Pearson Airport Delays.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Pearson Airport Delays.

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/travel ... -1.6456655

(Trudeau was asked for comment, just as he was boarding his private jet on the way to surfing in Tofino. “We are following the science! Through the sacrifices of brave Canadians, the Liberal Party will survive, thrive and be re elected with a majority this time!” —— He proudly proclaimed.) :lol: :prayer: :roll:

—————————————————-

In a statement issued to CBC News, a spokesperson for Transportation Minister Omar Alghabra said the government is trying to address the delays.

The statement pushed back on a rumour, posted on Twitter, that the federal government asked airlines to reduce their schedules in response to the congestion.

"We can confirm that our Government has never asked, and will not be asking, airlines to cut back on their flight schedules," it said.

Ok — But here comes the quoted experts instead —- governments must listen to them, right?

“John Gradek, a lecturer at McGill University's school of aviation management, said airlines have to account for the passenger volumes airports can handle and make adjustments to their flight schedules.”

MY Comment. —- This is all CATSA.

As I've said before, and I’ve travelled to a LOT of countries in my time. 45 -50 +

CATSA easily ranks among the very worst, least professional, slowest, inefficient border security agency I’ve personally ever seen. Management obviously doesn’t care, why would their front line workers?

Seen better trained security staff at the mall.
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by rookiepilot on Tue May 17, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Pearson Airport Delays.

Post by jpilot77 »

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinio ... n-the-air/

Pre pandemic it used to take customs 30 seconds on average to screen a passenger. Now 2 minutes due to all the Covid protocols.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Ukrainian refugees are exempt from Covid vaccine to enter and leave Canada, but JT thinks it’s good policy to harass even fully vaccinated Canadians each time they cross the border.

How much Covid spread are we stopping with these airport policies? Seems like a complete waste of time and resources.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:13 pm harass
2 minutes of harassment?

I'm not sure why it supposedly takes 4x longer. It's all already in arrivecan anyway.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:35 pm
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:13 pm harass
2 minutes of harassment?

I'm not sure why it supposedly takes 4x longer. It's all already in arrivecan anyway.
No one even asked to see my arrivecan qr code. They just sent me for “random covid testing”

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

What happens if you refuse the random test? Do they send you back to where you came from?

Do they also treat the corporate jet passengers the same and subject them to random testing and time wasting?

780Pilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by 780Pilot »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:11 pm What happens if you refuse the random test? Do they send you back to where you came from?

Do they also treat the corporate jet passengers the same and subject them to random testing and time wasting?
To my knowledge I don’t think the CBSA deals with the hassle of bringing random PCR tests to the biz jets ( fair or not) we just call the CANPASS number and get clearance. Very rare they ever visit us unless their suspicious of the decarceration provided. Only catch is you might be on hold waiting for clearance. Could be 5 seconds, could be 45 mins. Corporate CANPASS isn’t back yet so you have to call and get clearance on arrival.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I cannot believe these politicians can get away with this crap. Why are we putting up with it still? This country is a disgrace.

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Inverted2 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 8:04 pm I cannot believe these politicians can get away with this crap. Why are we putting up with it still? This country is a disgrace.
Its not that surprising. Lots of liberal voters out there. They are part of the same gang that cheer on people who don't pay rent because "fuk landlords they are garbage humans".

We will keep moving further left until people realize more government is the problem. Seems like most things the gov touches they make it worse. Maybe all the pilots waiting for the clear to get back to work from TC is all part of the climate action plan 😂.

There's no justification for any of the covid measures at the airport but they continue to hold on to a failing policy. What a clown land it is.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/airport-d ... -1.5900274

Transport Minister Omar Alghabra suggested a lack of workers is not the culprit for the delays at airports.

Alghabra said out-of-practice travellers are causing delays at security checkpoints as Canadians shift back into travel mode after spending most of the last two years grounded by COVID-19.

"Taking out the laptops, taking out the fluids -- all that adds 10 seconds here, 15 seconds there," he told reporters.

Bizzare logic. This is why people are being held in airplanes after landing?

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:11 am https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/airport-d ... -1.5900274

Transport Minister Omar Alghabra suggested a lack of workers is not the culprit for the delays at airports.

Alghabra said out-of-practice travellers are causing delays at security checkpoints as Canadians shift back into travel mode after spending most of the last two years grounded by COVID-19.

"Taking out the laptops, taking out the fluids -- all that adds 10 seconds here, 15 seconds there," he told reporters.

Bizzare logic. This is why people are being held in airplanes after landing?
While that is mostly BS (people have always been bad at those things) man….. the amount of stunned people I see holding up security is mind boggling. These aren’t new things people.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Monday morning during the daily morning rush there were 2 security lines (out of what, 10-15?) open at T3 with hundreds lined up. But it’s the pax fault and they aren’t short staffed. 🙄

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Those security or screening jobs are low salary, long hours of mundane shit show type of work dealing with the travelling public of which a good percentage are as obnoxious as can be. Current tight labour marker won’t make things smoother, big lines gonna be around for a bit.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

ant_321 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:45 am But it’s the pax fault
Per the last poster.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

So how is this CATSA's fault again? To the best of my reading of the article, this is about *arriving* aircraft: "When Trevor Lau's Air Canada flight from Orlando landed at Toronto's Pearson International Airport on Monday, he didn't know he'd be waiting over two hours on the plane."

Doesn't CBSA deal with arriving aircraft?

And, in the current environment - need more people, pay more money, which means more taxes/costs tacked on to our airline tickets..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

mmm..bacon wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 2:48 pm So how is this CATSA's fault again? To the best of my reading of the article, this is about *arriving* aircraft: "When Trevor Lau's Air Canada flight from Orlando landed at Toronto's Pearson International Airport on Monday, he didn't know he'd be waiting over two hours on the plane."

Doesn't CBSA deal with arriving aircraft?

And, in the current environment - need more people, pay more money, which means more taxes/costs tacked on to our airline tickets..
It’s on both ends. Not uncommon to take 2+ hrs to get through security these days and customs is another complete gongshow for incoming pax.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

whatever happened to 'wave RAIC, go to head of line'?

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by indieadventurer »

mmm..bacon wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:27 am whatever happened to 'wave RAIC, go to head of line'?
Still applicable if you are in uniform.
Commuting crew with a valid RAIC and aircrew of foreign commercial air carriers with aircrew identification, in uniform, are exempted from the LAG restrictions and will be allowed expedited screening either through a crew lane (if available), a family lane, a NEXUS lane (where available), or taken to the front of the queue.

Attachments
Security_Notice_-_GV-003_AM_3_-_Use_of_Restricted_Area_Identity_Card_RA....pdf
(217.73 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Bil Derberg
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bil Derberg »

Hire back the unvaccinated and this chaos will end.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Bil Derberg wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:35 pm Hire back the unvaccinated and this chaos will end.
The UK has no vaccine mandates for airport workers, and they're having much worse delays than us.

Return to “General Comments”