Vote to end restrictions

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Vote to end restrictions

Post by altiplano »

Nut bar crazy?

Listened to main stream Liberalism lately?

I don't think Poilievre is far right, and I don't think that sticker is going to stick very well, it's just name calling for someone that disagrees with you, next it will be he's a Nazi and a racist.

I think a lot of the upcoming, young electorate are smarter than that and aren't just going to fall in line behind failed Liberal policies and power grabs.

Run on a sounds economic strategy, value freedom and independence, push for a smaller government. I think that resonates well with more people than you think.

I think the social conservatives will support Poilievre and he'll tell them that they want their freedom, it goes both ways, ie. freedom to choose, whether that be abortions, vaccines, sexuality, religion, the government has no right to say how you live your life.

With social conservatism kept in check with the simple mantra that conservatism is really living your own life and raising your family how you want and respecting other people's right to the same, a young articulate candidate who appeals in urban and rural areas, raised in Alberta, Francophone roots, social media savvy, he's mopping the floor in debates with Charest and Brown, he dunks on Trudeau and Freeland daily in question period, he's drawing crowds across the country to see him.

I think you underestimate what he'll do in 3 years with the broader electorate and time to hone his message.
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Let’s Go Brandon
Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:22 pm Westjet CEO is now saying these restrictions are illogical and vaccine mandates make no sense.

Hmmm. Didn’t this guy fire a bunch of unvaccinated staff about 6 months ago?
Hmmm, no. He's only been on the job a couple months. I'm cautiously optimistic.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

Here is the tweets from Liberal MP Nate Erskine-Smith who voted against his party.

I didn’t support the idea of dropping masks right away, but I’ve also made it clear to the government that a two-dose vaccine mandate without accommodation is no longer justified. /1
We first debated these questions at the end of February. At that time, Dr. Tam had indicated that a review of mandates was warranted.
As I noted in my reasons then, an immediate and transparent re-evaluation should have taken place at that time. /2
Nothing about the re-evaluation of travel-related measures has been transparent.
It is not clear what Dr. Tam’s recommendations are, and there’s been no adequate justification provided for continuing the exclusive two-dose mandate. /3
The justifications for any mandate are to increase rates and reduce transmission risk.
But the current mandate has exhausted its usefulness in reaching new people, and the impact of two doses on transmission risk is too low (especially given alternative testing options). /4
I’ve earlier argued for a three dose mandate with accommodation via rapid testing. But with ongoing inaction, dropping the two-dose mandate also makes good sense now. /7

Trudeau is showing how he no longer listens to Tams science.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Been to the usa twice in the last month, i now try to fly delta or alaska because as soon as they hit the border the masks come off. Thats ok ac/wj dont need my business

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rigpiggy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:08 pm Been to the usa twice in the last month, i now try to fly delta or alaska because as soon as they hit the border the masks come off. Thats ok ac/wj dont need my business
But you still have to do a covid test to enter the USA, which you don't have to do here. That's much more inconvenience and stressful than wearing a mask...it's such a relief not to have to deal with that BS any more. Masks are annoying, but you get used to them. They're only really a problem if you want to sleep.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

It could always be worse. Didn’t Trudeau say he is a big fan of China.

But don’t let comparisons bring you joy. We should not compare to China to say “at least we aren’t them”. If rules do not make any sense, it’s time for them to go. China is just off in its own world and loves the disruption. I guess their mentality is everyone complies for the greater good. Is this really what’s best for the Chinese people? @#$! that place!

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

CpnCrunch wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:20 pm
rigpiggy wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:08 pm Been to the usa twice in the last month, i now try to fly delta or alaska because as soon as they hit the border the masks come off. Thats ok ac/wj dont need my business
But you still have to do a covid test to enter the USA, which you don't have to do here. That's much more inconvenience and stressful than wearing a mask...it's such a relief not to have to deal with that BS any more. Masks are annoying, but you get used to them. They're only really a problem if you want to sleep.
Actually if im to the usa im doesn't matter who i fly, i have to do a covid test. However if i bop across the border, I don't need toshow proofs Of the jab either

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Solution

Vote the liberals out.

Even better solution, move to Florida (if you can)

Cali and NY have turned into dumpsters. LA, San Fran, NYC… lots of people left and headed to Florida. So much so that now rental and home prices have become a bit of an issue for Florida. If people are leaving your state because of garbage policies, maybe people shouldn’t have to move away, maybe these places should just fix what they are doing wrong. This is 100 percent triggered by the policies of the last couple years.

