USA--Mask Mandate no Longer in Effect

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: USA--Mask Mandate no Longer in Effect

Post by Inverted2 »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:08 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:05 pm Statistically we should all be dead like 5 times by now right?
Nah, only the antivaxxer dicks, which is perfectly fine by me.
I know many non vaccinated people who are doing just fine. Why are 85% of the hospitalization cases in fully vaccinated then?
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:32 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:08 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:05 pm Statistically we should all be dead like 5 times by now right?
Nah, only the antivaxxer dicks, which is perfectly fine by me.
I know many non vaccinated people who are doing just fine. Why are 85% of the hospitalization cases in fully vaccinated then?
No point trying to rationalize with the type of people who think Dr fauci "is the science"

You are arguing with a cult.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Not sure where you're getting that info from or what it's showing. According to Health Canada, in the past month the risk of hospitalization is 7x higher for unvaccinated vs vaccinated with booster, and death is 11x higher for unvaccinated.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:35 pm

No point trying to rationalize with the type of people who think Dr fauci "is the science"
Where exactly did I say that? Did you perhaps not notice the study I posted (which you yourself posted a pic from). I'm pretty sure it wasn't Fauci.
You are arguing with a cult.
Yeah, I think I am.

BigQ
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BigQ »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Not sure where you're getting that info from or what it's showing. According to Health Canada, in the past month the risk of hospitalization is 7x higher for unvaccinated vs vaccinated with booster, and death is 11x higher for unvaccinated.
Source? I just saw the other day that vaccination has 0 effect on hospitalizations and deaths. As in, with 10% of the pop still unvaccinated, 10% of cases hospitalized are unvaccinated. Then again, that might've been CDC data from the US and there is a special difference between the unvaccinated in Canada and the US, don't know.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

BigQ wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:37 pm
Source?
https://health-infobase.canada.ca/src/d ... ada.ca.pdf

Table 3
I just saw the other day that vaccination has 0 effect on hospitalizations and deaths.
Source?

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

BigQ wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:37 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Source? I just saw the other day that vaccination has 0 effect on hospitalizations and deaths. As in, with 10% of the pop still unvaccinated, 10% of cases hospitalized are unvaccinated. Then again, that might've been CDC data from the US and there is a special difference between the unvaccinated in Canada and the US, don't know.
This is because when 95 percent of the population is at an extremely low risk to hospitalization because of the disease and taking the vaccine makes zero difference in outcome.
Then the other 5 percent are either people who will be hospitalized whether or not they get the vaccine, as their health and age put them at higher risk.
The last small percentage are people where the vaccine makes the difference.

So its no wonder the data presents as the vaccines don't do all that much.

But we do have healthy 20 year old covidians who get covid and say "thank the purple hair dyed somewhat overweight SJW god I pray to that I got fully vaccinated AND BOOSTED or else clearly I would have been hospitalized and possibly die". And don't dare ask how they have been wearing a mask religiously all this time yet still got covid.

The vaccine was important for those on the fence. It will save a small percentage of lives and that's great. Doesn't mean every living person should be mandated to take the shot.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:36 pm
This is because when 95 percent of the population is at an extremely low risk to hospitalization because of the disease and taking the vaccine makes zero difference in outcome.
Then the other 5 percent are either people who will be hospitalized whether or not they get the vaccine, as their health and age put them at higher risk.
The last small percentage are people where the vaccine makes the difference.

So its no wonder the data presents as the vaccines don't do all that much.

But we do have healthy 20 year old covidians who get covid and say "thank the purple hair dyed somewhat overweight SJW god I pray to that I got fully vaccinated AND BOOSTED or else clearly I would have been hospitalized and possibly die". And don't dare ask how they have been wearing a mask religiously all this time yet still got covid.

The vaccine was important for those on the fence. It will save a small percentage of lives and that's great. Doesn't mean every living person should be mandated to take the shot.
Nope, as shown above youre full of crap. Or perhaps covid just affected your ability to read and understand basic concepts.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Are you asserting that everyone, regardless of age and other health factors is at a high risk of a severe outcome? What percentage of people do you think have severe outcome from SARS-CoV-2?

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

altiplano wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 pm Are you asserting that everyone, regardless of age and other health factors is at a high risk of a severe outcome? What percentage of people do you think have severe outcome from SARS-CoV-2?
I can explain it.

This is the new normal of mathematics:
https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-des ... reddit.com

"There is a movement to say math should be not about getting the right answer, but more about social and emotional response,"

"It doesn't matter how you feel about the math problem," DeSantis said. "It matters whether you can solve the math problem."

Looks like everyone is using these new texts books thinking their methods of logic and statistics based on feelings is how to handle a pandemic response. Since captain crunch feels like young healthy people are at risk of hospitalization based on his new age mathematician manuals, he then arrived at how important Covid vaccines must be for 20 year olds.

So of course he would call a healthy 20 year old who decides they don’t want to take a vaccine that the experts can’t even agree how many doses should be required to call someone vaccinated, an antivaxxer and a dick.
CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:08 pm Nah, only the antivaxxer dicks, which is perfectly fine by me.
How completely idiotic.

