US Regional Pay

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

DHC-1 Jockey
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: US Regional Pay

Post by DHC-1 Jockey »

lownslow wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:18 am Probably not, more likely we’ll see TFWs flying here I figure.
Rumour at Sunwing is that they’ll be hiring TFW’s due to not being able to retain and train enough people for this winter’s full-scale operations.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 8895 »

Canada really needs to realize that having an open border policy and allowing so many people to move/work here so easily, combined with how terrible/lacklustre our economy is, will continue to suppress wages in nearly every industry.

Just a matter of supply and demand. A salary is a yearly market price for an employee.

But hey, at least Trudaddy can feel good about how “inclusive” he is and virtue signal this country even further into the ground :rolleyes:

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

8895 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:58 am Canada really needs to realize that having an open border policy and allowing so many people to move/work here so easily, combined with how terrible/lacklustre our economy is, will continue to suppress wages in nearly every industry.
Isn't that the point, though? I get a laugh out of people slamming the Liberals as being 'far left' - those people obviously haven't heard the saying: "Liberal, Tory, same old story." The Liberals run to the left, and then govern from the right. In this case, by allowing TFWs, they will actively be suppressing the wages of Canadian workers.

On a related issue - that of cross-border pilot mobility - I'm sure that the issue is on the radar in Ottawa, and equally as sure that the government is working behind the scenes to prevent it from happening!

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

DHC-1 Jockey wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:17 pm
lownslow wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:18 am Probably not, more likely we’ll see TFWs flying here I figure.
Rumour at Sunwing is that they’ll be hiring TFW’s due to not being able to retain and train enough people for this winter’s full-scale operations.
I know of 11 qualified pilots needing a bit of sim retraining to operate sunwing aircraft, but they were terminated 2 months prior to the vax policies being rescinded.

That would cover about 10% of the company's needs right there.

Hey, aren't we glad WG got to participate in YYZ pride parade tho? So epic!

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Didn’t realize any airlines had actually terminated any anti vaxxers. I know Jazz/AC still has their antvaxxers on unpaid leave, pending review of the recent changes

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”