TC FLVC record..

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Canexpo
Rank 0
Rank 0

TC FLVC record..

Post by Canexpo »

Good day,
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction, in 2008 I did some hour building at centennial with an icao PPL and Canadian issued FLVC, I need a copy of that FLVC, I do have a valid licence file at TC with the licence number from 2008, is it easier or even possible to get some document from the flight school verifying my hours there? Or can I get a copy from transport Canada somehow.

Thanks in advance
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: TC FLVC record..

Post by photofly »

Canexpo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:52 am Good day,
I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction, in 2008 I did some hour building at centennial with an icao PPL and Canadian issued FLVC, I need a copy of that FLVC,
That would have to come from TC, but it's unlikely they have a process for issuing duplicates of expired documents. This website is clearly the wrong place to ask about that, though.
I do have a valid licence file at TC with the licence number from 2008,
You can make a federal A2I request ($5) for your personal file. Expect it to take about a year to arrive. It would likely include the details of your having requested and been issued an FLVC.
is it easier or even possible to get some document from the flight school verifying my hours there?
Only the flight school can answer that. If they had computerized records that far back, possibly. Otherwise, it's stunningly unlikely they will be able or interested to dig out paper records from more than a decade ago. There's no legal obligation for them to keep documents that long and it's probably a huge amount of time and effort for them to locate and search through what they might have (invoices? Old Journey Logs?) for your convenience for no reward.

Can you specify the exact days and times you flew, and with whom, and in what aircraft, for them to look up? Presumably not, because those are the records you're looking for. But without that information how can anyone spot your flights among the dozens each day, seven days a week, for the months or years you were a customer?
Or can I get a copy from transport Canada somehow.
Transport wouldn't get or keep a record of your hours flown.

If you're trying to prove your hours towards some licence or rating, there's a procedure acceptable to TC where you swear an affidavit. There's a template somewhere on the TC website. Whether anyone else will accept it is up to them.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Canexpo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Canexpo »

Thanks for that, I do have records it’s just proving I had that cert issued by TC so I’ll have a look into it.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Read this topic. That referenced service will show you a record that you held an FLVC viewtopic.php?t=156835

Why do you need the logbook records certified? Who is asking for that?

TC doesn't (shouldn't) care about that anymore. Just sign them yourself "I certify these records are true"

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Float_lover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Float_lover »

What is FLVC standing for?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Float_lover wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:49 am What is FLVC standing for?
Foreign Licence Validation Certificate I believe

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “Flight Training”