Skeena GA Community Search - Terrace/Kitimat/Prince Rupert

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

dprobe
Rank 0
Rank 0

Skeena GA Community Search - Terrace/Kitimat/Prince Rupert

Post by dprobe »

Hey Everyone!

I have relocated to Terrace BC and while the days for VFR flying seem to be limited they show up enough that I want to continue flying! I am hoping that someone knows of some GA community out here, I would love to continue flight training and/or general hobby flying. If anyone knows of a CFI up here for a float rating, or a commercial license, or someone looking to rent out their GA Aircraft please let me know!

thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

muskox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Skeena GA Community Search - Terrace/Kitimat/Prince Rupert

Post by muskox »

Hi I live in Prince Rupert. Don't know about Terrace but honestly there is not much for GA here- I've been looking for a rental/trainer for ages and it's nearly nonexistent. The terrain and weather also presents a few challenges especially with insurance. If you make your way down to Seal Cove to Inland Air, talk to Shane about possibly renting. We had a couple smaller floatplanes hanging out on the tarmac not being flown very much, owned by some randoms- they may be able to get you in touch with the owners of the planes to arrange some time. (Don't go for the red one) Potentially you can also look at Haida Gwaii- I know that some of the search and rescue guys had Cessnas that needed some work and were willing to trade flying time for maintenance. Stuff like painting, cleaning, etc. Good luck and safe flights.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “Flight Training”