Recent SAMRA and SARON exams

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

pilotmb
Rank 0
Rank 0

Recent SAMRA and SARON exams

Post by pilotmb »

Hello everyone!

I am in the process of writing my SAMRA and SARON exams and studying everything that is recommended. Registered for the NIZUS and gotten the Aerocourse books. And went thru all the available resources here at AVCanada.

I am wondering if anyone here has written the exams recently and if they could provide any sort of inputs as to what to expect. Also what were the exam #'s that you wrote. There hasn't been much in terms of update as to if TC has changed their exams recently or are they still using same exams #'s still for SAMRA and SARON?

I am trying to get as much help as I could so that I can get over with this.

Any help is appreciated!

Happy flying!
---------- ADS -----------

yepivedonethat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Recent SAMRA and SARON exams

Post by yepivedonethat »

The Aerocourse question and answer book is what you need. Same style of questions and subject materials that you will see on the actual exams to a tee. Familiarize yourself with the background material from the questions and the exams will be a breeze for you.

PIC26
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by PIC26 »

Anyone write their SAMRA/SARON recently and can share any feedback? Thanks in advance!

cmonvip
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cmonvip »

I wrote SAMRA 14 yesterday and passed with an 85. Exam questions were very similar to aerocourse book and air command weather manual. Lots of fog, air mass, and jet stream questions. Some tricky questions regarding equipment with adsb, mlat, hf, volmet and equipment needed for North Atlantic flight. Overall if you study the material decently you will be fine it wasn't too bad. I wrote SARON 10 in July and passed with a 78, I thought the SARON was harder but I think I'm in the minority when I say that

cfjoepilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cfjoepilot »

looking for the same if anyone has intel!

mdenizayvaz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mdenizayvaz »

cfjoepilot wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:20 am looking for the same if anyone has intel!
me too

mdenizayvaz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mdenizayvaz »

I passed Saron yesterday,
it was saron 7. Lots of graphic calculation questions.

muriukis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by muriukis »

Hello
I'm looking for study material for my ATPL conversion SARON, INRAT & SAMRA.
my exams are in two weeks. please advise you can text me on +14699200093

josejimenes33
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by josejimenes33 »

Hi guys,
Writing SARON and SAMRA in a week in Dorval, do you have any recent intel, what exam numbers did you get and any remembered question?
Best,
Jose

Spuds
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Spuds »

Also looking for intel…

Cheers!

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

josejimenes33 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:28 pm Hi guys,
Writing SARON and SAMRA in a week in Dorval, do you have any recent intel, what exam numbers did you get and any remembered question?
Best,
Jose
I have never quite understood why people ask which exam numbers they got. Is there a secret list of exam numbers and a bunch of questions that people have banked and linked to certain exam numbers? And if that is the case, is it even possible to know which exam number you are going to get?

As far as I knew, they were all random, no matter where you went, except you are likely not going to get a chart from Ontario if you take the exam in Ontario on a CPAER or others that give out charts.

Now, I can understand people coming on here asking what the best study material is, or the focus of the questions as a whole, but to try and narrow it down by exam #... I don't get it. What am I missing?

To give tips to anyone writing, go over the Aerocourse workbook (in detail) from front to back, twice, and you should be fine. It should take you 20-30 hours.

Return to “Flight Training”