Becoming a pilot

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

newlygrounded
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Becoming a pilot

Post by newlygrounded »

Blueontop wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:08 pm
Loading... wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:57 pm I think you need to be passionate about it to be successful. You can make 6 figures within your first couple years.
Again…. :roll: Guess what your saying is one just has to be “passionate” and they can avoid poverty and be raking in 6 figs just like you in a “couple” of years… I was about as passionate/determined as they come and it took me 7 years of absolutely garbage shit wages to even crack 6 figs. And nobody handed me nothing in this career I’ve made somewhat workable now.

To the OP, don’t listen to anyone blowing sweet smoke up where the sun don’t shine. You might get lucky, you might not. Consider all possible outcomes but err on the worst one and decide if the juice is still worth the squeeze
Most level headed take I've seen in a while. I'm happy you managed to make it work out! I second what you said.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Loading... »

If you want to go to the airlines it can take many years to make 6 figures.
However, if you are looking for something else, maybe a corporate job, or a bush Job, you may be making 6 figures after just a few years.

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

Don't let all this negativity stop you from following your dreams. There is more to aviation than the airlines. One can have a great career flying something other than a Boeing or an Airbus.
.....Loading beat me to it

Return to “General Comments”