The Covid money printer slowly ends, now we pay.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
HavaJava
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: The Covid money printer slowly ends, now we pay.

Post by HavaJava »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:01 am current inflation has zero to do with the "printed money".
:lol: :lol: :lol: That’s funny! Thanks for my morning chuckle!
---------- ADS -----------

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

HavaJava wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:02 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:01 am current inflation has zero to do with the "printed money".
Did you actually read my comment about why that is the case? Are you familiar with what's going on in the economy? I guess not.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:22 am
HavaJava wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:02 pm
Did you actually read my comment about why that is the case? Are you familiar with what's going on in the economy? I guess not.
I’d be careful espousing your economic expertise, reading your comments on inflation.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:33 am
I’d be careful espousing your economic expertise, reading your comments on inflation.
So lets hear your expertise...

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

6ECA338C-B50A-40A3-8130-BF8C9871038A.jpeg
6ECA338C-B50A-40A3-8130-BF8C9871038A.jpeg (591.72 KiB) Viewed 2052 times

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:53 am Yeah it will be tricky to reduce inflation! Obviously Canada is a small piece of the pie and the global problem is not all on JT. Collectively the global money printer is responsible. China, Biden, JT they are all responsible.
Man. Justinflation must be pretty powerful if it makes all those other countries print money.

Apparently borrowing some pages from Viktor Orbán's playbook is the answer. CPAC seemed to think so. Let's turn ourselves into Hungary to own the libs.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:56 am
Hey.

You volunteered that house prices don't affect inflation for people. It's called Rent.

You can look it up.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:07 am
Hey.

You volunteered that house prices don't affect inflation for people. It's called Rent.

You can look it up.
Yes, indeed. I meant that inflation didn't cause high house prices as op implied. It affects inflation to a certain amount although isn't the main factor at work causing the current sky high inflation. House prices are starting to drop .

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:52 am
rookiepilot wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:07 am

Hey.

You can look it up.
Yes, indeed. I meant that inflation didn't cause high house prices as op implied. It affects inflation to a certain amount although isn't the main factor at work causing the current sky high inflation. House prices are starting to drop .
Money printing certainly affects housing prices which moves rents which moves inflation.

Money printing is nothing more than effective negative interest rates.

It's a long running policy choice of the US, EU and Japan, but interest rates and housing are worldwide markets. Anything Canada does is a zit by comparison.

Zoning reform is badly needed.

WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

How does a government over printing money, home prices rising, skyrocketing rent, outrageous food prices, gas prices jumping up, and more, NOT affect inflation? Filling the diesel tank here on the farm costs double what it did 2 years ago. Tractor tires cost 80% more than in 2019, seed costs are double, parts for repairs are up 60%, building supplies have more than doubled.

Whitney
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

WANP wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:04 am How does a government over printing money, home prices rising, skyrocketing rent, outrageous food prices, gas prices jumping up, and more, NOT affect inflation? Filling the diesel tank here on the farm costs double what it did 2 years ago. Tractor tires cost 80% more than in 2019, seed costs are double, parts for repairs are up 60%, building supplies have more than doubled.
Ask Crunch.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

WANP wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:04 am How does a government over printing money, home prices rising, skyrocketing rent, outrageous food prices, gas prices jumping up, and more, NOT affect inflation? Filling the diesel tank here on the farm costs double what it did 2 years ago. Tractor tires cost 80% more than in 2019, seed costs are double, parts for repairs are up 60%, building supplies have more than doubled.
This is why prices aren’t likely to come down any time soon. It took a couple years for inflation to spool up full tilt, it will be at least two years to see an price relief. Best case prices just freeze where they are and we get some stability. Even if the product your produce gets some relief in expense, transportation costs are up, equipment repairs are up, there’s enough expenses creeping up all around that this is not transitional. The way you put it makes it so clear how from farm to table will cost more for the foreseeable future.

Time to demand more pay from your employers unless you are ok with eating into easily 10 percent of what you used to make.

WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

rookiepilot wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:17 am
Ask Crunch.
Crunch seems to be out of touch with reality.

Whitney
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

WANP wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:19 pm

Crunch seems to be out of touch with reality.
Says the person who thinks that the price of tractor tires and diesel has something to do with Canadian government spending.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

https://liberal.ca/trudeau-promises-aff ... canadians/

I can only shake my head that JT was re elected. What has he done to make housing affordable to Canadians?

“Safe, adequate, and affordable housing is essential to building strong families, strong communities, and a strong economy,” said Mr. Trudeau. “We have a plan to make housing more affordable for those who need it most – seniors, persons with disabilities, lower-income families, and Canadians working hard to join the middle class.”

JT makes life way worse for these people and does the exact opposite. Maybe the big secret is that it’s the home owners who vote for JT because they love that he drives the divide and makes their property values boom. :lol:

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:24 pm https://liberal.ca/trudeau-promises-aff ... canadians/

I can only shake my head that JT was re elected. What has he done to make housing affordable to Canadians?

“Safe, adequate, and affordable housing is essential to building strong families, strong communities, and a strong economy,” said Mr. Trudeau. “We have a plan to make housing more affordable for those who need it most – seniors, persons with disabilities, lower-income families, and Canadians working hard to join the middle class.”

JT makes life way worse for these people and does the exact opposite. Maybe the big secret is that it’s the home owners who vote for JT because they love that he drives the divide and makes their property values boom. :lol:
Lotta those voters here.

Those that don’t think housing costs are in any way related to inflation.

I'm still waiting to hear exactly how that works.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

From my chair.

Things are not improving. At all.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

This picture pretty much sums it all up.

Let’s Go Brandon
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Guess ole Pierre aka skippy will ride in on his crypto horse and save the hordes from the utter madness, first casualty will be The Governor. Guess we had best fall in there……..

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

Why would Skippy hurt his own investment?

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/poiliev ... -1.5870382

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw

Return to “Covid”