Liberals finally ending the vax mandate for travel

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
DownTheMiddle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Liberals finally ending the vax mandate for travel

Post by DownTheMiddle »

kgb531 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:25 pm 75% of Canadians had their vaccination prior to any government mandates being introduced in June 2021.
Get out of your Facebook groups silo. There are far fewer of those who think like you than you realize.
Why are "You People" so angry?

I'm in no silo, I'm a lone wolf, independent thinker.

FYI, not taking a vaccine does not equate antivaxxer.

FYI, assessing two sides of a topic and thinking outside of the box does not equate conspiracy theorist.

I wasn't lining up to take the vax in the early days since it was new and I wanted to wait and see. I knew people at the time that had Covid before any vaccines were available and they faired just fine. Being pretty healthy, I figured I'd be the same. As they rolled out, every so often there would be warnings about particular age groups with side effects. That was enough for me to hold off. Now it's gone from 95% to pretty much useless, albeit it may help the compromised. I almost caved when the push was to get vaccinated to prevent spreading to others, but that ended up not being the case either. Just go back and scroll any MSM social media postings for the last couple years, you cant make this up. From the silencing of anyone bringing concerns about the vaccine, to the double standards, to political influence of public health officials, to the actually effectiveness of the vaccine, all instilled zero confidence in me. The biggest joke was saying that natural antibodies after infection were useless so still get vaccinated.

Being the only one in my family holding off from vaccination, I caught it a couple weeks ago from my 4 year old who caught it from her fully vaccinated aunt. She had a fever for less than 48 hrs and she was good. I had a solid 7 day run with flu like symptoms, but I think it was worst when I had H1N1.

Is it so hard to let everyone make their own health decisions?
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by DownTheMiddle on Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

photofly wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:12 pm
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:38 pm Lots of people I know said they wanted the vax asap because they thought it would be the only way to travel to other countries in the summer.

People wanted to get vaccinated against restrictions, not for health reasons.
People can't have been very bothered about the terrible terrible effects of the vaccine then, can they? Swapping a guaranteed lifetime of cardiac problems, limb amputations, erectile disfunction, sterility and whatnot, in exchange for a summer vacation.

I hope it was worth it.

Sure they can

The people who got vaccinated against restrictions (which never worked out for them because of dumb dumb libitard vax booster x3 maskidiots who vote JT) are not the same as the people who didn’t get vaccinated at all. Duh!

Lots of people think the vaccines are safe but also don’t think Covid is dangerous. What a rational thought for basically anyone under 50 who is healthy, non smoker.

Last edited by WellThatAgedWell on Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

photofly wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:12 pm People can't have been very bothered about the terrible terrible effects of the vaccine then, can they? Swapping a guaranteed lifetime of cardiac problems, limb amputations, erectile disfunction, sterility and whatnot, in exchange for a summer vacation.

I hope it was worth it.
Oh the irony, eh?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:26 pm
Lots of people think the vaccines are safe but also don’t think Covid is dangerous. What a rational thought for basically anyone under 50 who is healthy, non smoker.
Should non-smoking healthy people under 50 who hang around with people over 50, people who aren't healthy, or people who smoke (i.e. just about everyone) have gotten vaccinated?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

photofly wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:40 pm
Should non-smoking healthy people under 50 who hang around with people over 50, people who aren't healthy, or people who smoke (i.e. just about everyone) have gotten vaccinated?
Should people not smoke cigarettes?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:59 pm
photofly wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:40 pm
Should people not smoke cigarettes?
If people who were infectious with COVID were as obviously identifiable as someone smoking a cigarette then there would never have been a pandemic and there would have been no need for vaccines.

And before you dig out your other inaccurate metaphors, let me point out that neither drinking alcohol nor obesity are contagious conditions.

So - should non-smoking healthy people under 50 who hang around with people over 50, people who aren't healthy, or people who smoke (i.e. just about everyone) have gotten vaccinated?

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Monkeypox is spreading among gay people, and it is contagious. If being contagious is the qualifier….

Should gay men get vaccinated for monkeypox? Should the non gays also get vaccinated?

Should anyone who hangs out with infants or elderly get the flu shot?

If the answer is yes. Should these people lose their jobs and be prevented from travelling if they choose not to get the vaccine? I will answer your question when you have a consistent thought.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:00 am Monkeypox is spreading among gay people, and it is contagious. If being contagious is the qualifier….

Should gay men get vaccinated for monkeypox? Should the non gays also get vaccinated?

Should anyone who hangs out with infants or elderly get the flu shot?

If the answer is yes. Should these people lose their jobs and be prevented from travelling if they choose not to get the vaccine? I will answer your question when you have a consistent thought.
The "gays" and the "non-gays"? What, are we back in the 1980's?

If hospitals fill up with people dying of monkeypox, and routine healthcare stops while everyone has to deal with that, then hell yeah, people should be prevented from travelling if they don't want a monkeypox vaccine. Happily, that doesn't look like it's going to happen.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Hospitals are over flowing today, not because of Covid. Only because our inept governments and peoples lack of desire to work. Just like airlines are in shambles and can’t staff airports, hospitals have the same issue as nurses found better jobs and left the profession.

