport that requires a RAIC to be held. Will being fired have any impact on my application process?

The application process calls for work, education, travel, and living history for the last 5 years. I have no criminal record or affiliations. Since being fired I had also applied to the Armed Forces and their application process asked similar questions in terms of living, work, and travel. No issues there, although I did not make it into the RCAF.

In short, no, being fired is not a concern for your RAIC.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

dhc# wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:34 pm Has anyone recently had to deal with getting a police certificate from a foreign country if one has been out of the country more than 6 months as per these requirements for a TSC application ???

I’ve dealt with security this situation, the answer is that it depends on the country you went to. Some countries (Like Japan, and South Africa), simply do not respond to these requests and you are out of luck. Other countries it’s no problem.

Ehvi8
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ehvi8 »

mmm..bacon wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:52 am IIRC, they just ask for work history, not why you left any particular job.
What they are trying to determine is if you are a security risk - so if you're 'known to police' or have significant others or close relatives with gang connections, then you might have trouble. Joe Average, you should be OK..
Appreciate the reply! Definitely puts my mind at ease. There isn’t too much general information about the RAIC application process, which is fair I guess. :bear:

Ehvi8
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ehvi8 »

goingmissed wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:53 am

In short, no, being fired is not a concern for your RAIC.
Appreciate it!

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

This will not affect your ability to obtain a RAIC, period.

deeCee25
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by deeCee25 »

dhc# wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:34 pm Has anyone recently had to deal with getting a police certificate from a foreign country if one has been out of the country more than 6 months as per these requirements for a TSC application ???

Same situation here. You just have to tell TC what you did in that country for more than 6 months. If you were employed, they will ask for your employment contact and confirm it by email. Police cert should come directly from the country to the TC office they told you to send it. They will not reject it, just ask for extension deadline because police cert from other country takes some time. Mine took 6 months to get approved.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

deeCee25 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:49 am

Same situation here. You just have to tell TC what you did in that country for more than 6 months. If you were employed, they will ask for your employment contact and confirm it by email. Police cert should come directly from the country to the TC office they told you to send it. They will not reject it, just ask for extension deadline because police cert from other country takes some time. Mine took 6 months to get approved.
In my case they were fine with me providing them a police certificate I got from the foreign government. It did not have to be sent to TC directly. They might be picky about the language though, if it is not English or French. A certified translation might be necessary.

This was 5 years ago. Things might have changed.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
BustingBravo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by BustingBravo »

deeCee25 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:49 am

I need to get a Police Clearance from Hong Kong and the HK Police want a letter from TC showing

"For exceptional consideration, you need to provide with us a request letter from a relevant government authority/consulate stating the production of the Certificate is required and the reason. The letter should essentially prove the request of CNCC and that the government authority/consulate is willing to receive the CNCC, which will be directly sent to it. The letter should also contain the postal address of the government authority/consulate as well as the applicant's full name and preferably the case number given."

Is this something TC gives when you apply for the TCS?

Also do you need a Canadian passport or PR card to apply?
Cus I was on a study permit that has now expired... just waiting for my post-graduation work permit to get approved. Until then I know I can work legally on "Implied Status", but I just don't know if I can take up any jobs that require me to get a TSC/RAIC.

Return to “Employment Forum”