DEC

Discuss topics related to Sunwing.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: DEC

Post by frog »

Here are all the requirements for DEC and FO

https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/pilo ... bdomain=ca

I think they're getting pretty close to the bottom of the list for the upgrades. So DEC is a possibility.

What You’ll Need
Must have Canadian Airline Transport Pilot License / Frozen ATPL or CPL with IATRA written.
Must have a valid Category 1 Medical Certificate.
Must have a valid Transport Canada Group 1 Instrument Rating.
Must have the ability to hold a valid RAIC.
Must be a Canadian Citizen, have a Permanent Resident of Canada or applicable visas.
First Officer – Minimum 2000 hours total time fixed wing.
Direct Entry Captain – Minimum 5000 hours Command time.
Excellent interpersonal skills, positive work ethic and possess a safety above all attitude.
No Accidents / Incidents / Violations in last 3 years.

Good luck
---------- ADS -----------

Kingair200
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kingair200 »

frog wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:08 pm Here are all the requirements for DEC and FO

I think they're getting pretty close to the bottom of the list for the upgrades. So DEC is a possibility.

What You’ll Need
Must have Canadian Airline Transport Pilot License / Frozen ATPL or CPL with IATRA written.
Must be a Canadian Citizen, have a Permanent Resident of Canada or applicable visas.
Excellent interpersonal skills, positive work ethic and possess a safety above all attitude.

Good luck
thanks for your reply, so with the cbc saying uprade requires 5000 tt and 2000 on 705 jet, does that apply to direct entry capt as well? or dec requires 5000 pic as listed in the posting above.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Kingair200 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:47 pm
frog wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:08 pm Here are all the requirements for DEC and FO

What You’ll Need

Good luck
thanks for your reply, so with the cbc saying uprade requires 5000 tt and 2000 on 705 jet, does that apply to direct entry capt as well? or dec requires 5000 pic as listed in the posting above.
Given the internal upgrade requirements, I would guess “Command” time is in Command of a jet over 100,000lbs for a DEC, not 5000 pic on light or medium turbo props but that’s just a guess, I have no inside information.

frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

As internal requirement goes, you don't need a single hour of JET pic to upgrade. DEC seems to be a different story.

Return to “Sunwing”