WTH is this job ad all about??

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

WTH is this job ad all about??

Post by Bede »

Centennial Flight Centre is looking for a Class 1 Flight Instructor with the following requirements
- 5,000 Instructing Hours
- 1,000 Multi Engine IFR Training Hours
- Provide own Twin Engine Aircraft for training use
- Fluent in Spanish would be considered an asset

Submit Applications to Justyse@centennial.ca

http://avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=157169
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: WTH is this job ad all about??

Post by photofly »

Perhaps they’re trying to get a work permit for someone’s foreign (Spanish, perhaps?) cousin by demonstrating that since they received no applications, no Canadian meets the prerequisites for a (possibly fictious) job opening?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

How would someone without a Canadian work permit manage to get a class 1 instructor rating though?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Float_lover
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Float_lover »

digits_ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:09 am How would someone without a Canadian work permit manage to get a class 1 instructor rating though?
you convert it.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

The Spanish requirements aren’t as interesting as the bring your own multi engine plane to do the training on.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Float_lover wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:39 am
digits_ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:09 am How would someone without a Canadian work permit manage to get a class 1 instructor rating though?
you convert it.
As far as I know, you can't. Any non-canadian FI rating gets you credits towards your class 4, but you can't actually convert it.

There is a provision in the CARs for contracted states, but Canada has no contracts for Flight Instructor ratings.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

The ad seems to indicate someone in charge of hiring who a) has no clue, b) is a shyster, or c) both.

One would think that it should be two separate ads, one for an experienced class 1 instructor who can speak Spanish and an ad looking to buy or lease a training twin.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

digits_ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:53 am There is a provision in the CARs for contracted states, but Canada has no contracts for Flight Instructor ratings.
Uh...I think that's contracting states as in states that are part of ICAO: https://www.icao.int/about-icao/pages/m ... tates.aspx - states that contract to the Convention - not states that have a contract with Canada. But I think you're right, you can't convert a foreign instructor rating.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

photofly wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:34 pm
digits_ wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:53 am There is a provision in the CARs for contracted states, but Canada has no contracts for Flight Instructor ratings.
Uh...I think that's contracting states as in states that are part of ICAO: https://www.icao.int/about-icao/pages/m ... tates.aspx - states that contract to the Convention - not states that have a contract with Canada. But I think you're right, you can't convert a foreign instructor rating.
I agree that's what it should be or sounds like, but I had it confirmed by TC that there are no contracting states for flight instructor rating conversions. Every section in the CARs that use the term 'contracting state', has their own separate list apparently.

That info is about 10 years old, but I don't think anything changed in that regards.

I can forward you the email if you PM me your email.

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

Looks like someone trying to get an LMIA to extend someone's work permit IMO...

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentr ... 163&top=17

Return to “Flight Training”