The Covid money printer slowly ends, now we pay.

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: The Covid money printer slowly ends, now we pay.

Post by Inverted2 »

He has every right to own an investment/rental property just like any of us do.
---------- ADS -----------

Let’s Go Brandon
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:29 am He has every right to own an investment/rental property just like any of us do.
I do find this a little suspect,

PP’s net worth is estimated at 9 mil. But he is a career politician. How did he gain this wealth?

https://susankatzkeating.com/pierre-poi ... ge-height/

How Did Pierre Poilievre Become Rich? Poilievre started out in policy work and public relations. He started out by working in communications department for Magna international. During this time, he also did some policy work for Jason Kennedy. Poilievre has always been interested in political debates and public speaking. His interest in politics and public speaking propelled him to wealth and brought him closer to the political class. He became rich in 2004 when he officially joined politics by contesting Nepean—Carleton seat and winning. Since then he has won the 2006, 2008 and 2011 elections. At this time he was also the parliamentary secretary. Poilievre has worked in politics all his life and this is how he has made his wealth. In his political career he has been involved in different positions such as a member of parliament and also a cabinet minister. He has also been involved in constitutional amendments and also taken part in different charity drives.

He became rich by becoming an MP and doing public speaking? Yeah, right. I thought MPs had modest incomes. Let’s say he was making 200k a year since he was 20. Even with a stellar investment strategy, getting to 9 million net worth by 42 makes me wonder. Must have been getting into bitcoin early on! Good for him anyways. Just strange how all these public servants are all wealthy, when their salaries are good but not much higher than average.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Where is that fool who made fun of me when i first raised the inflation issue?

Funny how the trolls disappear.

I warned. Really tried.

The bodies haven’t BEGUN to float to the surface yet.

Just waif. Gonna get fun.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

rookiepilot wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:03 pm Where is that fool who made fun of me when i first raised the inflation issue?

Funny how the trolls disappear.

I warned. Really tried.

The bodies haven’t BEGUN to float to the surface yet.

Just waif. Gonna get fun.
I found her…

We are headed for new market lows next month. Housing crash inbound with all those variable rate mortgages?
45A34F29-FB4C-4157-A669-C09849EBDDC7.jpeg
45A34F29-FB4C-4157-A669-C09849EBDDC7.jpeg (75.79 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:01 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:53 am

I don’t see what was wrong about my post. JT printed money and spent billions, Fact. BOC dropped rates in 2020, Fact. The biggest beneficiary of these policies was those who own assets, Fact.
Bank of Canada is independent from the government, and current inflation has zero to do with the "printed money".
I'm with Rookiepilot & Agedwell on this one. This is economics 101 and Rookie called it. It should have been obvious to everyone but voters were just too happy with the short term spigot.

When you have more of something (in this case money), it becomes less valuable. Central Bank prints the money and the government spends it. Why wouldn't it become less valuable?

It reminds me of someone in grade 5 who asked, "why can't they just make more money and give it to us and we'll all be rich?" Well, now we know.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Bede wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:57 am
CpnCrunch wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:01 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:53 am

I don’t see what was wrong about my post. JT printed money and spent billions, Fact. BOC dropped rates in 2020, Fact. The biggest beneficiary of these policies was those who own assets, Fact.
Bank of Canada is independent from the government, and current inflation has zero to do with the "printed money".
I'm with Rookiepilot & Agedwell on this one. This is economics 101 and Rookie called it. It should have been obvious to everyone but voters were just too happy with the short term spigot.

When you have more of something (in this case money), it becomes less valuable. Central Bank prints the money and the government spends it. Why wouldn't it become less valuable?

It reminds me of someone in grade 5 who asked, "why can't they just make more money and give it to us and we'll all be rich?" Well, now we know.
That is wage inflation, but the main driver right now are resource prices. That leads to price inflation and wages, but wages arent the main driver here.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

I would like to know how many lives were saved with these policies that are now destroying those who are close to the poverty line.