Should monkeypox vaccines be mandated?

I don’t think I have ever seen a time where hospitals were not full. By your logic every vaccine should be mandatory to stop people from filling hospitals? What else can we ban to keep hospital numbers lower? Maybe this is the problem with social medicine, it will always be used as an excuse to infringe on peoples freedoms because we need to “protect our community”. Eventually the government has to step up and fix healthcare and stop blaming people. What next, should everyone stop driving cars to get hospitalizations lower? Should we suspend all sports activities, swimming, anything with any risk to make sure hospitals don’t fill up?

Let’s just go with private healthcare. Everyone can pay their way and no one can complain about others choices. Everyone can pay health insurance based on individual risk. Don’t want the Covid vaccine, you can pay the risk adjusted premium. Smoker? Pay the risk adjusted premium. The private insurance rates would really shed light on how the Covid vaccine is useless for kids, there would be no risk adjustment in the premium, because whether vaccinated or not would make no difference in hospitalization and death for 99.999 percent of kids. 100 percent I’m voting for any politicians who promise private healthcare in a two tier system.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:54 am I don’t think I have ever seen a time where hospitals were not full.
Mmhmm? So, all my relatives' elective operations were postponed for three years, for fun? For effect? I don't think so.
Let’s just go with private healthcare. Everyone can pay their way and no one can complain about others choices. Everyone can pay health insurance based on individual risk. Don’t want the Covid vaccine, you can pay the risk adjusted premium. Smoker? Pay the risk adjusted premium. The private insurance rates would really shed light on how the Covid vaccine is useless for kids, there would be no risk adjustment in the premium, because whether vaccinated or not would make no difference in hospitalization and death for 99.999 percent of kids. 100 percent I’m voting for any politicians who promise private healthcare in a two tier system.
I've lived in a country with that system, and it's not a whole lot better, or worse. Amateur health system engineers, just like yourself, but who live there, swear that getting rid of private healthcare and forcing everyone to use public healthcare will fix anything. Again, not true.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

photofly wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:10 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:54 am I don’t think I have ever seen a time where hospitals were not full.
Mmhmm? So, all my relatives' elective operations were postponed for three years, for fun? For effect?
The ugly truth is that, yes, your relatives have been screwed over for political reasons.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

tsgarp wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:57 pm
photofly wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:10 am
Mmhmm? So, all my relatives' elective operations were postponed for three years, for fun? For effect?
The ugly truth is that, yes, your relatives have been screwed over for political reasons.
Might be partly true. In the beginning they were preparing for worst case so they preemptively canceled lots of surgeries. Most of 2020 hospitals were basically empty until this caught up to them by flu season.

The reason hospitals are so busy now is the same as why airports are a disaster. It’s not Covid, it’s that staffing is low and miss managing the demand. Lots of people have cancers and other problems that went unnoticed the past two year and now everyone wants in all at the same time just like the travel rush.

Government chose short term solutions with no foresight. You can’t just shut hospitals down for two years for only Covid patients and emergencies and expect when you finally open back up that there won’t be a 2 year line of everything you canceled. I don’t think it was all political, it’s just that we have retards for experts. Not many experts stood up and said “hey we have a big issue brewing, when Covid is over all these people are going to still be sick with everything else that we out in the back burner”. Everyone was so concerned about Covid they forgot about everything else.

I would be curious to know the total number of frontline doctors and nurses working across Canada today vs pre pandemic. I think many left or retired. Wouldn’t surprise me if we have less staff and this is what happens when you miss manage a pandemic. I’ll give you a current example of something going on today. There are GPs still refusing in person appointments “because Covid”. They do virtual only, and then tell clients to go to emerg if they want to see someone in person. It’s an absolute joke. Hospitals going to be a mess for a while because they ain’t doing nothing to fix it and the lines are really long. Peoples health took a turn not because Covid, but because governments reaction to it and this is the consequences. Don’t blame the virus, we are here now because of how we reacted to it. When you only have a short term vision and refuse to see what the 2 year, 5 year, 10 year plan looks like this is what we get. Politicians want points to keep them elected and don’t care about 10 years out. They won’t be in power in 10 year. All we focused on was “science table Covid projection, what does it look like in 2 months” and we made every decision based on this.

Does the left had talk to the right hand? Trudeau plans to bring in many more immigrants. Great, but are the provinces planning to build more hospitals and hire more staff? Our GDP is growing while our GDP per person is shrinking. Just goes to show how we are not really making great choices.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:18 am I would be curious to know the total number of frontline doctors and nurses working across Canada today vs pre pandemic.
Many nurses have quit after the stress of having to deal with wards and wards full of COVID patients, the majority of whom were unvaccinated.

