how are the airlines responsibly for CATSA or CBA related issues....... :roll:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/airline ... -1.5956561
---------- ADS -----------

goingmissed
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Really

Post by goingmissed »

Loon-A-Tic wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 pm how are the airlines responsibly for CATSA or CBA related issues....... :roll:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/airline ... -1.5956561
Typical Liberal Party of Canada whataboutism.

Please don't turn this comment into a hate fest of left vs right... the blame is solely on the current government and not an individual's political preference.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

For the first time ever I have been recommending all my friends and family avoid flying for any trips planned this year.

Heading east? Drive, going west? Drive.

Rental car costs, hotel costs, flight disruptions. If your trip is within North America and you can afford the driving time it’s probably the best option for travel. As if flying was not enough of a headache a couple years ago, this year is proving to be a nightmare. It’s embarrassing, and I’m not going to defend airlines and airports and ask my family and friends to be patient. Spend your money elsewhere, no need to feed this system of incompetence. I’m also taking my own advice and will only be road tripping this year.

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:41 pm For the first time ever I have been recommending all my friends and family avoid flying for any trips planned this year.

Rental car costs, hotel costs, flight disruptions. If your trip is within North America and you can afford the driving time it’s probably the best option for travel. As if flying was not enough of a headache a couple years ago, this year is proving to be a nightmare. It’s embarrassing, and I’m not going to defend airlines and airports and ask my family and friends to be patient. Spend your money elsewhere, no need to feed this system of incompetence. I’m also taking my own advice and will only be road tripping this year.
Agree 100%. Recent trip to YYZ with some family members to a couple of ball games was a shit show. Three hr delay departing YSJ to YYZ and we got less than 2 hr notice of flight cancellation on return leg, return rebooking and subsequent hotel was a bigger shit show, Pearson gong show to boot so no airline trips for us until the crap show is settled. Toronto itself was great, fun ball games and fond memories walking through Cabbagetown again and a meal/beers at House of Parliament. I always liked the City of Toronto and nice to see it again after a few years absence.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:41 pm For the first time ever I have been recommending all my friends and family avoid flying for any trips planned this year.

100%.

If you are not flying over an ocean, drive.

This mess is not trending in the right direction. Might even be next year before we see a return to the lower level of airport related chaos that we used to call ‘normal’.

Vote with your wallet. Pay for gas, not an airplane ticket.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

All the more reason to fly out of YKF.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

I will literally fly the wrong way around the world rather than ever connect through YYZ again. This was a problem before the pandemic. It’s just an awful awful airport all around regardless of government or pandemic or kingdom come.

And Toronto does absolutely nothing for me. I’ll never understand what is so special about it.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

co-joe wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:01 am All the more reason to fly out of YKF.
Until your flight gets cancelled or "goes mechanical".

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Donald wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 pm
I know it’s eternally funny to make fun of basically any of the IROP Bindermobiles… whether it was Georgian or Regional One or now Pivot and Central Mountain Air……. but it’s 2022… a pilot shortage, MAX grounding, pandemic, random cancellations, consolidations, and route abandonments…. and shortages of everything… later.

Basically I get on any commercial flight expecting the absolute worst that way I’m pleasantly surprised when I get where I’m going when I want. Even on Big Red or especially Team Teal.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
GoHomeLeg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoHomeLeg »

"American Airlines pilot calls on FAA to monitor airlines he says are scheduling more flights than they can staff

Dennis Tajer, the Communications Committee Chairman for the Allied Pilots Association, said that airlines are scheduling more flights than they have pilots to staff."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/am ... d_nn_fb_ma

I think the transport minister just repeats whatever's going on down south as the problem here.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Donald wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:27 pm
Try running your own airline Donald, let me know how it goes. If you think Swoop's OTP is superior, then fly out of YHM. My point was there is a world outside YYZ.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Bud, you need to slow down on the Flair Kool aid. That was my only point. No airline is perfect, in fact I'd say they all suck equally bad. You just pay more for the misery on WJ and AC.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Donald wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:20 pm Bud, you need to slow down on the Flair Kool aid. That was my only point. No airline is perfect, in fact I'd say they all suck equally bad. You just pay more for the misery on WJ and AC.
:lol: Point taken. Enjoy that misery. I've flown on every airline in Canada in the past year and had great experiences on every one.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Ironically enough, I just saw some social media posts today about people missing the Garth Brooks show in yeg, due to Flair canceling their flight at the last minute.

What is a "controllable aircraft availability"?

FB_IMG_1656220957930.jpg
FB_IMG_1656220957930.jpg (88.2 KiB) Viewed 2440 times

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

Donald wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:29 pmWhat is a "controllable aircraft availability"?
It's kinda like a "special military operation".

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

Very interesting to see Flair cheerleaders embarrassing themselves. All kool aid tastes like shit after a while. Just give it time.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”