Page 1 of 1

Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:43 am
by music.is.the.answer
I rarely do this, but…

This company is looking for a DEC on the CRJ, listing very specific requirements including a CL65 type rating and the base salary is $63k? I work at a company where Year 1 FO is nearly $90k.

What an absolute joke. This country is FKD!!

You get what you pay for….good luck Voyageur. I’m sure the resumes from solid candidates will be pouring in….

That is an absolutely laughable salary.

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:20 am
by qwe221sd
music.is.the.answer wrote: ↑Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:43 am I rarely do this, but…

This company is looking for a DEC on the CRJ, listing very specific requirements including a CL65 type rating and the base salary is $63k? I work at a company where Year 1 FO is nearly $90k.

What an absolute joke. This country is FKD!!

You get what you pay for….good luck Voyageur. I’m sure the resumes from solid candidates will be pouring in….

That is an absolutely laughable salary.
supply and demand.

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:32 am
by Bueno74
I imagine your actual salary is quite a bit higher once all the mysterious “incentives” mentioned in the job posting are considered. The company isn’t doing themselves any favours by hiding what those are.
But still - $63k to live in a compound in a possibly war torn country half the year away from your family? Insulting.

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:30 am
by garfield
Yep but actually you're paid to visit new countries!

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:43 am
by Handover
garfield wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:30 am Yep but actually you're paid to visit new countries!
I've worked in many of these countries Voyager flies in and would be earning upwards of $120k USD plus benefits to fly smaller turbo props 10-15 years ago. There is no excusing this insulting salary.

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:30 am
by ‘Bob’
What a joke! Joke company. At those rates they are going to attract just the right kind of talent that maybe African nations will start banning them from flying.

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:58 pm
by WANP
I read that smiling and laughing.

Base pay should be about $12,000/month, plus perks.

Maybe they can get a good drug addict for the money offered, who flies their plane right to the scene of the crash.

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:06 pm
by Dias
WANP wrote: ↑Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:58 pm Maybe they can get a good drug addict for the money offered
Too soon

Re: Voyageur CRJ Captain

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:17 pm
by ‘Bob’
Di@s wrote:
WANP wrote: Maybe they can get a good drug addict for the money offered
Too soon
Oooo…. I sense there is a story here.