It's not mismanagement that made the problem worse; it's people like you. If you want a healthcare system that works, it's your responsibility to do everything you can to avoid having to use it.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

photofly wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:58 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:18 am I would be curious to know the total number of frontline doctors and nurses working across Canada today vs pre pandemic.
Many nurses have quit after the stress of having to deal with wards and wards full of COVID patients, the majority of whom were unvaccinated.

It's not mismanagement that made the problem worse; it's people like you. If you want a healthcare system that works, it's your responsibility to do everything you can to avoid having to use it.
Of course because the vaccine was only widely available less than a year ago. Prior to September 2021 there was a line up to get a shot and they were giving them out as fast as they possibly could. So all the problems prior to vaccines was because anti vax people. And then a highly effective vaccine was made available and health care workers were first inline to get it. And as soon as that all unfolds the healthcare workers instantly became more afraid of covid. They took the vaccine and they were like @#$! we are all going to die now because 10 percent of the population doesn't want the vaccine!

Your logic is retarded. 😂

Health care workers quit because they got a 90 percent effective vaccine and were afraid of anti vaxers. 😂

The real reason they quit is because they were forced to work long hours. The government mandate of only 1 percent pay raise per year. But you live in fantasy land if you want. Nurses want more money and more time off. They don't give a shit about people who don't want a vaccine. Hire more nurses and pay them well and give them vacation time. People would definitely stay. Clearly the issue is government miss management.

Why are airports in shambles? I bet everyone is quitting because they are afraid of covid! 😂😂😂. All those pilots FA's etc refusing to work because it's so dangerous. 😂 This is exactly what's going on photfly. The pilots and FA's want full hazmat suits or won't go to work.

Or maybe, just maybe people don't want to work for shit wage in an airport when they make you apply for a raic at the gtaa pass office that can't get its shit together. Maybe they are sick of masks. Maybe the shit wage to work at catsa is not worth the headache. And maybe no one wants to work at an airport when they know the government is actively making airports a shit place and will be the first place to layoff in a downturn. What does working at an airport offer?

I think you got it all wrong. Nothing to do with covid virus. The virus is the government.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

You and your whining.

You are that guy that shot both his parents then asks for clemency because he’s an orphan.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

photofly wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:11 am You and your whining.

You are that guy that shot both his parents then asks for clemency because he’s an orphan.
Im the one whining when you are complaining about hospital access when 90 percent of Canadians took a 90 percent effective vaccine and you are unhappy with the 10 percent because they are the problem.

Use your brain and see how idiotic your logic is.

The lack of hospital access is nothing to do with that 10 percent. We are one of the most vaccinated countries, and that can give some insight that there are other bigger issues. You must be falling for Trudeau's announcements about how the unvaccinated are the problem. Trudeau, Ford etc are garbage leaders. Leaders fix problems they don't blame people for the problems. Canadians have done their part, now the government can @#$! off. And also the covidians can @#$! off.

If you want to fix a problem, first you have to recognize why a problem exists. In 10 years you going to keep latching on to anti-vaxxers as the problem? You think if everyone was vax our hospitals would be ok? 😂 Com'on.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I’m actually relatively ok with the sacrifices we all made to keep healthcare going. I’ll even be generous and let people like you continue to use the healthcare system. Without discriminating against you. How’s that for generous!
Meanwhile, someone in this thread is moanin’ and bitchin’, and it’s not me.

Bingo Fuel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Bingo Fuel »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:17 am Trudeau, Ford etc are garbage leaders. Leaders fix problems they don't blame people for the problems. Canadians have done their part, now the government can @#$! off. And also the covidians can @#$! off.
Interesting. You claim Ford is a problem, yet you spent the whole Ontario election complaining about the Liberals and NDP.

I guess owning the libs is more important than getting rid of Ford. Good luck over the next four years. It's going to get a lot worse.

"Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it." - George Bernard Shaw
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

Are you aware that provincial political parties and federal political parties may share a name but ,otherwise, they are a very different beast? This is not the USA. It is very convoluted in Canada.A Liberal in BC is not necessarily a JT lover. Anyways do you remember McGuinty and Wynne? Two of the most blatantly corrupt politicians who recently ran Ontario into the ground. Ford is a shining light compared to those two fools.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Bingo Fuel wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:07 pm
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:17 am Trudeau, Ford etc are garbage leaders. Leaders fix problems they don't blame people for the problems. Canadians have done their part, now the government can @#$! off. And also the covidians can @#$! off.
Interesting. You claim Ford is a problem, yet you spent the whole Ontario election complaining about the Liberals and NDP.

I guess owning the libs is more important than getting rid of Ford. Good luck over the next four years. It's going to get a lot worse.
Did you see the liberal and ndp platforms? It was so bad their own voter base didn't even come out it to vote and both leaders stepped down after the election. I guess I got it right then didn't I? They were shit, and even the lefties couldn't stand them. Ford is shit because he is a populist and bends to the left to appease you whacky people who want to mask forever. But I guess ford's the best of the 3 main options. Doesn't make him a good leader though.

Return to “Covid”