Reciprocal Pilot on AT?

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Sir Dixon Kipling
Rank 0
Rank 0

Reciprocal Pilot on AT?

Post by Sir Dixon Kipling »

Good Morning Air Transat pilots;
I am hoping to avail myself of the Reciprocal Pilot Agreement on your fine airline later this month.
Is it as simple as walking up to the counter and introducing myself as a WJ pilot and asking for a ride?
This is what our union information says. I hope it’s as easy as it seems.
Any hints or restrictions? Dress code? Jeans and a sweater?
Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Reciprocal Pilot on AT?

Post by flying4dollars »

I've jump seated with them before. Go up to the check in counter, show your ID and request to list on the flight you want. You'll get a standby boarding pass to get through security. Seat assignment happens at the gate. You'll be taken down early to get the captain's approval and you're basically all set. Your agreement should outline the dress code but I think it should be pretty obvious how we should be dressed when jumping on other airlines.

Transat crew was fantastic. Used them twice and were terrific both flights. I think I may have had the best treatment from them than any other's I've flown anywhere in the world,

Sir Dixon Kipling
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Sir Dixon Kipling »

Thank you very much . I’m looking forward to it.
I’m with you…it should be painfully obvious what to wear , but often enough it isn’t.

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by gustind »

flying4dollars wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:32 pm Your agreement should outline the dress code but I think it should be pretty obvious how we should be dressed when jumping on other airlines.
Jeans and a semi-decent shirt are good enough.

Daniel Gustin
TFTMB heavy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by TFTMB heavy »

Bring your RAIC and licence too pop in the cockpit for a quick hi and thanks.

1000tolevel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 1000tolevel »

The best part about Recip JS on Transat is that it’s free. Ottawa doesn’t charge an arm and a leg for something that should be free. I don’t know how we still get away with, but might as well take advantage of it.
FYI, we do YUL/YYZ to YVR/YYC almost daily.

tango308
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tango308 »

Similarly every time I've had Transat pilots jumpseating on my aircraft they are always the friendliest and most polite. They will always pop-in up front to express their gratitude and have a little chat (time-permitting of course). Cheers to them!

mijbil
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mijbil »

flying4dollars wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:32 pm I've jump seated with them before. Go up to the check in counter, show your ID and request to list on the flight you want. You'll get a standby boarding pass to get through security. Seat assignment happens at the gate. You'll be taken down early to get the captain's approval and you're basically all set. Your agreement should outline the dress code but I think it should be pretty obvious how we should be dressed when jumping on other airlines.

Transat crew was fantastic. Used them twice and were terrific both flights. I think I may have had the best treatment from them than any other's I've flown anywhere in the world,
We deadheaded on AT the other day out of VRA back to YYZ. I was really really impressed. We were parked at the top of the gate all in uniform - being Cuba it just makes it easier - and the CSM came up and quietly said to me and the other guy "We will be seating you in Club class". Boarded up early, went and had a good chat with the two up front, did a quick change out of the shirts with the bars on them and fully enjoyed the AT hospitality.

Kudos to AT for going out of their way to take care of us. It was a great way to end off the pairing.

safetyfirst123
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by safetyfirst123 »

Air Transat is a classy airline, and it extends from their corporate culture to their crew. We all need them around to raise the bar!

Return to “Air Transat”