Last edited by WellThatAgedWell on Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

altiplano wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:37 pm Are you asserting that everyone, regardless of age and other health factors is at a high risk of a severe outcome? What percentage of people do you think have severe outcome from SARS-CoV-2?
Who exactly are you talking to here? (It doesn't appear to be me, as I never asserted that or even implied it).

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Yesterday's count:

Out of 143 pax, 3 were masked. A reminder that mask policy revolved around the fringe minority, as did covid policy and the associated statistics.
Our airline sent us a memo before the ink dried on the ruling. The crew areas were instantly unmasked.
We had a great "first day back," with upbeat flight crews. It was great to see smiling again. We were denied normal human interaction for two years, so yesterday was a happy and important day.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:28 pm
Who exactly are you talking to here? (It doesn't appear to be me, as I never asserted that or even implied it).
That's why I'm asking you. What exactly are you saying when someone makes a statement like -

"95 percent of the population is at an extremely low risk to hospitalization because of the disease...'

and you respond -
"youre full of crap. Or perhaps covid just affected your ability to read and understand basic concepts."

So what are you saying he's full of crap about?

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:39 am Yesterday's count:

Out of 143 pax, 3 were masked. A reminder that mask policy revolved around the fringe minority, as did covid policy and the associated statistics.
Our airline sent us a memo before the ink dried on the ruling. The crew areas were instantly unmasked.
We had a great "first day back," with upbeat flight crews. It was great to see smiling again. We were denied normal human interaction for two years, so yesterday was a happy and important day.
So your clearly not a Canadian air carrier, all rules still apply within Canada and for passenger flights inbound to Canada. I would hope you support your cabin crews as there are faced with potentially confrontational situations.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

They should put The Honourable Omar Alghabra on some flights to enforce mask mandates.

Since when was it a flight attendants job to enforce face decorations.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

altiplano wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:48 am
So what are you saying he's full of crap about?
"vaccines don't do all that much."
" It will save a small percentage of lives"

I thought that was obvious, since we were just talking about it and I'd posted evidence, which he/she/they ignored.

Tolip
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tolip »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:29 pm
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:06 pm Because everyone thinks the policy is garbage except for the 10 percent.
Which 10% is this, and what evidence shows that mask policy in planes is "garbage"? I just found this modelling study:

https://academic.oup.com/jtm/article/28 ... #323094874

It found that surgical masks (65.6% efficiency) reduced the chance of catching covid from a passenger next to you on a 12 hour flight from 99.6% to 48%.
So then let's say this article is right.. if wearing the mask reduces your risk that much... then wear one? No one is stopping you. But why make everyone else? I've gotten Covid twice now, both times from dead heading on full flight. Everyone was masked, everyone was fully vaxxed. Nothing will protect you from getting it forever. Not a mask, not a 5th shot of vax, nothing. Let's all just acknowledge that covid isn't that big of a deal, get it. And move on. I guarantee our spineless leadership in this country will do what they ALWAYS do, which is wait a month and then do exactly what the US does. Copy and paste. By May 20th Canada will lift our mask.mandate. that's my guess. USA ditched them, the UK ditched them, canada will do the same.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

ReserveTank wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:39 am Yesterday's count:

No, not really. I was flying BA a few weeks ago after they removed their mask policy, and most people were still wearing masks. I think it should be up to the passengers. It was a little annoying an unnecessary wearing a mask for 8 hours in a WJ business class pod, and in the Elevation lounge, but in the cramped Q400 sardine tin full of coughing people coming back from Mexico and someone who threw up all over his seatmate's legs before takeoff, it's perhaps a useful tool to avoid getting sick.

I wore a mask anyway on BA even though I didn't have to as [1] if I caught COVID I wouldn't have been able to see my mother for the first time in 2.5 years and [2] if I caught COVID I would have been stuck in limbo for 10 days and not been able to come back to Canada.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:12 am They should put The Honourable Omar Alghabra on some flights to enforce mask mandates.

Owing to the of requirement of a Federally regulated industry the cabin crew become the "point people" insuring compliance and therefore at risk of confrontation from those who might choose to be "a pill". As a Skipper I will fully support my cabin crew in their efforts. All non-compliance will be meet with removal from the flight prior to departure or a great by local law enforcement on arrival.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Loon-A-Tic wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:10 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:12 am They should put The Honourable Omar Alghabra on some flights to enforce mask mandates.

Owing to the of requirement of a Federally regulated industry the cabin crew become the "point people" insuring compliance and therefore at risk of confrontation from those who might choose to be "a pill". As a Skipper I will fully support my cabin crew in their efforts. All non-compliance will be meet with removal from the flight prior to departure or a great by local law enforcement on arrival.
That’s great, it’s important to do your job.

The government on the other hand… it’s the same government that takes 15 months to approve a medical that’s put mandatory masking in place. Incompetent people making incompetent policies.

Return to “Covid”