So everyone is leaving?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: So everyone is leaving?

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

digits_ wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:09 am There’s too many people in the world and that problem you speak of in Europe is coming here rapidly with .5 million / year immigration.
Seriously?

If there is one problem that Canada doesn't have, it's a lack of space to accommodate more people.
Oh I agree there’s lots of space, just only so much DESIRABLE space to live lol
---------- ADS -----------

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

This is true, there are huge areas of Canada that would be difficult to live in, however the desirable space is nowhere near capacity.

Look at Manitoba for example. You could drop another 3 cities the size of Winnipeg into it (on the same latitude as Winnipeg) and there would still be lots of space left. Canada just needs to focus on building as many houses as it possibly can over the next decade, to stop the housing prices going through the roof.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Launchpad1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:58 am
This is true, there are huge areas of Canada that would be difficult to live in, however the desirable space is nowhere near capacity.

Look at Manitoba for example. You could drop another 3 cities the size of Winnipeg into it (on the same latitude as Winnipeg) and there would still be lots of space left. Canada just needs to focus on building as many houses as it possibly can over the next decade, to stop the housing prices going through the roof.
Literally every rural town in Canada could double or triple in size without any space issues.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Literally every rural town in Canada could double or triple in size without any space issues.
Exactly. Selkirk and Steinbach could quadruple in size and have no problem. Canada's main problem is it needs to at least double it's population to start getting those economies of scale that would allow it to utilize it's natural resources effectively.

Personally I think the UK and Canada should have complete freedom of movement between their populations, but that's just my opinion lol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

digits_ wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:02 am

True and not true. Either way the infrastructure isn’t here for the people that are here now! And Manitoba in general is not a desireable place to live lol

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Manitoba and Desireable = oxymoron

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

digits_ wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:45 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:09 am There’s too many people in the world and that problem you speak of in Europe is coming here rapidly with .5 million / year immigration.
Seriously?

If there is one problem that Canada doesn't have, it's a lack of space to accommodate more people.
Lack of everything else tho. There’s not enough homes and work here, hence the housing and cost of living problems, the state of things after the pandemic especially. Everything the gdp relies on is dead except realty and that’s about to collapse with interest / inflation coming. The world is in terrible shape right now but Canada is it’s own worst enemy imo

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Lack of everything else tho. There’s not enough homes and work here, hence the housing and cost of living problems, the state of things after the pandemic especially. Everything the gdp relies on is dead except realty and that’s about to collapse with interest / inflation coming. The world is in terrible shape right now but Canada is it’s own worst enemy imo
Just out of sheer curiosity what would you think to Canada becoming part of the US? The provinces could become states etc.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Launchpad1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:20 am
Just out of sheer curiosity what would you think to Canada becoming part of the US? The provinces could become states etc.
That would NEVER happen, states wouldn’t want anything north of Calgary

ThatGuyHoldingShort
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ThatGuyHoldingShort »

Left years ago as well and couldn't imagine myself ever going back under the shit pay and conditions offered by the majors there.

The grass is greener but we do get little brown spots from time to time but pretty much no company would ever give you that perfect grass.

I can't wait for the US to open up its borders and to see how many Canadians start commuting to LA and NYC for better salary and same commute; only a matter of time!

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

ThatGuyHoldingShort wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:27 pm Left years ago as well and couldn't imagine myself ever going back under the shit pay and conditions offered by the majors there.

The grass is greener but we do get little brown spots from time to time but pretty much no company would ever give you that perfect grass.

I can't wait for the US to open up its borders and to see how many Canadians start commuting to LA and NYC for better salary and same commute; only a matter of time!
It has already begun in the rotary world. Guys are headed south of the border in droves

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:21 pm
ThatGuyHoldingShort wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:27 pm Left years ago as well and couldn't imagine myself ever going back under the shit pay and conditions offered by the majors there.

It has already begun in the rotary world. Guys are headed south of the border in droves
You can't just show up and ask for a job even with a FAA license. Are they getting greencard or visa sponsorships?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

newlygrounded wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:24 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:21 pm

You can't just show up and ask for a job even with a FAA license. Are they getting greencard or visa sponsorships?
Visa sponsorships the guys I know, and yes you can ask for whatever you want, the worst anyone can say is no.

donnybrook
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by donnybrook »

Engineer only or are pilots headed to the USA on sponsorships?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

donnybrook wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:07 am Engineer only or are pilots headed to the USA on sponsorships?
Pilots and ames

PeterParker
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PeterParker »

I hear that Atlas is sniffing around YYZ for guys that can go directly into their wide-body aircraft for a one-year contract for around $1 million... Not sure how true this is...

qwe221sd
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by qwe221sd »

PeterParker wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:15 pm I hear that Atlas is sniffing around YYZ for guys that can go directly into their wide-body aircraft for a one-year contract for around $1 million... Not sure how true this is...
That's impossible to work in US without right of work.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

There is no way Atlas is paying that much. They are the Cargojet of America.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Seems to me lots of company’s in the states are drafting Canadian talent. Just heard of two more guys in my circle headed south of the border.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:48 am Seems to me lots of company’s in the states are drafting Canadian talent. Just heard of two more guys in my circle headed south of the border.
I left, y'all can have Trudeau and the s*** hole he created.

Return to “General Comments”