Crew Stranded in Punta Cana -- Had a Similar Experience?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Crew Stranded in Punta Cana -- Had a Similar Experience?

Post by EPR »

The Skipper for that Air Transat A330 that glided to an emergency landing in the Azores spent a few years in prison for running drugs.
---------- ADS -----------

Keep the dirty side down.
hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Indeed he did. So whats your point?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

EPR wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:37 pm The Skipper for that Air Transat A330 that glided to an emergency landing in the Azores spent a few years in prison for running drugs.
That was in the early ‘80s, he was pardoned(no criminal record) and despite it all he had a successful career at AT, retired now I believe. He did have a foundation in his name that provided assistance to those with drug/alcohol issues.

EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

Old fella wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:51 am That was in the early ‘80s, he was pardoned(no criminal record) and despite it all he had a successful career at AT, retired now I believe. He did have a foundation in his name that provided assistance to those with drug/alcohol issues.

Thanks for the update! That's great that he started a foundation, he seemed like a stand up guy in any of the interviews that I saw!

Keep the dirty side down.
Raymond Hall
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Raymond Hall »

In the late 1970's, when I was on the WAWCON Committee (when Bob Pearson was the Chair of our negotiating team) we used to refer to these types of disclosures as "dirty laundry." It's a very safe bet to assume that almost everybody has some. Often, it is what is not disclosed that is critical in decision-making and persuasion.

Knowing that it invariably exists has served me well in my law practice. Often, it is what the client doesn't tell you that affects the outcome. Skilled negotiators and skilled lawyers always ask, "Is there anything else that you should be telling me?" prior to putting their own reputation on the line in assisting their clients.

Return to “Air Canada”