Sault aviation, Confed, or Seneca?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Martindubravsky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sault aviation, Confed, or Seneca?

Post by Martindubravsky »

Hello, I am currently a grade 11 student in Ontario who is passionate about aviation and has a goal to make it to commercial airlines. I have been researching different flight colleges and schools for the past year and have been trying to find the best one for me. I am expecting to have average grades of around the high 80's and am wondering if that would get me into the programs. I am mostly focused on Confed, as it is a short program, and is much better than sault from what I have heard.

I expect to live on residence, and if you do have any recommendations for other schools, they must have subsidized flight training (Which is why I am comparing Sault Confed and Seneca).

Also, private flight training is not an option for me.

My questions are.

1: Am I able to get into the programs with these marks?
2: Which program is the best if I want to go into Commercial Aviation?
3: Are there any other subsidized programs that would be good for me?

Thank you.
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Sault aviation, Confed, or Seneca?

Post by Bede »

1. Yes.
2. Depends what you want. Get a quick start in aviation? Confed, but you'll need to get your instrument rating on your own dime.
3. Not in Ontario.

Lots of info on this site about these programs.

One thing to consider is college vs. private. College will still set you back $20k-$50k. If you do it privately, you can do it in $50k-$60k. When you add in the cost of living somewhere else and the delay in getting working, it probably adds up to similar numbers.

Just food for thought.

Martindubravsky
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bede wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:24 pm 1. Yes.
2. Depends what you want. Get a quick start in aviation? Confed, but you'll need to get your instrument rating on your own dime.
3. Not in Ontario.

Lots of info on this site about these programs.

One thing to consider is college vs. private. College will still set you back $20k-$50k. If you do it privately, you can do it in $50k-$60k. When you add in the cost of living somewhere else and the delay in getting working, it probably adds up to similar numbers.

Just food for thought.
Okay thank you for the reply, I would love to do private flight training, but at this time I do not have the funds for it. I will look into it more, but at this time it is not an option. As for Confed, it has been my number one option so at this time it seems like best option.

ChrisB
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ChrisB »

Confed is probably your best option. Anything over 80% will normally get you in to all programs, not sure how things look during covid. Start gliding if youre near a club or take an intro at a local flight school if you haven't already.

Martindubravsky
Rank 0
Rank 0

ChrisB wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:22 pm Confed is probably your best option. Anything over 80% will normally get you in to all programs, not sure how things look during covid. Start gliding if youre near a club or take an intro at a local flight school if you haven't already.
Okay thank you for your reply, I've numerous intro flights, but I do not think there are any gliding clubs near me.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Lots of opinions on schools here. Just use the search function.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Martindubravsky
Rank 0
Rank 0

JasonE wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:34 am Lots of opinions on schools here. Just use the search function.

Last edited by Martindubravsky on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Martindubravsky wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:49 pm
JasonE wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:34 am Lots of opinions on schools here. Just use the search function.
If you were to read the topic of my forum post, you would have noticed that I am comparing three specific different schools. These three choices were made because they are the only three schools that offer subsidized flight training. As you mentioned, I have used the search function to come to these three choices. Thanks for the tip though, your reply was unnecessary.
Chill. He was just telling you that there's lots of info on this site. Your question comes up almost monthly on this site so if you want more info than the direct responses to your thread, you know where to look.

Josh_Masse
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Josh_Masse »

For question 1, Yes you can make it in with those marks, 80 and higher is better and will give you a higher chance.
For question 2, Sault Aviation is the best for commercial aviation because it is just better.
For question 3, The best subsidized is run by Jan and Andrea at Sault.
I highly suggest private flight training as it is a good option
Living on residence is not allowed BTW!

Return to “Flight Training”