The biggest losers in this are the asset poor class. Those with no home, low income. Lots of them were also people who never qualified for CERB. They were the grocery store workers etc. lots of the people never saw an extra penny, but now they are in the hook for groceries that stretch them to the brink. Literally have to make tough choices on what to eat, to try and get by.

Meanwhile policy makers, government workers etc all laughing through this. Teachers never lost pay. Nurses had it rough, but also made bank. Politicians of course all big beneficiaries of their policies. Doug ford grew his sticker biz with all those keep 6 ft away stickers :lol: the asset rich people are paying more but they also made more and come out ahead.

Covid was a way to punish the poor and let the asset rich class get richer. Why did this happen? Because people gave up their freedoms and let the asset rich get away with this. They said they were doing it to save lives, but no one can seem to show how many lives are being saved every time you mask up to be on a plane. All a bunch of BS disruption. I’m very surprised the people who vote left wing parties go along with this. What do these politicians do for you besides take your money and make your life worse.

Now Canada is spending millions of dollars on Ukraine. Why? This is not our war. Why are we broke and spending our money there? Why aren’t we taking car of Canadians?

Last edited by WellThatAgedWell on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 am Covid was a way to punish the poor and let the asset rich class get richer.
Designed by the Chinese, too?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

photofly wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:49 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:48 am Covid was a way to punish the poor and let the asset rich class get richer.
Designed by the Chinese, too?
Definitely 100% done by the Chinese communists. Destabilize the west.

Let’s Go Brandon
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Except it was no accident.

Let’s Go Brandon
WANP
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by WANP »

I personally didn't see so much as a dime of covid money being handed out.

Instead kept working, and doing my own thing.

But anyone who has a brain larger than a piece mosquito poop should know that when a country prints an exorbitant amount of money, and the government tosses it around without care, that will bring massive inflation with it.
Nobody needs a university degree in economics to understand such a basic principle.

Then the masses of unemployed people ran out and financed their new toys, such as quads and RVs, using the trudeau 'free' money they got as the downpayment.
Well interest rates are going up, the gravy train is running out, and those who are deep in debt are about to feel it, and not in a good way.
Anyone who wants to open their own business, let me recommend that you open a bankruptcy company. You should do very well over the next 5 years!

Whitney
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

45201378-0C59-4228-BCE9-C4CB6B6D5C66.jpeg
45201378-0C59-4228-BCE9-C4CB6B6D5C66.jpeg (102.03 KiB) Viewed 1466 times

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Look like the cure will be worse than the disease after all. Geeee. Who warned us about that? Hmmmmm.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Early days.

I am very, very, very concerned about housing.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 am Look like the cure will be worse than the disease after all. Geeee. Who warned us about that? Hmmmmm.
About half the people here warned about it. While the other half called them graandma killers.

Should I ask everyone now if government did a good job with pandemic policy... Or should I wait 12 months when people start to lose their homes and unemployment takes off?

Way to dump all our eggs in the covid basket!

I'm just waiting for Trudeau to stand up and blame us. He will probably just take some freedoms away and say it's to stop inflation, the next pandemic. Let's just make it legislation that you can't buy things and end inflation. It's for the greater good! 😂

Sounds like the great reset is going as planned.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

BE02 Driver wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 am Look like the cure will be worse than the disease after all. Geeee. Who warned us about that? Hmmmmm.
Me.

Most of you laughed.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

:lol:
2F5B6216-FA4B-4E1E-8857-62872F30CEFC.jpeg
2F5B6216-FA4B-4E1E-8857-62872F30CEFC.jpeg (922.41 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
The pandemic has passed and we are in the worst position we have seen in a long time! Some people get it right, some get it wrong!

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:29 am :lol:
2F5B6216-FA4B-4E1E-8857-62872F30CEFC.jpeg

The pandemic has passed and we are in the worst position we have seen in a long time! Some people get it right, some get it wrong!
End of the US Dollar? It's stronger than EUR and CAD. Not sure what you're getting at.

Fuel prices are likely more affected by Putin's actions than by the pandemic responses.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship

Return to “Covid”