Highest Paid Corporate pilots in Canada?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Highest Paid Corporate pilots in Canada?

Post by Dronepiper »

Who are some of the highest paid corporate pilots in Canada? I am guessing places like Scotiabank and Barrick Gold?

Side note: I wonder how much Donald Trump’s personal Pilots make.
---------- ADS -----------

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Highest Paid Corporate pilots in Canada?

Post by 780Pilot »

Sobeys, McCain Foods, Shaw are a few I know that pay north of 225k and you only work a few days a month. Guys fly into their 70s there so postings aren’t common to say the least.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Not scotia or barrick

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Dronepiper »

JHR wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:43 am Not scotia or barrick
Lol ok then where? What numbers are we talking?

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

A little bit of thread drift here.I am the lowest.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

The first rule of Corporate Flight Club...

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

The ones who've left and now work in the USA?

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
big_sky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by big_sky »

There are Global guys in YYZ making 250K+

Liftdump
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Liftdump »

Perfect,so they should be.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

big_sky wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:08 am There are Global guys in YYZ making 250K+

And in CYUL. :-)

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

Here is a little pay comparison I posted in another forum.

As you can see Canadian pilots are severely underpaid in all sectors of aviation.

Here is the first officer pay scale for as advertised by Air Sprint and Flexjet for a first year Legacy/Praetor co pilot.
16 day schedule per month on same type of aircraft doing same job.

Year 1 first officer
Air Sprint $55,000
Flexjet $108,038. US$ plus average 8% bonus per year.

Year 5 first officer
AirSprint. $65,000
Flexjet. $121,597 US$ plus average 8% bonus per year.

Even without converting the US to Canadian dollars ( 1.25 ) you have a serious pay difference.
I did not consider the soft money of 12+ hour duty bonus rate of $70 per hour for FO's and $156 /hour for Captains at Flexjet.

Now we go to Captain pay on the Legacy/Praetor comparison.
16 days work per month

Year 5 with the company Captain pay
Air Sprint $ 120,000
Flexjet. $ 190,490 US$ plus 16% bonus per year

Year 10
Air Sprint. $ 130,000
Flexjet $ 223,523 US$ plus 16% bonus per year

Year 20
Airsprint. $ 150,000
Flexjet. $ 288,697 US$ plus 16% bonus per year. Flexjet year 18 pay is maximum then you just get an extra 3.5% anniversary bonus after that.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

Can't compare Flexjet to Air Sprint...

Flexjet is one of the best paying fractional operator if not the best... There are plenty of corporate pilots in the USA that don't even come close to those salaries.

And the fact they get paid in US dollar is irrelevant too... are you going to compare Canadian salaries to UK pilots that get paid in British Pounds or Germans that get paid in Euros? You have to take the salaries for each country at face value.

Last edited by Jet Jockey on Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Jet Jockey wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:08 pm Can't compare Flexjet to Air Sprint...

Flexjet is one of the best paying fractional operator if not the best... There are plenty of corporate pilots in the USA that don't even come close to those salaries.

And the fact they get paid in US dollar is irrelevant too... are you going to compare Canadian salaries to UK pilots that get paid in British Pounds or Germans that get paid in Euros? You have to take the salaries for each country it at face value.
With that said, you have to admit that there is a wage disparity none the less and it’s staggering!

TPC

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Jet Jockey wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:08 pm Can't compare Flexjet to Air Sprint...

And the fact they get paid in US dollar is irrelevant too... are you going to compare Canadian salaries to UK pilots that get paid in British Pounds or Germans that get paid in Euros? You have to take the salaries for each country at face value.
I make the same argument, only applies if you can live here and commute into there.

That being said to settle the argument, Netjets has the best fractional WAWCON, but Flexjet has the faster upgrade times. Netjets has a pilot union while Flexjet is teamster. Netjets also has 2,300 pilots and nearly 600 tails (I've heard 510 to 700), Flexjet is well under half that. I'm spitballing from my research, so sorry for the rough numbers. Netjets has a huge financial might with Buffett.

Both companies are massive compared to Air Sprint with a broader market and a legacy network of international carrier WAWCONS to compete for talent which drives the very liveable wages. Air Sprint only has to compete for talent against Air Canada and I guess...Westjet/Swoop.

Neither will hire Canadians without a work visa.

Last edited by schnitzel2k3 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

AirSprint and Flexjet are not corporate, they are more akin to regional’s flying biz jets. They work long duty days every day of their schedule, and are not backed by any sort of legal union to fight for a better or more secure future. While I can’t speak for Flexjet guys as they seem reasonably content (at least the ones I’ve met), there isn’t sprint pilot who isn’t looking for a ‘legacy’ corporate gig or considering another line of work.

YC87DRVR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by YC87DRVR »

As Canadian aviators we’re so far behind the Americans at this point it’s a complete waste of time comparing a Canadian operator to an American. Whether is be corporate, cargo or airlines. As an example you can take the pay scales of Southwest to Westjet, SW pays more than double. Air Canada to American, double. Cargojet to FedEx, triple maybe even quadruple. There is obviously massive differences in scope with all these operators, but relatively speaking we don’t come close.

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

Minimums wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:31 am

AirSprint and Flexjet are not corporate, they are more akin to regional’s flying biz jets. They work long duty days every day of their schedule, and are not backed by any sort of legal union to fight for a better or more secure future. While I can’t speak for Flexjet guys as they seem reasonably content (at least the ones I’ve met), there isn’t sprint pilot who isn’t looking for a ‘legacy’ corporate gig or considering another line of work.
That's interesting, I thought AirSprint pilots had a pretty good gig.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Garbage. Shit pay. Too much flying

skybluetrek
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skybluetrek »

JHR wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:38 am Garbage. Shit pay. Too much flying
Good to know.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

JHR wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:38 am Garbage. Shit pay. Too much flying

Two ways of seeing this... Perhaps Air Sprint is a stepping stone to other and betters aviation gigs in the future, a place where very low time pilots can get some experience before moving on or you can perhaps compare them to a LCC like Westjet used to be.

Return to “General Comments”