"Everyone is leaving" split

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: So everyone is leaving?

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

GhostRider6 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:08 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:24 pm I’m vaccinated, double boosted, and the damn flight attendants are trying to kill me. #covid19 #N95isnotenough #antimaskersaregrandmakillers #americafreedumb
61FCB86D-4B9D-46D3-A8E6-419EB3C93B5E.jpeg

Do you wear a bike helmet? Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Do your kids wear a seatbelt in the car? AND should we make it mandatory for you to do so? Because really no one gives a shit if you do these things, the only reason we are scratching our heads is because maybe someone like you would think these things should be law.

If the answers to these questions are ( yes) I suggest you stop castigating this man for thinking about his own personal safety and the safety of those around him.

He’s doing nothing different than wearing a helmet.

Stop with the recklessness ( not mask wearing)
Stop with the intolerance ( poking fun at the man)

In terms of the flight attendant, she’s breaking air regulations plain and simple and is incompetent, selfish and reckless.

Do you wear a bike helmet when walking? Do you wear a seatbelt while you sit and watch tv? And just to bring this to your level... Should this be mandatory... Because no one cares if you wear a helmet when you walk, we just don't want laws that say we have to join your club.

I can quantify and show with data the efficacy of wearing a helmet when you ride a bike, but not when you wear a helmet to walk. I can show with data the efficacy of seatbelts when you drive, but I can’t show you any data to support wearing a seatbelt to watch tv.

Just like I can quantify the efficacy of an N95 mask in high risk environments around symptomatic infectious people, but I can’t show any efficacy of cloth masks with fully vaccinated people on a plane who are allowed to take the mask off to eat and then put it back on.

Leave your idiotic religious views somewhere else. Are you really as obtuse as you make yourself out to be? What is the risk for this guy in the plane when the FA is not masked, and if she wore a mask how much is that risk reduced. If you can’t put a number to it, then it’s just your religious BS. And if the change in risk is statistically insignificant, or nearly unmeasurable, well dumb dumbs maybe it’s time to stop the virtue signalling.

“He’s doing nothing different than wearing a helmet.”

Sure he is, he is wearing a helmet walking down a sidewalk yelling at other people walking on the sidewalk saying “why aren’t you idiots wearing a helmet! You are trying to kill me!!!”

Everyone around him thinks this guy must be on some sort of pills and has mental health issues
---------- ADS -----------

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: So everyone is leaving?

Post by GhostRider6 »

WellThatAgedWell wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:39 am
GhostRider6 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:08 am
WellThatAgedWell wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:24 pm I’m vaccinated, double boosted, and the damn flight attendants are trying to kill me. #covid19 #N95isnotenough #antimaskersaregrandmakillers #americafreedumb
61FCB86D-4B9D-46D3-A8E6-419EB3C93B5E.jpeg

Do you wear a bike helmet? Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Do your kids wear a seatbelt in the car? AND should we make it mandatory for you to do so? Because really no one gives a shit if you do these things, the only reason we are scratching our heads is because maybe someone like you would think these things should be law.

If the answers to these questions are ( yes) I suggest you stop castigating this man for thinking about his own personal safety and the safety of those around him.

He’s doing nothing different than wearing a helmet.

Stop with the recklessness ( not mask wearing)
Stop with the intolerance ( poking fun at the man)

In terms of the flight attendant, she’s breaking air regulations plain and simple and is incompetent, selfish and reckless.

Do you wear a bike helmet when walking? Do you wear a seatbelt while you sit and watch tv? And just to bring this to your level... Should this be mandatory... Because no one cares if you wear a helmet when you walk, we just don't want laws that say we have to join your club.

I can quantify and show with data the efficacy of wearing a helmet when you ride a bike, but not when you wear a helmet to walk. I can show with data the efficacy of seatbelts when you drive, but I can’t show you any data to support wearing a seatbelt to watch tv.

Just like I can quantify the efficacy of an N95 mask in high risk environments around symptomatic infectious people, but I can’t show any efficacy of cloth masks with fully vaccinated people on a plane who are allowed to take the mask off to eat and then put it back on.