100 percent these shenanigans will cause similar issues here. Immigrants will look elsewhere, people looking to fly will avoid Canada if they have other options, and people will be looking to leave Canada for opportunity elsewhere. This crap also stretches beyond Covid now. Heard a teacher the other day say she has two students who don’t know their gender. What is being taught to children in school this month? No wonder so many mental health cases amongst the young. The liberals just want to eat away at everyone and take control. What’s the latest policy from Trudeau, make more strict firearms laws to take guns away from lawful owners, and at the same time lower the penalty for those who commit gun crimes. Reward the criminals and punish the law abiding citizens. Ugh. Canada sounds just like a NYC or L.A.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I’d love to move to Florida or another free state but right now there’s too many hurdles to jump. I know a few people there in FL and if I bring up the topic of New Yawkers or Commiefornians moving there, they get pretty worked up and angry. :lol:

Let’s Go Brandon
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

altiplano wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:54 pm Nut bar crazy?

I don't think Poilievre is far right, and I don't think that sticker is going to stick very well, it's just name calling for someone that disagrees with you, next it will be he's a Nazi and a racist.

I think a lot of the upcoming, young electorate are smarter than that and aren't just going to fall in line behind failed Liberal policies and power grabs.

Run on a sounds economic strategy, value freedom and independence, push for a smaller government. I think that resonates well with more people than you think.

I think the social conservatives will support Poilievre and he'll tell them that they want their freedom, it goes both ways, ie. freedom to choose, whether that be abortions, vaccines, sexuality, religion, the government has no right to say how you live your life.

With social conservatism kept in check with the simple mantra that conservatism is really living your own life and raising your family how you want and respecting other people's right to the same, a young articulate candidate who appeals in urban and rural areas, raised in Alberta, Francophone roots, social media savvy, he's mopping the floor in debates with Charest and Brown, he dunks on Trudeau and Freeland daily in question period, he's drawing crowds across the country to see him.

I think you underestimate what he'll do in 3 years with the broader electorate and time to hone his message.
Pierre Pollivere is extremely dangerous. He’s an alt right white supremacist who spews disinformation, falsehoods and anti science rhetoric that’s dividing Canadians. The problem isn’t Trudeau .. the problem is opposing viewpoints, misinformation, disinformation, falsehoods and anti- science rhetoric… people who are uneducated / afraid jump on that bandwagon and we have the mess we’re in today.

Conservatives did nothing to stop this pandemic …with their cockamamie ideas we would have lost more Canadians than we did.

The country needs to unify and trust our prime minister who this far has followed science, saved lives and cared for others and who has gotten tough on antivaxers and upheld Canadian values about caring for thy neighbors.

He also supported the trucker convoy… ( illegal criminal activity)

He continues to follow science, best health practices and is keeping the economy going despite brutal circumstances .

It’ll be a sad state of affairs in this country if those who are easily manipulated elect this man….

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:44 pm

Pierre Pollivere is extremely dangerous. He’s an alt right white supremacist who spews disinformation, falsehoods and anti science rhetoric that’s dividing Canadians. The problem isn’t Trudeau .. the problem is opposing viewpoints, misinformation, disinformation, falsehoods and anti- science rhetoric… people who are uneducated / afraid jump on that bandwagon and we have the mess we’re in today.

Conservatives did nothing to stop this pandemic …with their cockamamie ideas we would have lost more Canadians than we did.

The country needs to unify and trust our prime minister who this far has followed science, saved lives and cared for others and who has gotten tough on antivaxers and upheld Canadian values about caring for thy neighbors.

He continues to follow science, best health practices and is keeping the economy going despite brutal circumstances .

It’ll be a sad state of affairs in this country if those who are easily manipulated elect this man….
This has to be a satire post. Please tell me that was satire. My faith in humanity will be shattered if you actually believe what you just wrote.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:52 pm

This has to be a satire post. Please tell me that was satire. My faith in humanity will be shattered if you actually believe what you just wrote.

Absolutely I do.

Have you watched a House of Commons debate in the last few years ? Conservatives spew disinformation to exploit this crisis politically … which is why the divide exists.

Same thing with the freedom convoy.. he’s exploiting a group that perceives that they are marginalized for political gain.

He’s talking about inflation when inflation is normal/ a global issue… Canada isn’t stand alone in this. It’s political maneuvering from the ( CON) - artist party.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:01 pm

Absolutely I do.

Have you watched a House of Commons debate in the last few years ? Conservatives spew disinformation to exploit this crisis politically … which is why the divide exists.

Same thing with the freedom convoy.. he’s exploiting a group that perceives that they are marginalized for political gain.

He’s talking about inflation when inflation is normal/ a global issue… Canada isn’t stand alone in this. It’s political maneuvering from the ( CON) - artist party.
Wow.

"the problem is opposing viewpoints"

Hahahaha!

I bet. "Get in my echo chamber or you're an alt-right racist."

And you talk about - Uneducated? Division? Read yourself much?

You literally spew division and misinformation in your posts.

Go learn about economics and inflation.

