So everyone is leaving?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: So everyone is leaving?

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

BE02 Driver wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:16 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:48 am Seems to me lots of company’s in the states are drafting Canadian talent. Just heard of two more guys in my circle headed south of the border.
I left, y'all can have Trudeau and the s*** hole he created.
Lol
---------- ADS -----------

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:06 pm
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:48 am Seems to me lots of company’s in the states are drafting Canadian talent. Just heard of two more guys in my circle headed south of the border.
Lol, you’re not wrong…

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Frontier Posting for Canadian A&P mechanics on H1b or TN visa. I know pilots do not qualify under either visa, but it is movement south

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 pm Frontier Posting for Canadian A&P mechanics on H1b or TN visa. I know pilots do not qualify under either visa, but it is movement south
Positive step. Would be nice to see this extend to flight crew, as the NIW is a lengthy and painful process to complete. At least eith an H1B the onus is on the employer to handle the transition, something they are unwilling to do right now.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

C-GGGQ wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:44 pm Frontier Posting for Canadian A&P mechanics on H1b or TN visa. I know pilots do not qualify under either visa, but it is movement south
Ames are in HUGE demand in the USA. They like us there because of our training and standards. As much suck that this industry in Canada is serving out, if you’ve been doing this ten or more years at a good shop you were likely trained properly. There’s no shortage of people in the states but the experience and knowledge is going extinct.
Call me crazy but I think that boomers which make / made up a lot of the good A&P’s / IA’s are finally hanging up their lockwire pliers. Covid had a bit to do with this I think, lots of guys I knew that were laid off weren’t available to come back and or were offered early retirement packages.
I haven’t had a shortage of high paying work since I made the switch a few years ago, but now I’m turning down so much work I’m thinking about hiring help lol

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

What’d you end up doing out of curiosity?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Likely left the country I guess lol

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

One could, of course, argue that the 's***hole' was actually created by the opposition parties, who failed to put up enough decent candidates/leaders to prevail in a general election..

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

mmm..bacon wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:45 pm
One could, of course, argue that the 's***hole' was actually created by the opposition parties, who failed to put up enough decent candidates/leaders to prevail in a general election..
There’s several layers. This country is handcuffed to a very bad government

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Is it really a bad government, though? What are the metrics for that? How do we shape up compared to the rest of the G7 countries? I honestly don't know, and am asking. Or is this just a reactionary thread run by people who are pissed off about the price of gas and woke signalling? I will concede that pilot salaries here are in terrible shape...

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Blame the woke media for that who hate everyone even remotely conservative. Never mind that. Centralist. The media is abhorrent not only wishing to make any candidates life miserable but targeting spouses and children.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Things are indeed the worst I’ve seen them
In my career in Canada. That’s why I left, I hate Canadas industry and what desperate operators are still justifying as necessary despite morality issues not to mention questionably legal boundaries being encroached.

Me262
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Me262 »

golecchr wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:24 am
ICUP wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:50 pm Looks like lately everyone I know that flies wants to leave this country. It’s depressing.
Left Canada in September as a 300 hour pilot with CPL and Group 1. I'm halfway through my ATPL exams in Warsaw with 7 more to go. Many F/O positions are up for grabs after the conversion process is complete. For people with dual citizenship or work visas, this is a great option at the moment.
Could you please PM me? I don't think I can because I have a low count post. I'm in a very similar situation like you. Thank you.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Not buying it. The problem is there are too many Canadians that are perfectly happy with the path that Canada is on, and will in all probability re-elect Trudeau or his successor yet again. Especially if he gets his ranked ballot electoral reform.

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

PitchLink wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:01 pm
Moved to 'Murica, took a job with an Airline that pays appropriately.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:20 pm

Get me a green card and I'll give you 10% of my earnings for the rest of my life and I'll name my first born son after you.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Which visa did you end up going on? I looked into the EB-2 NIW but seems like a longshot.

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by newlygrounded »

golecchr wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:24 am
ICUP wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:50 pm Looks like lately everyone I know that flies wants to leave this country. It’s depressing.
Left Canada in September as a 300 hour pilot with CPL and Group 1. I'm halfway through my ATPL exams in Warsaw with 7 more to go. Many F/O positions are up for grabs after the conversion process is complete. For people with dual citizenship or work visas, this is a great option at the moment.
Are these positions that fly long haul? Also isn’t paying your your type rating the norm in Europe? I’d happily jump ship but I’m curious what the path looks like?

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

“Appropriately”, how sad that Canada won’t ever do that lol. They push the “be grateful just to have a job” mentality to farthest extremes and beyond in Canada. This warped management theory all just to save a few bucks at the cost of ruining peoples careers / livelihoods.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Congrats. Glad another one got out and is being treated humanely

Return to “General Comments”