Leave your idiotic religious views somewhere else. Are you really as obtuse as you make yourself out to be? What is the risk for this guy in the plane when the FA is not masked, and if she wore a mask how much is that risk reduced. If you can’t put a number to it, then it’s just your religious BS. And if the change in risk is statistically insignificant, or nearly unmeasurable, well dumb dumbs maybe it’s time to stop the virtue signalling.

“He’s doing nothing different than wearing a helmet.”

Sure he is, he is wearing a helmet walking down a sidewalk yelling at other people walking on the sidewalk saying “why aren’t you idiots wearing a helmet! You are trying to kill me!!!”

Everyone around him thinks this guy must be on some sort of pills and has mental health issues

Nice deflection …

In Canada we value science, scientific data and caring about others .

Masks have been proven to not only protect ourselves but others and reduce transmission.

To reflect science and Canadian values we have a masking rule in Canada. End. OF. Story

If you Don’t like it? Go elsewhere .

If you don’t want to follow science and follow mores of society that is linked to some very serious mental disorders. ( psychopathy, anti-social personality disorder etc)

I encourage you to seek appropriate mental health resources to support you in your ability to do the right thing in our society.

In my city, it is illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk or to ride a bike without a helmet. It’s proven that bike crashes do lead to concussions … mask wearing leads to retracting a deadly illness that could kill someone.

The fact that you do not care about that is frankly disturbing.

We also had an election and the country decided that this was the approach we collectively wanted …. And we wanted a party to stay the course fighting COVID and saving lives. This is where we are and people are safe as a result.

This flight attendant was blatantly disregarding Canadian Air regulations and peoples safety and as a result got called out publicly for it. Hopefully, she is no longer working in the aviation industry. ( which requires both caring about safety and science)

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: "Everyone is leaving" split

Post by Inverted2 »

“Nice deflection …

Masks have been proven to not only protect ourselves but others and reduce transmission.

To reflect science and Canadian values we have a masking rule in Canada. End. OF. Story”

I don’t care about you or your mask. I don’t wear one anywhere. If you believe in “science” why is Canada the only place you have to wear masks on airplanes? I’ll tell you why: Our narcissistic dictator doesn’t want to admit defeat and is holding on stubbornly to feed his ego.

Let’s Go Brandon
GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

Inverted2 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:42 pm “Nice deflection …

To reflect science and Canadian values we have a masking rule in Canada. End. OF. Story”

I don’t care about you or your mask. I don’t wear one anywhere. If you believe in “science” why is Canada the only place you have to wear masks on airplanes? I’ll tell you why: Our narcissistic dictator doesn’t want to admit defeat and is holding on stubbornly to feed his ego.

Canada has one of the lowest if not the lowest death rate of any G7 country…

Narcissists are characterized by not really caring about anyone else… only themselves which is contrary to COVID restrictions…

I can’t control what you do … but it says a lot about you that you care more about your FreeDUMB than others around you.

Is it really that hard to be brave and wear a mask that protects others ? How does this personally impact your freeDUMB.

WellThatAgedWell
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by WellThatAgedWell »

“Nice deflection …
Masks have been proven to not only protect ourselves but others and reduce transmission.”

Clearly in Canada we must not care. The only place a mask must be worn is an airport. I was at the hospital the other day and they didn’t even make me wear a mask there.

Also, when you ride a bike, do you take your helmet off every time you go to drink some water? What does the science say about taking your helmet off as you bike?

So what does the science say about wearing a mask on a plane and taking it off to eat? Why are we even allowed to eat on planes when that could kill a fellow passenger?

Clearly you are just an idiot. I would love to see where you read “science” and “data” that you talk about. Again, since to know the science and data, what was the change in risk for the passengers when the FA had no mask on, vs if she had a cloth mask on? Let us know the data there champ!

Two years of posts that aged like a fine cheddar.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Don’t forget the Monkeypox factor……..

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

pelmet wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:42 pm Don’t forget the Monkeypox factor……..
Cant wait to get my monkeypox booster. Oh wait, do antivaxxers understand sarcasm?

Return to “Covid”