Go learn about why our real inflation is higher than published, and higher relative to the "global issue" peers you seem to latch to.

Go learn about why Canadian gas prices are up more than the cost of the commodity itself has risen on world markets and up more than in other economies.

House of Commons question periods? Haven't actually heard a straight answer out of a Liberal there... scripted talking points and deflection and lies.

Which party was it that called for stopping flights from China at the start of it all? What party was it that said that was racist? What party flip flops with public opinion? What party is still latched on to ineffective hypocritical policies that the rest of the world has abandoned? And can't produce the "follow the science" reasoning behind it? Who is the only PM in Canadian history with a conflict of interest finding? (and he has THREE of them). Which PM's family got at least hundreds of thousands of dollars from the organization he tried to give a billion to? On and on and on...

Go move to China of you want to ride without challenge or opposition the government bandwagon.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

altiplano wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:41 pm
GhostRider6 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:01 pm

Absolutely I do.

Wow.

"the problem is opposing viewpoints"

Hahahaha!

I bet. "Get in my echo chamber or you're an alt-right racist."

And you talk about - Uneducated? Division? Read yourself much?

You literally spew division and misinformation in your posts.

Go learn about economics and inflation.

Go learn about why our real inflation is higher than published, and higher relative to the "global issue" peers you seem to latch to.

Go learn about why Canadian gas prices are up more than the cost of the commodity itself has risen on world markets and up more than in other economies.

House of Commons question periods? Haven't actually heard a straight answer out of a Liberal there... scripted talking points and deflection and lies.

Which party was it that called for stopping flights from China at the start of it all? What party was it that said that was racist? What party flip flops with public opinion? What party is still latched on to ineffective hypocritical policies that the rest of the world has abandoned? And can't produce the "follow the science" reasoning behind it? Who is the only PM in Canadian history with a conflict of interest finding? (and he has THREE of them). Which PM's family got at least hundreds of thousands of dollars from the organization he tried to give a billion to? On and on and on...

Go move to China of you want to ride without challenge or opposition the government bandwagon.

The problem is oppositional viewpoints when the viewpoint that are opposing are anti-science and not fact based in the middle of a global health emergency.

The fact is, not all viewpoints are valid…. Unacceptable viewpoints ( racism, homophobia and anti- science rhetoric and disinformation) are all a threat to our politicians and institutions who are trying to save lives adjust the biggest crisis of our time.

Do you allow your passengers to object to the way you handle an emergency? Or do you as experts handle the situation?

Global oil prices are high due to a war where a kleptocratic dictator is trying to dominate a smaller country.

The liberals don’t need to respond to disinformation.. I see them repeating the same lines to combat the distortion campaigns of a desperate and dying party.

Trudeau wouldn’t be in power if the findings of these reviews actually had merit.

Flights were stopped from China initially due to racism / economics and a lack of information. Our government relied on the experts..

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

Guys this guy is a troll. Dont respond to him. No one can really be that stupid.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

RRJetPilot wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:25 pm Guys this guy is a troll. Dont respond to him. No one can really be that stupid.

Sorry, no.

I just choose not to go down the conspiracy rabbit hole. I trust my gut and look at the information I’m presented with and take it at face value.

I don’t believe there’s some cockamamie “ great reset” or “ globalist cabal” as a way to deny the inexplicably obvious / unfortunate reality that we’re in a pandemic .

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

I like looking at facts, so I just checked this. Looking at the data on tradingeconomics.com, US gas prices increased by 33% between Jan and May, whereas Canadian gas prices increased 34%.

Looking at the average USA and Canada gas price graphs on gasbuddy, from the beginning of January to today, US gas prices increased by 52% and Canadian gas prices increased by 51%.

I'm just curious...whose ass did you just pull the above "fact" out of?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:00 pm
I like looking at facts, so I just checked this. Looking at the data on tradingeconomics.com, US gas prices increased by 33% between Jan and May, whereas Canadian gas prices increased 34%.

Looking at the average USA and Canada gas price graphs on gasbuddy, from the beginning of January to today, US gas prices increased by 52% and Canadian gas prices increased by 51%.

I'm just curious...whose ass did you just pull the above "fact" out of?
I got that from raw numbers I ran last month.

Perhaps you also aren't factoring Canadian currency devaluation, all prices on those sites are in USD. CAD down 4% in the last month.

Using your trading economics site I can quickly see that Canadian gasoline prices have risen more than any other country in the Americas over their comparison period both in actual cost and as a percentage. I can also see that we have the second highest gasoline prices in the Americas. Second only to Uruguay... Price shown is USD/litre.
Screenshot_20220607-230542.png
Screenshot_20220607-230542.png (150.47 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
And don't forget our devaluing currency during the period resulting in an effectively larger increase for us with our Canadian Ruble paycheques.

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-li ... nt=america

Return to “Covid”