New Flair Staff Travel

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

New Flair Staff Travel

Post by tbaylx »

In recognition of employees' contributions to growing our airline Flair has just announced one of the most flexible and comprehensive staff travel policies in Canada.

1- staff may nominate up to 6 Nominees eligible for unlimited standby travel. The nominees do not have to be related to the employee.

2- Eight positive space travel certificates per year to all staff who have completed one year of service. These posi space tickets can be used by staff or their nominees or given away as positive space buddy passes.

3- 4 one-way space available buddy passes every quarter, 16 per year. They are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be given to anyone the employee chooses.

In addition, all staff will soon have ID travel on Other Airlines available through MyIDTravel and pilots will continue to have access to the existing and rapidly expanding pilot reciprocal jumpseat program.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
Flair Staff Travel Policy.JPG
Flair Staff Travel Policy.JPG (128.87 KiB) Viewed 8574 times
Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: New Flair Staff Travel

Post by Arnie Pye »

Nothing in this industry happens until it happens. A couple of nice emails doesn't make it so. Not to air dirty laundry, but that is all that we have today; A few nice emails hoping to stem the tide of people departing for airlines that actually have staff travel on other airlines for their entire family.

The last communication I saw said we should have a contract to vote on by the spring. I guess I forgot to ask which year.

fish4life
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by fish4life »

Do stby people have to pay all the regular bag fee’s ?

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:10 pm Nothing in this industry happens until it happens. A couple of nice emails doesn't make it so. Not to air dirty laundry, but that is all that we have today; A few nice emails hoping to stem the tide of people departing for airlines that actually have staff travel on other airlines for their entire family.

The last communication I saw said we should have a contract to vote on by the spring. I guess I forgot to ask which year.
Pretty immature on your part. If you are a Flair pilot, don't you think you should have sent an email to your management and ask for updates? from experience, they are very open and will reply to you pretty quick.

nynybear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nynybear »

Does this new travel policy that F8 has announced include staff travel for the employee and eligible dependents on other carriers or just F8? I hope it's the former or else it's a far cry from industry leading...

evilgravy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by evilgravy »

is it still just one person booking all this? god help em...

Arnie Pye
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Arnie Pye »

Jumbo744 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:01 am
Arnie Pye wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:10 pm Nothing in this industry happens until it happens. A couple of nice emails doesn't make it so. Not to air dirty laundry, but that is all that we have today; A few nice emails hoping to stem the tide of people departing for airlines that actually have staff travel on other airlines for their entire family.

Pretty immature on your part. If you are a Flair pilot, don't you think you should have sent an email to your management and ask for updates? from experience, they are very open and will reply to you pretty quick.
Immature to ask them for an update on an email they sent out the day before? I'd call that impatient, not immature. I'd also say it is inappropriate to be posting internal staff travel hopes and wishes on avcanada. Once you can go onto myidtravel and actually book something, then you can advertise to all the people on here that their girlfriends/wives can travel on ZED fares. Until then, the only thing that TBaylx has done is post an internal email on a public forum for a policy that doesn't exist in practice.

As for the contract, I have reached out to the union, not management. The details of that conversation won't be posted on a public forum. Suffice to say, we are far from seeing anything presented to the pilot group. In the meantime, experienced people continue to trickle away back to other opportunities where pay is higher and ZED travel is in place. We cancelled some flights recently because of a lack of FA's. They are also leaving for other opportunities in part because WS and AC have travel policies in place for flight attendants.

But yes, to TBaylx's point at some unspecified point in the future, we may or may not have something that resembles the email posted below. Or it could change by the time it comes into practice. What do I know?

FatPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FatPilot »

Well,
- they have enough empty seats...
-they will still charge for all the extras ( where they make their money anyways)

CXALE
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CXALE »

Any idea when OAL pilots will be able to book recip jumpseat on Flair using Myid Travel?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

I'm still curious as two what this new amazing payscale will be that was announced late last year will be. I guess soon to be announced in 2023 is a more accurate response.

I will give all credit to the sales job that the CP is doing, just surprised more effort is not being put into actually get what is being said than the sales job about what is coming.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

Announcement has been made that MYIDtravel is being implemented so that should mean that JS travel will be booked through that system.

The contact negotiations did not start until January because we moved from Unifor to ALPA and that took some time.

CXALE
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CXALE »

Soyer wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:38 am Announcement has been made that MYIDtravel is being implemented so that should mean that JS travel will be booked through that system.

The contact negotiations did not start until January because we moved from Unifor to ALPA and that took some time.
Thats good to know, thanks

oakmoss1889
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oakmoss1889 »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:52 am

3- 4 one-way space available buddy passes every quarter, 16 per year. They are valid for 12 months from the date of issue and can be given to anyone the employee chooses.
In the attachment it says "buddy passes : a pass for confirmed travel" but its standby right? Like a normal buddy pass?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

oakmoss1889 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:02 pm

In the attachment it says "buddy passes : a pass for confirmed travel" but its standby right? Like a normal buddy pass?
Nice catch, yes that's meant to be space avaialble

oakmoss1889
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oakmoss1889 »

tbaylx wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:36 am
oakmoss1889 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Nice catch, yes that's meant to be space avaialble
Okay, thanks. Just wanted to confirm.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

No- asked HR. Those confirmed passes can also be given to 'buddies' up to the yearly limit. Excellent perk.

oakmoss1889
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by oakmoss1889 »

Soyer wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:16 pm No- asked HR. Those confirmed passes can also be given to 'buddies' up to the yearly limit. Excellent perk.
But you're talking about the #2 passes right (positive space travel passes)? I was asking about #3 on the list ("buddy passes"). If buddy passes were confirmed passes there would be no difference between the two.

Soyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Soyer »

The 8 ONE way passes (4 returns essentially) are positive space and can be utilized by your nominees (essentially family for most people) and ALSO by the buddies that you set up in the system. This goes well beyond most airlines (similar to what JetBlue permits).

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

This post intentionally left blank

beefcheese
Rank 0
Rank 0