Chief Pilot asked another airline to delay hiring me due to shortage?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Chief Pilot asked another airline to delay hiring me due to shortage?

Post by digits_ »

oakmoss1889 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:57 pm
lownslow wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:44 pm I kind of think a lot of people are sewering themselves in interviews too, but if you can blame someone else it saves the trouble of having to improve AND you get a fun victim story to tell.
Heard first hand account of a pilot at "company A" get hired at "company B". Pilot tells CP of company A he is resigning. Next thing he knows he gets a call back from company B saying they are postponing his groundschool date at the request of CP, because CP called company B and said they "couldnt afford to lose him now".

Also if they tanked the interview why would they make it to the refference stage?
I would take month of unpaid vacation before going along with a scheme like that. You'd also likely qualify for EI if the delay is longer than 2 weeks.
---------- ADS -----------

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

digits_ wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:29 pm
oakmoss1889 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:57 pm
lownslow wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:44 pm I kind of think a lot of people are sewering themselves in interviews too, but if you can blame someone else it saves the trouble of having to improve AND you get a fun victim story to tell.
Heard first hand account of a pilot at "company A" get hired at "company B". Pilot tells CP of company A he is resigning. Next thing he knows he gets a call back from company B saying they are postponing his groundschool date at the request of CP, because CP called company B and said they "couldnt afford to lose him now".

Also if they tanked the interview why would they make it to the refference stage?
I would take month of unpaid vacation before going along with a scheme like that. You'd also likely qualify for EI if the delay is longer than 2 weeks.
Exactly. Job offers are coming quick these days. I literally quit my job and took off to the Philippines with my wife for 40 days. I have two interviews and two conditional offers lined up already

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I didn’t say it never happened and if you read the thread you would have seen the part where I admitted to being complicit in this.
oakmoss1889 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:57 pm Also if they tanked the interview why would they make it to the refference stage?
This part is a lot sloppier than most people think, especially when the hiring machine is running wide open. Many companies farm out their reference calls and I hate it. These subcontractors seem to work at their own pace and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re given a call list before interviews even happen in the hopes that they’ll check references and report back before the decision to hire is made. The worst case I heard was a candidate being removed from a groundschool as it was happening due to a bad reference.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

digits_ wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:32 am You're not some piece of cattle
Cough cough.

Bang on your stall with a hoof when you're ready to give me the next belly laugh.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

photofly wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:09 am
digits_ wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:32 am You're not some piece of cattle
Cough cough.

Bang on your stall with a hoof when you're ready to give me the next belly laugh.
Let me rewrite it: You can choose to not be a piece of cattle.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

cncpc wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:27 am I'm not sure where you came up with that. The conduct needs to be "tortious", but not illegal. Fraud is the only crime/tort that bears the same name, although any victim of a crime also has civil law recourse. Criminal assault can also be the basis of a civil claim, for example.
I think you're confusing criminal with illegal. They are similar, but not synonymous.
The tort of intentional interference with economic relations has three elements:

The defendant must have intended to injure the plaintiff’s economic interests.
The interference must have been by illegal or unlawful means.
The plaintiff must have suffered economic harm or loss as a result.
https://www.osler.com/en/resources/regu ... a%20result.

Return to “General Comments”