Buffalo Airways Boeing 737-300

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Buffalo Airways Boeing 737-300

Post by flyinhigh »

Therewewere wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:11 pm Donald wrote: ↑26 Mar 2022, 10:03
Buffalo should never be allowed to fly passengers, ever.

You sure don't know what you are talking about! BFL has never had ANY passenger fatalities in all its history despite flying many WW2 Transport Aircraft. This can't be said about Air Canada, Canadian, CP air, PWA. BFL has had some incidents sure, but never any fatalities. Besides they fly passengers all the time in their King Airs, B1900, and DHC-6.

If you are going to knock a company at least make an effort to get your facts right!
HAHA, yeah comparing PWA, Canadian, and CP Air to a current King AIr or 1900 is going to change everyone's mind.
---------- ADS -----------

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

If you are going to knock a company at least make an effort to get your facts right!
What "facts" did I get wrong?

JL
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by JL »

Been awfully quiet...anyone seen or heard the aircraft doing work?

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

You sure don't know what you are talking about! BFL has never had ANY passenger fatalities in all its history despite flying many WW2 Transport Aircraft. This can't be said about Air Canada, Canadian, CP air, PWA. BFL has had some incidents sure, but never any fatalities. Besides they fly passengers all the time in their King Airs, B1900, and DHC-6.

Really interest in facts? Here’s a few…..

Canadian had ZERO passenger fatalities from its inception in 1987 to its merger into Air Canada in 2001.

CP Air also had ZERO passenger fatalities. Now …. if you want to go back to the Canadian Pacific days, 1966 was the last passenger fatality. (A DC-8 landing in HND).

Air Canada? Well, that’s a conundrum. They were recently named one of the 10 safest airlines on the earth. How? When they’ve had fatalities. It’s a factor of size. That last fatality was 1983. That’s almost 40 years of flying 600 flights a day, safely.

The bottom line is that the industry in general is very very safe. Far safer than the 60’s. No one says Buffalo isn’t safe. That’s a result of strict oversight and scrutiny and now adjusted regulations.

Let’s face it, the Yellowknife DC-3 crash during scheduled ops didn’t look good. Things like doing a weight and balance after takeoff and not being able to maintain altitude on one engine makes one scratch their head. With new regulations and more powerful aircraft, Buffalo is as safe as any.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

They're still able to find people to work for them?

On another note: Why are we still taking about "gravel kits" in 2022? Every community in the North should have paved runways... especially if "jet service" is warranted.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:31 pm They're still able to find people to work for them?

On another note: Why are we still taking about "gravel kits" in 2022? Every community in the North should have paved runways... especially if "jet service" is warranted.
Have you looked into the price and logistics in paving those strips at all? You may find a reason they are holding on to the mighty 200's so tightly.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:48 pm
RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:31 pm They're still able to find people to work for them?

Have you looked into the price and logistics in paving those strips at all? You may find a reason they are holding on to the mighty 200's so tightly.
It's not my place to figure out price and logistics. We have elected officials for that. We're pissing enough money away [speaking of the government(s)]. Funny enough, USA, Norway and Denmark can build proper strips in the Arctic and we have what? 2 paved runways in Nunavut? (YFB / YRT)?

Crewbunk
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Crewbunk »

RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:18 pm

It's not my place to figure out price and logistics. We have elected officials for that. We're pissing enough money away [speaking of the government(s)]. Funny enough, USA, Norway and Denmark can build proper strips in the Arctic and we have what? 2 paved runways in Nunavut? (YFB / YRT)?
It has nothing to do with money. The remaining gravel strips are gravel because they can not be paved. The land is permafrost moving on top of tundra. Two weeks after being paved it would be gravel again! The land always wins!

The paved strips in Canada’s arctic are on stable land, like Alaska and Scandinavia. I have spent many thousands of hours flying in Canada’s north in 737-200s. Gravel runways are graded weekly. They require a lot of maintenance. Trust me, a paved runway is a breeze compared to gravel.

RoAF-Mig21
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RoAF-Mig21 »

Crewbunk wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:27 pm
RoAF-Mig21 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:18 pm

It has nothing to do with money. The remaining gravel strips are gravel because they can not be paved. The land is permafrost moving on top of tundra. Two weeks after being paved it would be gravel again! The land always wins!

The paved strips in Canada’s arctic are on stable land, like Alaska and Scandinavia. I have spent many thousands of hours flying in Canada’s north in 737-200s. Gravel runways are graded weekly. They require a lot of maintenance. Trust me, a paved runway is a breeze compared to gravel.
Yeah. Me too man. I spet 5 years flying in Nunavut. I've been to every place there except Kimmirut and Grise. So you can build a paved runway in YFB and YRT, but nowhere else in Nunavut (or NWT / Yukon, that doesn't have paved runways)? I think you can build it... It's just not "financially feasable yet..." Those 737-200s can't fly forever. Eventually they'll build it...

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

What ever become of this. Mickey was all over social media a while ago saying its coming.

J31
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by J31 »

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

There is NO aircraft registered as C-FBAE on the transport Canada registry.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Too much money going into feel good projects

ogopogo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogopogo »

godsrcrazy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:47 am
Yes there is... it's a DC-3 (S/N 12591) Owned by Buffalo.

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/2/ ... hSimp.aspx

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

godsrcrazy wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:47 am
https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ion/rowy1e

To be fair, it says DUE, so while it's not listed on the TC registry yet, that's likely the reg that will appear when/if it officially gets registered

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

When will it be delivered.

Return to “General Comments”